Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
PVC Rails
Feb 28, 2007 by ksaxdm6

I am planning on setting up my pvc pipe so it is slanted like a stair rail. I was wondering how the slippyness and all would compare to a metal rail. Like, I don't want to get good on the pvc pipe and then try a stair rail and fall because I was moving slower/faster than what I was used to. Anybody know how these compare?
Replies

Feb 28, 2007shdook

Setting it up on stairs... Think about how steep the stairs are i can grind down my stairs, you will go incredibly fast, also keep in mind where your celing is. I once accidently got hit in the head by my celing!

Mar 1, 2007DarkVermillion

Metal rail=Not to slippery, only if it's really smooth and you wax it.
PVC=Always smooth, just don't get dirt on it cause that will make it grainy and hard to grind.

Mar 1, 2007Slidey

Stair rails = Really fast, depending on the steepness, you probably shouldn't wax it. Waxing it will make it as quick as a PVC pipe.

When hitting the stair rail lean forward as much as you usually would on the PVC, just remeber that you might not go as fast.

Mar 1, 2007AnthoFlex

Or D. Vermillion, you can get a painted Steel rail.....fast and slick, i personally cant stand PVC pipes....they piss me off

Mar 1, 2007Slidey

I find that painted steel rails are always faster than plain rails but vary in slickness, a LOT

Mar 1, 2007AnthoFlex

yea, i cant stand PVC.....ugh *gets the chills*

Mar 1, 2007AnthoFlex

i actually wanna buy a bunch of differnt rails in different Shapes....hell, i may even have a mini Soap-park in my room! :p

Mar 1, 2007Slidey

lol dude I remeber when you came up with the Idea for PVC. You were like "OMG!! PVC IS SOO FUKIN AWESOME"

but I agree, PVC is just really boring now

Mar 1, 2007RamenRadio

Not for me Slidey, it's one of the only rails that I can grind on (when I'm not at AJ's). If there were a lot more rails in NY, I would probably think the same, but PVC is all I have atm

Mar 1, 2007AnthoFlex

I did that post?.....really?

If i did, it was probably because of the cost....nothing beats the cost of PVC

Mar 1, 2007RamenRadio

well, a lot more rails in East Islip, not so much NY lol

Mar 1, 2007Slidey

Wait no it wasn't u, it was Trev lol. Soz Renny.

Ramen I'm sure there are SOME rails in your area. If you can't jump up then climb on, it's good for balance and eliminating your fear of hieght. I climb onto some rails, coz they are just too good to miss just coz I can't jump on.

Mar 1, 2007RamenRadio

I'll go looking around tonight around midnight for some rails. Yeah, there might be a few. Just because I don't see them right before my eyes doesn't mean that they aren't there. So I'll take a closer look
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Hugh Hermes hittin a Frontside
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Pretty Royale
Alexei Tajzler of DEOS hittin another Alley-Opp CG in Greenville, Delaware
Daylon Smith sliding the huge Iowa City kink