Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
tell me what you guys think: letter from HSL
Mar 4, 2007 by matrix8967

I've been in contact with someone from HSL and i'm not going to say who. I'll tell you they aren't a sales-rep or anything like that. These are the letters >:(

I wrote:
Alex Morris [matrix8967@yahoo.com].

Dear HSL, I greatly appreciate you keeping soap alive and from the brink of utter bankruptcy. My name is Alex Morris and I am in charge of the Soap shoes group on www.facebook.com and the soap xanga www.xanga.com/soaprevolution. I believe I speak for MANY, MANY, soapers when I say we would like Soap to get a little more attention from HSL. I've been doing all I can to advertise Soap shoes at my school and town and state; and I'm not the only one. I'm going to be in my Senior Yearbook for Soaping. Many soapers (including my team "Soap Revolution") would like to see things such as: New shoe Designs, Resurrection of older designs (Artimes/In-stride {I understand there may be patent Issues, and mold/die issues}) Full sole plates (A-side), perhaps removable sole plates, removable plates, etc. I understand sales will have to go up. I understand Economics; supply and demand, nobody knows of soaps, so you don't want to make them as much as heelys. But I'm doing all I can to change that. I am trying to spread the word. Many people are trying to spread the word. I wish I could set up demo's in my state, but I haven't the resources. Please understand where the soap community is coming from.

Thank you for your time,

---Alex

s(he) wrote back:

Alex:

Thanks for your continued interest in Soap. We do still manufacture the “pure” SOAP shoes, but in limited quantities. As you stated, there just isn’t the demand to warrant opening new molds for new grind plates and shoes. Retailers aren’t pushing for the shoes and as a result, we’re not seeing the need to invest more than we currently do. With that said, we have continued to use Soap inspired grind plates in our shoes. If you’re looking for a new look for Soap, take a look at our Heelys Grind Shoe. We continue to put out new shoes with grind plates on a regular basis; they’re just not under the Soap name.

Again, thanks for your continued interest in Soap!

I wrote (after I discovered they had been lying and actually had all the molds/dies):

hello,

I just heard that HSL actually has all the original molds and dies for the plates and shoes from the artemis/in-stride days. :( I'd give anything to have some of those shoes again. Is there anyone I can talk to regarding these shoes. I know I'm just one person, but I'd like to talk to someone about this, to atleast give myself piece of mind.

---Alex

They wrote back (and this is the real pisser):

Alex:

At this time, we do not have any plans to reopen those molds. There is a minimum quantity required in order to make any runs and again there just isn’t the demand out there to warrant doing that. I really will push you towards the Heelys. Again, take the wheel out and just use the grind part of the shoe if you are not interested in learning to use the wheel. The plate is the same or similar, depending on the shoe, to the Soap design and just as functional. We just had a shoot on Friday to capture the tricks that our skaters can do at skate parks and the grinds they’re doing are the same as the grinds for Soap. The skate park manager is a former Soaper and he was impressed with what our skaters can accomplish.

I hope that helps to answer your questions.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------

So, tell me what you guys want to say to this person, and I'll email it, un-edited. be professional, but firm. what do you guys think?

---Alex
Replies

Mar 4, 2007DarkVermillion

Well I guess the only reason the Heelys with grindplates are being sold is cause the wheel, if they'd bring back soaps and make a few commercials with them I bet thousands of people will go, "Holy crap! Cool!!" I told about 6 people yesterday where to get them, so that proves that people will buy them. I show people pics and videos of me grinding and they go, "Wow, I want to do that!" They have to have faith in the shoes.

Mar 4, 2007ordnanceflint91

yeah same here. HSL needs faith in Soap Shoes. i have 2 friends that got soaps. one got them off ebay cuz he wanted the sylons and the other is his brother and he wanted a pair of mine so i sold him mine. but yeah HSL just needs a lil faith and things would be a lot better

Mar 4, 2007dunk

OK, I fully appreciate what you're trying to do but I honestly don't think there's anything left to be said on this subject.
If you understand economics, supply and demand then surely you'll understand that HSL aren't going to pour money into a sinking ship for love nor money. I've lost track of the number of times people on this forum have been told by HSL that "there just isn’t the demand" and "retailers aren’t pushing for the shoes". Look at it from HSL's point of view, why invest in a product that no one, or very few people (in the grand scheme of things), actually wants.
Personally, I think you're wasting your time writing emails to them since it's pretty obvious that all they're doing is fobbing you off. Do something a little more proactive like organizing a demo and getting the word out about Soap shoes, last I heard the NYCS boys had managed to secure some soap shoes from HSL, so it seems they're willing to help out in some small way.
But I promise you, hand on heart, HSL will do absolutely nothing with the Soap brand unless they see its popularity grow, and the only way that's gonna happen is at a grass roots level with people like you organizing demos, making soap shoes websites and shooting sick videos and putting them on sites like YouTube so other people can see what Soap shoes are all about. The internet is an awesome marketing tool (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing">Viral Marketing) but you're gonna have to do the promotion yourself because, whilst HSL continues to own the hugely successful competing brand that is currently wiping the floor of the grind shoe market, they have absolutely zero interest in reviving Soap, it's just very, very basic business sense and nothing you say in an email will ever convince them otherwise.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shoot you down, I'm just trying to get you to look at things from a different perspective.
I think that in this case, action (by way of demos and getting the word out) will speak far louder than words.

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

OHHH!!! I FUCKING TOLD YOU!!! I TOLD YOU THAT THEY HAD THE FUCKING MOLDS!!!!!! YESS!!! I KNOW ALL!!

oh by the way, that was either:

Venus Yin or
Brooks Stradigary who answered those messages

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

and i agree with dunk,

The only way these guys are gonna listen to us is with demos. And that is what we (The NYCS) managed to do. Thanx to Steve Deel, the NYCS is gonna throw a Soap demo in the greatest city in the world.

As soon as I get the shoes, Me, Dario, and Sal will decide on a date for the demo

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

i didnt mean to offend anybody when i said the greatest city in the world, i just meant that (its been said by MANY) that NYC is the best place to Soap

Mar 5, 2007matrix8967

I'm doing all I can. I KNOW they won't do anything if the don't see improvement, but I'm trying to tell them to LOOK. I can't just call steve and say "steve, hook me up with some demo shoes" and make it so. I don't live in a heavily populated area. I know they won't do anything if there's no money in it. I've taken enough business classes to know that. It's heartless to me, but true. I want to help, but I wasn't born in a location to do so. When I get older, maybe I can move to a better location to do it.

I'm trying. I'm doing all I can. And in the end, it may not matter at all. but at least I did what I could.

---Alex

Mar 5, 2007matrix8967

and I'm not sayin NYCS just shit those demo shoes. they worked thier asses off to get them and that demo.

Soap is all about the brand to me. not just the function. sick vids? sic pics? I'm pissed, so I should channel some anger. I need a camera.

---Alex

Mar 5, 2007SapAuthor

I'm hoping that the opening of the new SOAP flash site for myspace will also help boost sales, BUt yes, the main way to get these shoes popular is through telling people about them, uploading videos, hitting up places with impressive grinds, etc.

And yes, you were right Renny, as usual lol.

Also, Trey D's friend owns a skate shop and is interested in supplying SOAPs again, it's a step in the right direction, but Trey needs to really provide a lot of hype if the guy can get HSL to send him shoes as well, and get them to sell.

Mar 5, 2007Surfaced

Fuck yes, I couldn't be happier to hear that they still have the molds and dies.

Really though, our best shot at getting Soap out there again quickly (within a couple of years) is collaborating to make a Soap movie that decimates everything else. And it would have to become highly popular on numerous websites....

Mar 5, 2007DeanSoaper

Sounds funny, but one of the best places to get vids highly popular is ebaumsworld.

Mar 5, 2007Surfaced

And at demos, make everyone who attends aware of SolidGrind and encourage them to be active in our campaign to bring Soap back to the masses.

Mar 5, 2007DeanSoaper

And also, I dont remember where it was, but somewhere I read someone talking aboue Edios making a FSW game, possibly with appearances with some kind of grinding shoes, again, its just rumors, dont jump with excitement, but can anyone expand on this.

Mar 5, 2007Surfaced

Ebaumsworld, YouTube, Google Video, Myspace Video... everywhere that generates lots of hits per day.

Mar 5, 2007Surfaced

I suppose we could ask Edios if that is true.

Mar 5, 2007DeanSoaper

And on that note, I mean come on, Sonic and Soap Shoes is a huge advertisement. My girlfriends 9 year old brother was like, yea Soap Shoes I know what those are, when I told him I was getting Soap Shoes.

Mar 5, 2007DeanSoaper

Yes but google, youtube and mypace is like second rate compared to ebaums

Mar 5, 2007DeanSoaper

they are all giant hosting sites, not ebaums, you have to submit vids.

Mar 5, 2007DeanSoaper

the best advertising is still the News. If you can get an article in your State, city, town, or even school paper. But The absolute best.... TV. Someone has to get this on TV. We need a commercial or News story or something. Also some advertising in a Store would be sick, any new skate or shoe store that pops up around you, go to, ask them to advertise, and show them your SOAPS and ask them if they would be interested and tell them to contact HSL.

Mar 5, 2007DeanSoaper

And I think pamphlets should be made with info on SOAPS, differant models, and differant plates, and info on them, and teams, and famous Soapers.

Mar 5, 2007matrix8967

yeah, we need one video. I used to think "we need to use express, to advertise soaps..." now that we know they have the molds we should use the old models so they can open them up maybe? show how popular they are.

I advertise every where I can. Perhaps I should put up pamphlets at school? just put them on the walls, in lockers, etc. things spread like mad at this school. this is the most rumor-prone school ever. people will probably start saying "I invented these shoes..." lol.

teacher

---Alex

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

As for News (paper, TV) advertising, i've been already on it. Its hard, but i managed to get on my schoool newspaper for Soapshoes. Now im working towards major newspapers and FOX 5 (most people watch that)

As for shoes being produced, i feel that:

From HSL:

Express, Scam, T-bone should be made (A-sides wont come back, despite our efforts)

From Other Molds:

Scorchers (for sonic freaks), Broadsides, Ordnance

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

and perhaps a few others

Mar 5, 2007matrix8967

I think the Cleans had a good thing, just different plates. they should start making ALL the plates. (except UHF originals...)
Also Scabs. and Crowbars. and prabas.

I might be in the YearBook for soaping. Journalism won't do a story about it because it's a sport and the ONLY sport that anyone cares about in this town is Football. the have like a huge budget and we havn't won a game in like 6 years.

Robert and I have been soaping alot and have gotten kids curious. I think maybe if we went to little rock, got some PR's and tried to talk to a mall manager, we could set up in the mall with some music and stuff...but we wouldnt be able to let people try the soaps, they could only watch us soap. :(

maybe when i get some money, I can buy like 2 pairs in each size...but it would take a LONG time...and then i'd have bought ALOT of shoes I can't do anything with...>:( damn.

I've thought about soaping my local newspaper's building. but there's not much to soap and they'd probably just get pissed.

I'm bored in 1st period because I forgot my Ipod @_@ so this is probably unnecissarly long...

---Alex

Mar 5, 2007SapAuthor

About the T-Bone, me and steve talked about it, it really isn't a the best thing, cuz if you think about it, to use the heel plate, you really are, well, heelying except on a plate. I say teh broadsides would be a better shoe to bring out.

Mar 5, 2007guero12

Yeah if more people knew about SOAP's im sure they would want them.
Especially the Scorchers shoes, I want them really bad.

Mar 5, 2007RamenRadio

If they are saying that soap sales are "bad", maybe that is because they have 1 and a half models out!

Mar 5, 2007Slidey

They should keep making Chaos as well. The style is actually really cool (but not in the pic thats up here) and the look of them has made a few people buy soaps. Thier still my fav looking soap (better than the Express)

Mar 5, 2007RamenRadio

I vote for you, Renny, and Dario to run HSL. lol HSL couldn't look more stupid.

Mar 5, 2007Surfaced

Yep bringing the T-Bone back wouldn't be a good idea. As discussed before, the T-Bone was a perfect example of "going halfway, but not all the way" for fear of poor sales... bad idea. Just revise the Broadside again and attempt to fix the problems...oh wait, that would turn out to be the A-Side.

So if HSL wants to retro any of their own Soaps, they should do the Scam, Express, and Groove. And If they want to be saints and please us all (lmfao I'll never live to see that day), they'd retro the Scorcher, Septum, Dash, Flow, Crowbar, and Squeaky Clean.

Mar 5, 2007Surfaced

OH, and while they are at it, RETRO THE GRAIL! THE GREATEST (and only decent) HYBRID EVER RELEASED!

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

fuck the grail, and fuck the grooves. I say the only HSL Soapshoes out should be:

Express, Scam, A-side (you were right about the T-bones)

Mar 5, 2007RamenRadio

well said Renny

Mar 5, 2007ordnanceflint91

i agree with Renny. the express,scam,and a-sides and possible the t-bone just for the hell of it

Mar 5, 2007SonicSoaper

They could even have special edition replicas of the A-Sides and Express for us SEGA fanatics. But alas, those are the dreams of a psycho.....Well, there's always public access T.V. for local advertisment. Too bad only old people and stoners watch public access.

Mar 5, 2007matrix8967

this is what I'm talking about. end of the week I'm emailing this to HSL. keep 'em comming. no bad ideas (except ones that might jeopardize soap.)

---Alex

Mar 5, 2007SonicSoaper

Maybe throw some teaser commercials out there.

Mar 5, 2007mgm

Why are you emailing them when they already gave you an answer? They are not going to go out of their way to revive old shoes or design new shoes for a brand that is almost dead. If they were for some reason to make new shoes I would say that they should make their shoes actually look like shoes. In the newer designs of soaps they overcomplicate their designs and make them look like crap.

Mar 5, 2007RamenRadio

Why do you care what we do if you think it's dead? If you don't have any support for us, don't say anything at all. You sound like Davebellair

Mar 5, 2007matrix8967

I don't care. If HSL won't revive or even make new shoes, then so be it. but they're gonna get hell from me and others. I'm not giving up.

they aren't going out of thier way because they say there aren't enough people interested. but they aren't looking!

---Alex

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

I know, I'm with you all the way Alex. Just ask if you need any support, I'm your soaper

Mar 6, 2007DeanSoaper

I think there should be some cleans, or scabs for the old school look. Also Me and my friends like the "clean" look of Cleans and Scabs. Or Squeeks would be sick, but deffinately all plates should be re-released.

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

I think the ones Renny said should be released should come first. Others will be done later, but we've JUST gotten HSL to open their eyes. It'll take a little more time

Mar 6, 2007AnthoFlex

i cant believe i left out the cleans...yea, the cleans should be re-released, along with a few other ones

Goas for the gangsta community, i've been told millions of times that the Goas look like Jordans

Mar 6, 2007DeanSoaper

LOL, hey do, never thought that, but I love Cleans, I think they look like vans. But I do think the ones you said should come first, and have at least one replaceable grind plate shoe such as cleans.

Mar 6, 2007matrix8967

I hate goas, but soaps are soaps man, so far we've got

HSL:

Express, Scam, Chaos.

Artemis/In-stride:

Broadside, Ordnance, Cleans, Scabs, Goas, and Scorchers.

(I'll personally throw in Crowbars, but I think that's just me...I love those shoes. those things are tanks. Urban Assault Vehicles.)

---Alex

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

I could live without the goas. But I'd really like the sylons released again. They are someone's very very favorite shoes, and I'm not talking about me. And I think they should be re released in respect to him, otherwise we would not be talking here right now.

Mar 6, 2007ordnanceflint91

the goas should definately be re-released. i would love to have some chernobyls again to go with my yellowjackets

Mar 6, 2007DeanSoaper

I think we should have all re-released, but first we need our foot in the door, I think Express, Scam, Ordnance, Chaos, and Cleans (all to be reasonable some fixed some replaceable) should be the first, maybe without the Cleans first up.

Mar 6, 2007matrix8967

I'm using this as a representative sample. I'm gonna post some surveys and stuff around. I uno where yet, i'm really tired, hard day soaping, and I've got band gigs tomorrow. keep em comming. Let HSL know how you feel.

---Alex

Mar 6, 2007matrix8967

wait* not how you feel, what you think. ;)

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

No, I don't think all of them being released is good. What about plates? I'd like all the plates to be re released, but I don't think that there is any way that HSL would release the UHF plates lol

Mar 6, 2007AnthoFlex

releasing all of them is bad and impossible. Unless HSL wants a quick bankrupcy wish.

Olly a FEW models should be released EXCLUDING the Chaos. People are saying that they want the Express, Scam, Chaos. But they all have the same damn plate, almost the same basic design, if they release those, they would just be making the same mistake again

Mar 6, 2007Slidey

meh, I lubb my Chaos lol so I guess it wud be better if I was one of the few people who own them. I guess I already am.

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

I'll settle for no chaos. I'm more into the asides/broadsides and T-Bones getting released right now.

Mar 6, 2007Surfaced

Firstly, enough dreaming. Everyone is throwing out which models they think should be released; it was coll at first but its making me sick now.

And Renny is correct, arguably one of the things that killed HSL Soap sales was that they released a massive fleet all at one time, with all models sharing the same sole and two models being exactly the same. Every other company that has done that went bankrupt, and the only reason HSL didn't was because of their faithful Heelys providing for their mistake.

It would be a blessing for HSL to retro another model, and if they do, it will only be one.

Mar 6, 2007JeiHeirumaru

Crowbars,Scorchers,A-sides,Sylons,and Turntables for me. 'Nuff said.

Mar 6, 2007Surfaced

...what the hell man. ENOUGH.

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

I'm not dreaming, I was agreeing with Renny. I even said that every model being re released was a BAD idea.

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

I said that I DIDN'T want chaos released.

Mar 6, 2007matrix8967

let's try to convince them that people will buy the shoes, otherwise, they won't release SHIT. stop wishing, start acting.

Let's start a battle plan. If each one of us convince 2 people to BUY soaps, and then tell them to convince 2 people to BUY soaps. and keep it going. hell, why stop at two, convince AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN, and then tell them to convince 5 people or something. spread the word. hand out pamphlets. places make cheap copies. 10 bucks for a 100 copies maybe?

ergh, I've gotta go...band concert in an hour...Hand out pamphlets. do stuff.

---Alex

Mar 6, 2007RamenRadio

I'm not wishing! I've never BEEN wishing! I've been doing whatever I can do. I'm even trying to setup some kind of a demo at our school talent show. I'm also trying to get permission to make an announcement during the school announcement. I haven't been sitting, twiddling with my thumbs, praying that a pair of scorchers or something would fall from the sky. I've been soaping as much as a soaper can soap, and doing whatever I can to do otherwise.

Mar 7, 2007matrix8967

I know Ramen, I'm not saying you. This is typed in a hurry. I didn't mean to offend you. I believe you're quote was:

"I know, I'm with you all the way Alex. Just ask if you need any support, I'm your soaper"

which says "dedication mutha-fuka!" lol

I was talking to the people who ARE wishing.
We're all working hard. but we should work smarter not harder. If this falls through, I've got some more ideas. about how to really get to HSL. Renny knows what I'm talking about. (keep it a secret so we can more of an effect out of it)

ugh, i've gotta go @_@ band concert. I'm all tux-ed up man!

---Alex

Mar 7, 2007DeanSoaper

All I say, lets get our foot in the door with one model, i think it should be a full release of Express' and Ordnance, one fixed, one replaceable, and after those go well, then tell them about the popularity of the older ones. Thats just my opinion.

Mar 7, 2007DeanSoaper

Oh and to clear things up, i meant one model of both styles, I just re-read it and caught that.

Mar 7, 2007sam

I think the first shoe that we should get out for soap (even if it takes a couple years!) should be the ordnace.

Mar 7, 2007sam

HSL is already still manufacturing the express model which is good, but the 3 color schemes just arent enough for people to want to buy more.

Mar 7, 2007sam

What i meant by that, was almost all the people I know dont want to dish out another $60 for a pair of the same shoe.

Mar 7, 2007AnthoFlex

Thats actually a really good point Sam

Mar 7, 2007RamenRadio

Damn sam, i couldn't say it better myself.

Mar 7, 2007Surfaced

We were never picking on you, Alex. Don't take it personally. Just take a look at the thread; throughout it, everyone was dropping their opinion of what should/shouldn't be retroed, when thats not what we should be discussing. We'll probably never come to a consensus anyway, because we all want different things to be available again. Like I want the Groove back, but Renny disagrees. Some of you want the Chaos back, but I disagree. This isn't what is important now by any means.

Mar 7, 2007RamenRadio

Yeah, the important thing is that we work at our best to make what is reasonable for both us and HSL to make. (that and to keep soaping lol)

Mar 7, 2007matrix8967

yeah, I'm using this thread to show HSL that people WANT soaps. think, if we all bought soaps, then people around us would buy soaps. etc. If we work hard enough they CAN'T ignore us. they'll almost have full scale rioting if they ignore us. I think we all Agree on Ordnance though.

If they want Retailers to demand soaps, we should show the retailers. show them the product. tell them where to get it. give them steve's contact info. let's get retailers interested. Sunday morning I'm handing this thread over to HSL in every way I know how. I'll post the results on here. if there are no more results, I've got more ideas. We'll get results for this. they can't avoid us.

---Alex

Mar 7, 2007ordnanceflint91

i agree on ordnance but only if they will make them in all colors again. i already have the flint and the blue/grey/white ones but id love to have the asphalt or the black/white ones.

Mar 7, 2007Surfaced

please... stop... now....

stop what?

Mar 7, 2007Slidey

I agree, I would buy Ordnance if they made them in all colours again. And I know a few people who would as well

Mar 7, 2007SapAuthor

Ordnance are a sweet looking shoe, but you really should also look at Boltars, they are durable, comfertable, and they look SICK. I've seen ordnance first hand, but Boltars take the cake in comparison. And i know on solidgrind they don't look like much, but i found that picture if a smaller size so it's squished, the real ones are longer of course.

Mar 7, 2007Slidey

I have Boltars, and they are definatly a sick shoe. If they could remake the Boltars in all colours I might even buy a second pair of them.

Boltars are VERY durable, and the bars on the side WILL NOT let you down. They've performed greatly with cess slides for me.

yeah Trev is right. i have some white boltars and they are my favorite soap shoe i have. got em on now as a matter of fact

Mar 7, 2007SapAuthor

so, the soap shoes we should shoot for are the broadside (for their 50/50 plate), Boltars (replaceable plate), maybe scorchers for speed, and express for ease?

Mar 7, 2007Surfaced

lmao. fuck it, I'm done on this thread

yo surfaced wtf is ur deal? u dont like that we voice our opinions? get over it man. everybody can state their opinion. but its up to HSL what they will or will not make. so quit acting like an ass telling people to stop and saying im done with this thread. everyone is just here to have a good time. let it be

Mar 7, 2007RamenRadio

Woa, calm down surfaced. They are only opinions, they don't bite. Maybe they should have been put in another thread or something, but it's nothing to freak out about.

Mar 7, 2007AnthoFlex

in case you havent noticed, he didnt freak. He's simply saying "Lets stop dreaming, and lets start kicking ass and getting our points across."

So you guys wanna disagree with that? If you do, Team Heelys alwyas has spots open.....seriously, ALWAYS

Mar 7, 2007RamenRadio

No, I wasn't disagreeing, I just thought he was over reacting. But yeah, I guess we (meaning me as well) have been wishing and dreaming a little bit. Sorry everyone.

well im not gonna quit dreaming or wishing. with all of us wishing and dreaming, it has helped alot of us to get out and do more so that possibly these dreams may come true. you have to wish and dream to get anything started. look at Chris Morris, he had a dream and guess what? HIS DREAM CAME TRUE HENCE OUR SHOES LOL!!!!! so yeah imma keep wishing,dreaming,and supporting to make a difference cuz without dreams nothing will ever happen.

Mar 8, 2007matrix8967

yeah, I'm ready to start kicking some major ass.

start advertising soap. start spreading the word. let's not just sit here on a forum post and say "I wish this would happen" (some of you aren't. i know. but some are.)

Let's show HSL that we mean business. tell me how you feel about soap. plaster it up here.

here's what I think.

HSL has saved soap, but has left it comatose. they won't advertise for it because they are prideful and scared. they KNOW soaps will kill Heely's. they know soaps will TAKE OFF and murder heely's because as we all know...heely's aren't REAL grind shoes. I'd take some Mr. Wilsons over heely's man. Soap's are so much cooler than heely's. Heely's are like "hold on to something sturdy and be sure to wear your helmet!" and soaps are like "get some balls and do it, if you can't do it, DON'T BUY THE SHOES!"
Artemis/In-stride weren't about the money, they where about the SPORT. like replaceable plates. if a plate breaks with the retro shoes, you get some allowance and get some new plates. you don't have to spend another 70 dollars on shoes. UNLIKE HSL. they want you to buy another pair of 70 dollar shoes. Artemis/In-stride's cemented plates where placed FOR YOU TO CHOOSE FROM. not PLACED UPON YOU WITH NO CHOICE!

Soaps are about more than the action. I remember being with my best friends and having thier crowbars and scorchers and using them. Now that they're gone, I'm still doing it. when some one says "soap" in any context (even the hygiene product) I think of those Crowbars sitting in his room.

that's my take. start sharing. show HSL soap's WILL SOAR!

---Alex

Mar 8, 2007matrix8967

keep dreaming. BUT PUT ACTION BEHIND YOUR DREAMS!

Mar 8, 2007mgm

Your statements about HSL are obviously unfounded and biased. Heely's murdered soap not the other way around. If Heelys were as lame as you claim they would not be the success they are right now. Also all big companies are about money. If they weren't they would be dead almost instantly.

Mar 8, 2007matrix8967

ok, that's what mgm thinks...so far...bad start...anyone else lol?

Mar 8, 2007sam

I think we have to stop hating on heelys right about now. I mean, if we hate heelys so much than heeliers wont want to buy soaps. What I think we need to do (although I know many of us do this) is just to show people who like heelys soaps. I have done this many times and not once has a person said that "Those are gay shoes" instead they say " Those are pretty cool where can I get those." I am not saying anyone is wrong here, but I think if we show HSL we care about both companies here they might start to get a little more faith in soap.

Mar 8, 2007ordnanceflint91

mgm, what he was sayin is if soaps get the publicity they once had, soaps would murder heelys. without a doubt. i can remember back in the day when everybody had soaps and they were the most popular shoe around. if we could get some publicity for soaps again soaps would take over the "extreme shoe" scene once again

Mar 8, 2007matrix8967

no one is wrong here. mgm is right, sam is right, ordnance is right. we're all right. (it's alright)keep posting opinions.

---Alex

Mar 8, 2007sam

If you look at Derek Brooks he has set an excellent example of this. He obivously cares about soap and heelys and considering he is sponsered by heelys, and helps organize demos for them he obviously cares about the future of soaps.

Mar 8, 2007sam

The only problem with that ordnance, is that if im not mistaken soap lost some of its publicity to heelys and that is why soaps are not as popular. Please do not quote me on that beacause I forgot the whole story.

all im sayin is that if HSL would give soap a chance again they would see that soaps have their place still. i mean look at all the new generations of kids that have no idea what soaps are. it would most likely boom again if there was some publicity.

Mar 8, 2007RamenRadio

I'm kind of running out of ideas how to help out though. I'm trying to do something awesome for our school talent show, I'm planning on printing out a huge banner or something, and I'm trying to get permission to make an announcement about the soap demo in about two months. Otherwise, I'm not positive about what else to do. Anyone else have any ideas?

Mar 8, 2007sam

Soaping for a talent show? That actually sounds pretty sick! If you can impress people, and get him to buy soaps, than you are doing your job.

school is the best place to promote soap shoes...makes me wish i was young enough to be in school still

Mar 9, 2007DeanSoaper

well, so I have heard from Blakeashake, that there are some bannings in schools of heelys. Well one theory is sales will go down, so higher demand of Soaps, and second, people will keep an eye on Heeleys, and will start to see injurys and talk about the dangers. I say that that HSL will see this if it ever happens, then we can contact HSL, and ask about Soaps. Well again wishful thinking and a real stretch, but who knows.

Mar 9, 2007DeanSoaper

And i know some people see no point, but hey we all dream, so dont bash.

Mar 9, 2007matrix8967

no, by all means, dream. Einstein said Imagination was more important than Intelligence.

Mar 9, 2007SapAuthor

I read only a bit of this, cuz i'm in a time rush.

But yeah, Heely's are popular among the younger kids, a lot of kids at one point in time had a pair, even I did. Only after wearing them they realize they are uncomfertable and hard on the legs.

Seriously, we all need to stop hating on HSL, we are lucky they gave us the chance to bring back SOAPs, and who needs them to advertise (yeah it would be really nice if they did). I just want them to do the small things like get us the demo shoes and the domain rights to soapshoes.com and we can do it ourselves. WE are the new SOAP corperation, everyone of us, and we can't relay on HSL to baby us by giving us everything and going out of their way, cuz reality is, they wont.

If we want size 13 and 14, we got to convince them (and I am working with steve to do that, not with complaints, but with cold hard data on sales). For advertising we have Renny and the soapshoes myspace site, which we are working and building our own kick-butt pro quality flash application for it. As soon as HSL gets us the demo shoes, we are also doing demos, and everyone is helping by SOAPing and spreading the word and getting more sale.

February sales, compared to January sales, were up 18%! ANd march is looking promising too.

Plus, if we can keep sales up for a couple more months, we should experience a loop effect, where as the shoes start to wear (no shoe lasts forever, expeically with me), people who bought soaps before will buy them again (cuz they rock and feel good). So if we can reach the point where people are buying SOAPs to replace theirs, then we can maintain sales and continue to increase.

This continuation, as well as getting 13 and 14s, will start to show HSL that this can work. Expecially since HSL has it's market in younger kids, and ours is in older, so we are working to show them that if they promote soaps some, they can KEEP their customers who would normally stop buying Heelys by buying SOAPs, so they still make profit and keep customers nearly throughout their life. That's a lot of shoes in the long run.

I'm making charts, analyzing data, working with Renny and Steve, but seriously everyone, stop hating on HSL, it's a business, I run 2, i know what it's like, and they won't do anything htat wont' make them money, Period. If you expect them to then your a fool.

Mar 10, 2007AnthoFlex

The forum is getting loaded with crap, im bringing only the most important topics back to the top.

Mar 11, 2007matrix8967

cool. I know all that about HSL. they won't do shit unless it's for money, blah blah blah, I'm not dumb. any final words before I sail this to hsl? should I even send it to HSL?

Mar 11, 2007SapAuthor

don't yet, it only gets them even more annoyed and ignoring us.

Me and steve are working on data and plans, we'll fight fire with fire.

Mar 11, 2007matrix8967

well what can I do to help. I'm sick of just doing public relations stuff. I want to fight harder. I have to fight harder or I think of myself as a Disappointment. there has to be something more I can do. I buy soaps and give them to people. I do all I can. I want to help more. but I'm running out of ideas.

---Alex

Mar 12, 2007SonicSoaper

Maybe if we stopped ripping on Heelys. I mean, both shoe lovers should give each other a fair amount of respect. Heelys would've never been a success if they weren't rejected by Soap and Soaps wouldn't evenbe made without HSL being cool enough to make them. I'm not saying "GO BUY HEELYS!" I'm just saying we should leave the Heelers alone, seriously, they think we like Heelys because people bash Heelys vids.

Mar 12, 2007matrix8967

I don't like Heely's and ou guys are right. we shouldn't hate HSL...I'm pissed at them, but I don't hate them...erm...more on this later, teacher..

---Alex

Mar 18, 2007heelyhailey

"We just had a shoot on Friday to capture the tricks that our skaters can do at skate parks and the grinds they’re doing are the same as the grinds for Soap."
Hehe, I was at that shoot. But seriously man, heelys are in the process of useing different plates other than express plates for there shoes, all of which had been on soap models. I'm with corporate, you dont like heelys, take the wheel out and it's pretty much a pair of soaps.

Mar 18, 2007heelyhailey

"oh by the way, that was either:

Venus Yin or
Brooks Stradigary who answered those messages"

ROFL, STRADIGARY!
ok, sorry, but it's really not stradigary

Mar 18, 2007AnthoFlex

well, thats the way it sounds, and according to her, im the only one who pronounces it right, so cap it.

Mar 18, 2007SonicSoaper

?

Mar 18, 2007SonicSoaper

Xounds! There be trouble in our zasperella patch. All lads to the frontline, forth-with and poste-haste!

Mar 18, 2007SapAuthor

Guys, dont' let her panic you.

Even if HSL comes out with replacable plate models, Heelys still have uncomfertable soles, and none of us want that for our shoes. If Heelys are going replacable, if we can pump up sales quickly, maybe this will allow us to get HSL to give us another SOAP shoe model, like boltars or similar. Eitherway we aren't going to give up, right guys? We've come to far.

Mar 18, 2007SonicSoaper

Hellz yeah Trev!

Mar 18, 2007AnthoFlex

I never said i was turning back

Mar 18, 2007matrix8967

geez...if HSL gets replaceables then...well...that's just in bad taste. but oh well, soaps will always be better. sure we should "take the wheel out" but then what the fuck is the point of buying HEELYS...ick. hsl just bothers me sometimes...more later...

Mar 18, 2007AnthoFlex

I totally understand what they mean by "Just take the wheel out"

but heres my opinion....

Why am i gonna pay like $60-70 more for a wheel that im not gonna use? ; )

Mar 18, 2007SapAuthor

This much is true, Heelys run 80+ bucks, face it, there isn't much point buying Heelys if u aren't going to use the wheel, they aren't comfertable shoes. SOAPs are both comfertable so I buy them even though i don't get to soap much.

Mar 18, 2007heelyhailey

Yeah, I understand the price issue. $90 is a bit pricey for a shoe your only going to use a grindplate for i guess, how much do a pair of soap shoes cost?

Mar 18, 2007AnthoFlex

Express
Sizes 3-5 are $30.75
Sizes 6-9 are $50.75
Sizes 10-12 are $55.75

Ordnance

All sizes are $40.75

Mar 18, 2007heelyhailey

they only sell two shoes now?

Mar 18, 2007sam

No, they only sell one shoe the Express. The ordnance's are just left overs that steve had. Now you see what us soapers are so pissed about huh?

Mar 18, 2007Slidey

Well thier only making one, the Express. So HSL only sells one shoe.

But plenty of stores have other Soaps left.

I find that there would be a huge problem with Heelys for me. Seeing as I like to combine a bit of parkour when I go out soaping a dodgey, uncomfortable sole is the last thing on earth I need.

When you wall run if the shoe don't bend your screwed, and for steep/big handrails or big jumps you NEED a good sole (preferably with suspension) to make sure you land well.

Mar 18, 2007SapAuthor

Ordnance is only in size 10 that we have left, only a couple left.

Just face it though, really none of us want a wheel, nor the hard and uncomfertable sole of heelys shoes just to SOAP, nor want to pay an arm and a leg for them.

Besides if you are so intersted in getting new plates and stuff, why don't YOU buy a pair of SOAPs, you can find some nice ones on ebay if your lucky, expecailly small sizes which you look from ur display picture on myspace, should fit into.

Mar 19, 2007Mart

I can understand the 'I don't want to take the wheel out' argument; if I had a pair of Heelys I'd be likely to take the thing out as well. However, on the basis of price, if HSL were to ever dig out the old dies and plate moulds, make a run of Ordnance or Boltars or whatever and put them on the shelves, you can bet on them being much more expensive than Heelys due to the expense of making such a small run of shoes; personally, I'd love to see a lot of the old styles back, but there's no way HSL are going to start manufacturing them any time soon because, financially, the expenditure just isn't viable

I think the most productive thing at the moment would be to either replace your old Soaps with the Express model when the plates wear out; this would see an increase in sales of Soap Shoes over the grindplate-model Heelys and could help HSL to see that, when it comes to grinding, we'd much rather prefer to bust out in Soap-brand shoes than Heelys. Another possible avenue would be to push for HSL to step up R&D in making Heelys more comfortable, seeing as more people seem to take issue with that rather than the presence of the Heely over a Soap one

Mar 19, 2007AnthoFlex

I was in favor of the old styles being brought back, BUT mainly of the Broadsides...if they gave us a choice for just TWO shoes (hypethetically) they MUST be:

Scorchers----Kids wanna have Sonic's shoes

Broadsides----Quite obvious...the Slipknot plate.

As of RIIIGHT now, the Broadside (if any shoe wer being thought of to bring back) should be the FIRST shoe re-released

Mar 19, 2007SapAuthor

I would agree on this, since It may also help people not get discouraged, it's hard to balance on the two sole plates, takes a while to get used to it, but with the sole plate, it's a little bit easier cuz of more surface area, unless i'm mistaken. Plus it brings some variety, just dont' know though about the flexibility of the shoe.

Mar 19, 2007matrix8967

they should mod the scorchers...otherwise, there won't be ANY replaceable plates :( i want sonics shoes, but i want replaceable plates more.

Mar 20, 2007SonicSoaper

A little advertising for the shoes would bve good too. It's could have an air of mystery around it and focus on the shoes they would re-release.

Mar 20, 2007matrix8967

aren't we just repeating our selves. "I want these shoes, we need to advertise, come on guys, lets do something..."

Mar 20, 2007AnthoFlex

ive been advertising... Im in the school's newspaper for Soaping

Mar 21, 2007SonicSoaper

There's not one single person in our school that doesn't know what a Soap shoe is.

Mar 23, 2007heelyhailey

nah, im not concerned about getting new plates on heelys, grinding is only half the run. I know I might get flamed for this, but I just dont see a point in buying express SOaps (which is all they gots)when heelys have express plates too. I just dont wanna dish out the money when heelys have the same cababilitya and a wheel. And yeah I know the comfort issue. I'd have to agree on that one. All of the models hurt your heels except for Evolutions.Thats cuz Evos rule!

Mar 23, 2007Jard39

ud buy expresses because thier cheaper than buying heelys and because u want to keep the soap name alive

Mar 23, 2007sam

Since soaps are cheaper than they were a few years back, their is no point for me to spend 40 more bucks for a wheel im not going to use, and an uglier design.

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Heelyhailey....where do you live? Come to the NYCS demo and i'll let you use a pair of Express.....you'll see how much comfortable they can be

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

The Express are the most confortable Soapshoe in my opinion.......errr, actually the 2nd most confortable. The most comfortable Soapshoe is the Broadside....the entire inside is like a Dream pillow, or a cloud-like pillow....Its soft....very soft.... *Starts hugging Broadsides

Mar 23, 2007RamenRadio

Yeah, it's HSL's fault for ONLY having the express anyway. I'd like them to take things a lot more seriously. And I'm not very satisfied with ONLY having the express plates out. I don't have a pair of express, but I like having BBKs and slo bro plates, and I'd like more! heelyhaily, if you still have a problem with the express if you check them out at the demo, tell HSL to take us soapers seriously instead of having just one model out, and no other plates.... It's really starting to make me mad

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Yo Travis, you should get a pair of Express

Mar 23, 2007RamenRadio

I'd like a pair. I'll see how much money I have after I sell a few things :D I'd like to see what I'm missing out on lol

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

the Express are super awesome. If you end up losing those Scorchers on ebay, the Express are the next best thing

Mar 23, 2007heelyhailey

"tell HSL to take us soapers seriously instead of having just one model out"

Yeah, and how much do you think they'd take a 12 year olds opinion into consideration?

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

.....what?

what are u talking about?

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

noone here is 12....

And believe me....they MAYBE arent taking every Soaper here seriously, but they sure as hell are taking Me, Trev, and Steve EXTREMELY serious

Mar 23, 2007RamenRadio

You snooby little bastard, read my profile, it says I'm 16, unless you were referring to yourself...

And it's good that they can take you Renny, Trev and Steve seriously. And thanks Renny, I'll definitely try to get some express :D

Mar 23, 2007SonicSoaper

Time to lay a smackdown.

Mar 24, 2007Surfaced

I know I said I was done on this thread...

But no one here is twelve.

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

they're taking me serious...i talk to them all the time, and they aren't mean...i used to HATE heely's and heelers....now i think they're just mis-informed...

I GREW UP with soap...it's part of me. kids now grew up with heely's...it's like how every kid thinks thier mom is the best cook.

---ALex

Mar 24, 2007RamenRadio

Very well said Alex :D

Mar 27, 2007rhinoskater30

I see how many may like Heelys more because you get a plate and a wheel. But it's really about the name, and the history. New kids buy these new shoes (I've seen this A LOT) and they get the ones with the grind plate. I see them stumble trying to Heely and they don't even know what the grind plate is for. They just say "Mommy I want those." and they get 'em.
Kids with the plates won't even know where they came from.
Let's look at the Broadsides and A-Sides....
Can HEELYS do THAT?!!!

Mar 27, 2007mgm

They could make shoes like that with the wheels on the side like the macks.

Mar 28, 2007Surfaced

Sadly true. Only thing is, the Mack was a total failure because it looked like crap.

However, if HSL starts doing some big thinking and engineering, they could find a way to move those two wheels into the sole of the shoe, while still having a full sole plate.

Looking something like this: (W=wheel, O=plate)
REAR
_____
/ O \
|W O W|
| O |
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
| O |
| O |
\__O__/
FRONT

I pray that they never see this thread lol.

Mar 28, 2007Surfaced

ugh god damn ASCII. Well I'll make a shitty drawing then.

Mar 28, 2007Surfaced

There we are. First of the three.

http://picasaweb.google.com/vileta2/MyPictures

Mar 28, 2007Surfaced

Also, I wouldn't expect this to sell much better than the Mack.

Mar 28, 2007SonicSoaper

Hopefully it won't.

Jun 27, 2007Soaper13

I just want some scorchers because its harder than heck to find a pair. Soap shoes are awesome, but I've never tried heeleys.

Jun 27, 2007RamenRadio

Woa, you made this post exactly two months later lol

Anyway, you're definitely right soaper13. A lot of people here want scorchers and broadsides. Hell, if HSL released ANY shoe that was not the express, I'd instantly buy 5 pairs.

However, HSL cannot accept the fact that people don't like heelys anymore, yet they still want to stick to it. It's not soap what they care about, it's heelying.

Jun 27, 2007RamenRadio

You know what? I suggest we ALL send letters demanding the release of some newer models. Who's with me?!?!??!

Jun 27, 2007iwantsoapshoes

i !

Jun 27, 2007RamenRadio

THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!! LET'S ALL EMAIL HSL AND DEMAND SOAP SHOES!!!!!! BRING SOAP SHOES BACK!!!!!!

Jun 27, 2007iwantsoapshoes

is anyone else with the brothers of destruc- oh sorry, i meant is any else with us? (i have wwe on the brain)

Jun 27, 2007SapAuthor

guys, how about instead we do this, HSL is just going to delete all of them. Send the emails to me, at trevorfayas@sonicandpals.com, asking to bring back some of the models. Dont' be swearing and mean or nothing. When Steve, Renny, and I go down this fall to HSL HQ, i'll show them some of them.

Jun 28, 2007RamenRadio

I'll try to make a petition as well.

P.S. Don't forget the one Renny made

Jun 28, 2007AnthoFlex

werd

Jun 28, 2007RamenRadio

Give me some time on the petitions, but I think I'll make a thread to put all our thoughts into Trev.

Jun 29, 2007SapAuthor

Just remember tobe professional, okay? Please? If you put something that is nasty, swearing, saying "Heelys are gay this, and gay that, and your company sucks" i will not show them, becuase it will not do an ounce of good. If you wish to say say Heelsy sucks, say something like 'I, along with countless others teens my age, do not like Heelys. They were okay when we were a kid, but honestly no one would be caught with them on. SOAPs are better because they look like a normal, stylish shoe..." etc etc. be stern but not insulting.

Jun 29, 2007Megashadow77

Okay then, I'll send you one, Trey.

Jun 29, 2007RamenRadio

I didn't say that in the other thread. I was explaining about how we just don't like heelying. And it wasn't just heelying that we don't like. It's the samne darn shoe they keep on making with very little difference. And you know what? None of them have looked very nice. Not to any of us really. It's never anything different. That's why we don't like heelys. The colors of the shoes are just boring. It's just same old same old. We don't like that, we like variety.
And it's not how we do not like heelys. So what, we don't like it? That's something HSL cannot change. What they don't understand is how we don't like they way that their heelys look. They tell us that all they are doing is use it under heelys, but it's a lot more. It's the price for something we don't want, it's the style of the shoes (we don't like the style, and even though they have a new model every single quarter, IT'S THE SAME THING). We don't like that, we like style as well as soaping. That's something HSL has never gotten and I'm afraid will never get.

The point is that, under heelys our demands as the "buyer" as I'm going to call it will never be met. Under soap shoes, we at least still have the style. But I'm afraid that is going to be the same until HSL realizes that we want variety

They should stop making more heelys every single quarter and they should make more soap shoe models. Soap shoes have style. Heelys just don't.

DId that sound any better by any chance lol

Jun 30, 2007SonicSoaper

Here's something Travis didn't point out that I think needs to be brought up. Kids get older. When they do, they start to think stuff is stupid. Heelys can be classified under one of those things. Older kids think Heelys are a little kids toy and marketing them towards the older set won't help sales. Making advertiing campaigns with metal as the music and a deep voiced "rock meister" won't make the shoes any better. Give kids what they want, which apparently isn't Heelys coming out the wazoo. Gee, who would've thought that people would get tired of rolling around on their heels?

Jun 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

look guys heely is dangerous, but grinding with soaps isnt always safe either......
Basically:
Soaps are dangerous........when using them uncarefully

and

Heelys are dangerous.......even when not using them

hell i mean when walking with heelys u dont know wat could happen, and when walking most people take a new step by first planting on their heel, and wats in the heel of a heely? a wheel in which u'll always step on

Jun 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

so in all heelys are more dangerous

Jun 30, 2007Megashadow77

Eh, I'd say they're more dangerous in daily life, but, Heelying VS Soaping?

Soaping is much more dangerous.....

Jun 30, 2007Megashadow77

And a lot of people are gonna day, "But megashadow! You could roll out in front of a car!"

Well, if you know what your doing, you won't do that. But, you could be an Expert Soaper, and screw up on a handrail, and break your tailbone.

Jun 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

tru tru, i still cant do a stair rail..........sad *cries*

Jun 30, 2007Megashadow77

tis all good, I'm afraid to try a big handrail.

Jun 30, 2007Megashadow77

and by big, I mean real.....and stair rails make me wet myself.

Jun 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

me to, theres so many rails inside my school and i chickend out wen i tryed to do it

Jun 30, 2007matrix8967

i was soaping, i was tired, and i jumped and almost broke my tail bone on this rail...

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/?action=view¤t=CIMG0637.jpg

i landed on it funny, and i was leaned more back instead of in the middle and my feet went from under me and i moved in just enough time to save my reproductive organs from being smeared on the rail...one leg went left, the other right, and i almost lost me boys! but i shifted and took the tail-bone instead...my ass looked like johnny knoxvilles legs from jackass 2 when he was mauled by the bull...@_@

Jun 30, 2007Megashadow77

your pic isn't working.

Jun 30, 2007Page645

heelys w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 30, 2007Page645

heelys all the way!!!!!!

Jul 1, 2007SonicSoaper

All the way up your ass.

Jul 1, 2007Megashadow77

XD

Jul 1, 2007RamenRadio

Oh, so that's the sort of things Ozzy likes to do? Interesting, I should get a molester to help him out with that
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Handicapped Soaping at the Post Office
Herr Blunt hittin a Frontside
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at Wash U
Alexei Tajzler of DEOS hittin another Alley-Opp CG in Greenville, Delaware
Brennan hittin a Backside