Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Royal I did. :]
Mar 4, 2007 by DarkVermillion

This is the same rail I did the UFO on, it's just so...Smooth! It fits my plates like a dream. xD

This is the original version
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5448/royalaf9.jpg

This is my edited version
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9203/royalug3.png
Replies

Mar 4, 2007Slidey

Thats cool. I can't do Royales, well I can but they look retarded lol.
Like in this pic http://www.freewebs.com/bobidy/SS/Tesco%20rail%20Royale%20big.jpg

Mar 4, 2007DarkVermillion

My Farfs and Royals look goofy too. xD I twist my arm up for some reason. XD

Mar 4, 2007Slidey

Thing is my farfs look fine lol
http://www.freewebs.com/bobidy/SS/Tesco%20Farf%20big.jpg
maybe its because I find farfs easier

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

Dude, you dunt have to make posts for every trick you do. Just upload em to your SSS page and let everyone know in ONE forum post

Mar 5, 2007Rynasty

Slidey you might be doing your royales switch on accident... Try it with your right foot in back instead. (I'm only saying this because you say that farfs are easier for you, and they do look better for you, but you're using your right foot for farfs and your left for royales).

Mar 5, 2007Surfaced

Your Farfs and Royales look strange probably because they are being performed incorrectly. It's not about tweaking the ankles, its about tweaking the knees. ...You can bend the ankles also if you want, but it's the knees that matter.

I remember when I first realized that... it opened up a whole new world of style, form, speed... and pain.

Mar 5, 2007Slidey

I bend my knees enough for the farf... (or at least I try) but the royale I just cant seem to get the hang of it. As for doing them in switch, I've got used to it now, and switch frontside is really hard for me.

Mar 5, 2007AnthoFlex

My Royales have gotten more tweak since my last Royale pic. I personally cant do farfs that well....sumthing i do brings my grind to a complete stop and i fall forward

Mar 5, 2007SonicSoaper

I can Farf, just not that well. As far as Royales, I try to turn my hip to get extra tweak but I can't tweak as much as Royale Masters Renny and Mart.

Mar 6, 2007Rynasty

Royales can only be done correctly in soaps when you have a DEEP groove worked in, that way you can put all your weight on your back foot and get down low. Farfs though, with that deep groove you can stick and fly forward.

By the way, Renny's royales aren't very good. Mart knows how it's done though.

Mar 6, 2007Rynasty

Not trying to hate, just saying that standing straight up and bending your ankles isn't a royale. It's called a shifty.

Mar 6, 2007AnthoFlex

oh shut it Ryan, my Royales are just fine, you and Mart have been Soaping for 5x longer than i have, so don't brag

Mar 6, 2007AnthoFlex

you know what? Fuck everybody on this site. For real, im so tired of everyones shit. Hating on my style, what little style i have i try to make the best of it. Im not the best fucking Soaper in the world, i know that. There are tons of people who are better than me.

But i'll tell all the little fuckers out there that love to hate on me this....... and i say it proudly with a big grin...

I do the MOST shit for Soapshoes, and my efforts this past year (along with the revivers) have brought Soap back to the way it is. Hate on that, how about that? Hehe, don't fuck with me

Mar 6, 2007DeanSoaper

i have to give cred to you Renny, you are a sick soaper from the stuff ive seen of you, and you do alot if not the most work on here and anywhere else.

Mar 6, 2007AnthoFlex

thanx Dean, but my anger is out, and imma set everything straight right now....

Sorry for saying fuck everybody, sorry to Ryan, and sorry for the pissed off comment...

But i still stand by the bolded part

Mar 6, 2007DeanSoaper

Yea, I think everybody has those days where they get sick of shit and have to blow of steam, I know I have, and I have set that all aside, but keep up the good work.

Mar 6, 2007AnthoFlex

thanx

Mar 6, 2007DeanSoaper

np

Mar 7, 2007Rynasty

Damn, learn to take some criticism without blowing up over the internet. And how was I bragging? I didn't say anything about my own royales... I'm just trying to let people know (because most don't) that a lot of tricks in soaps simply cannot be done correctly without the right grooves in your plates, but most people are too worried about keeping their shoes "clean" to really try anything technical. I had to figure it out on my own (before I even skated) and it was a bitch. Now you know.

Mar 7, 2007AnthoFlex

i already said sorry before, but w.e

and in response to keeping my shoes "clean"

i say fuck that! haha, my shoes NEEEEEEED grooves

1. They get you that lock-in you need
2. They make it easier to get on the brake bar.

Mar 7, 2007kobansora

Can i see a pic of your shoes so I can see your grooves please?

~JJ

Mar 8, 2007AnthoFlex

why?

Mar 8, 2007sam

There was already a topic for plates. I belive it was called "what do your worst plates look like" or something like that.

Mar 9, 2007AnthoFlex

My Express have soo much more groovage (you know what i mean, shut it) than they do since that pic. Now my express have perfect lockin

The grooves run straight into the brake bars, so you know imma be good to go

Mar 9, 2007kobansora

I'll continue my plates thing in here instead of the plates thread lol

So if they run into the brake bar.... Can you still do tweaked grinds? That's what I'm afraid I wont' be able to do.

My Boltar plates have one side of the plate completely grooved into the brake bar already (From UFOs and Royales on curbs and ledges), and the other side has a lot more to go. This kinda made it flat and made me slip and rack myself last week :c I think I'll try continuing to grind it on actual rails to get that "natural" groove.

My Sylons are rails only b/c they're been grooved a bit so the V part is almost gone and wearing in, but it's also becoming kind of flat :c

I'll hit more rails to get the groove down if you say so haha.
~JJ

Mar 9, 2007sam

No, you want a groove! One of the main points of getting a groove is so you can do tweaked tricks in the first place.

Mar 9, 2007AnthoFlex

When it goes into the brake bar (or actual shoe) you can get a lot more tweak without having to shit your pants. Also, it makes for GREAT speed control

Mar 9, 2007Soopahsonic

N0ice, Slidey. I do the same... but no like that.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale down the S rail at Wash U
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Yassir playing on the playground
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farfegnugen
Handicapped Soaping at the Post Office