Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
hand rails
Oct 19, 2003 by soapking

i've had my soaps for about 6 months now and im just now really thinking of trying a handrail, any tips? also,do you think i should atempt it backside or frontside first....backside sounds logical to me,u?
Replies

Oct 19, 2003Benji

Heres a tip, stop asking stupid questions.

Oct 19, 2003Smokey

If somehow you're better at backside... Then go for it.

Oct 19, 2003Floptastic

you should go to your local skatepark on an offish day, so not many people are around to laugh at you, and practice there, they usually have low rails down 5's or 6's. then get comfortable doing it, then hit up real rails.

Oct 19, 2003mike

If you talking about handicap rails just jump and do it, its real easy and if you fuck up normally you wont hurt yourself too bad. If its a vert rail do whatever you are better at, and make sure you can get enough height.

Oct 19, 2003GreenBeret

yea uh going to a skatepark. bad idea. thats for fags. im sorry but if you goto a skate park to soap u need to die. thats so retarded. all u gotta do is jump and lock on. thats it. hand rails arent all that hard. its more of confidence then anything.

Oct 19, 2003Benji

Green, if he is a noob and doesn't have a practice rail it is probably the best thing he can do. Well actually he should bulid a P.R.

Oct 19, 2003soapking

WELL ACTUALLY I DO HAVE A PRACTICE RAIL (ITS ABOUT 1 FT. HIGH )....AND I CAN DO STUFF LIKE CHEESE GRATERS AND UNITIES.) AND I'VE DONE BENCHES AND SOME HANDYCAP-LIKE RAILS (BIKE RACK, BUT IM TALKIN ABOUT GOIN DOWN STAIRS AND stuff like that.

Oct 19, 2003Mart

How about turning the fucking caps lock off first? Maybe people will start taking you seriously

And dude, wtf? You wanna try backsiding a vert rail on your first try when you're asking us for advice cause you're too chickenshit?

Oct 20, 2003soapking

yea thanks for all your help ....mart u douche bag

Oct 20, 2003Mart

Holy crap, you called me a douche bag, *slits wrists*

Oct 22, 2003aaron

i had my soaps for 1 month, and at the time i ddint skateboard or inline or otherwise have any experience with grinding... also at the time i didnt have a practice rail... and i frontsided a 7stair drop rail as my first rail.... the trick is called 'stop taking a handrail so seriously and JUST DO IT", its easy.... when i was just starting me, neil and charlie (FootSurfer, remember) would all walk home frm school and cut through a ballpark, and we'd frontside benches, and then we saw the 7stair rails and went and frontsided them... well actually, neil and charlie backsided the drop rail on the otherside of the park because they found backside easier....................... moral of the story is, grind either frontside or backside, and don't spend all day thinking about it and/or taking it seriously, afterall its just a pair of soap shoes, a small part of a small world, you can spend your life being a pansy, so do it (PS. once you frontside/backside a rail once other tricks should come easy as long as you keep up with the no-pansy rule... a week after frontsiding i could fastslide, backside, cheesegrater and royale... and UFO but its lame... simply dont spend all day stuck on thinking about it, and be fast, run to the top of the stair set, turn around, and without stopping enough to think start walking/running and jump right away... do it all at once nice and fluid so you dont even have time to analyse the rail or spend too much time thinking about it).... sorry for babling but it'll help....

Oct 22, 2003Mart

Seriosuly Aaron, if you were doing that after one month, why was none of it in the video you did?

Oct 22, 2003Smokey

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Oct 22, 2003Greg

beucase you eyese could take it, theyd explode!

Oct 23, 2003aaron

i think i frontfull torqued that rail in the video.... and all the royales and cheesegraters were in video clips on the footsurfer site... every single trick i mentioned there were either in the video or on the site in either clip or picture form.... and i know that neil and charlies clips were out long before you knew what a pair of soapshoes were, so stop your whining

Oct 23, 2003aaron

PS: I didn't own a video camera when i started soaping, and even after i had a video camera i didnt own a capture card till a while after that

Oct 23, 2003aaron

hahaa, i just proved both you wrong, i just slapped you both in the face WITH MY WEINER, now bend over while this old man shoves it in your brown

Oct 23, 2003aaron

PS: Look up the newspost that came with that video... and look at some of the posts from before it... remember how people were like "do you have any video of yourself" and i was like "nah, but i can probably make a shitty edit in a week" and so i did, and it was real shitty and i wasnt even gonna put in on the internet but people told me to so i was like "okay, but its shitty cause we did it all in a week (actually most of the soaping was from one day on a session with a guy who had never soaped before)" and when the video came out i was my harshest critic, some fools were actually saying it was good but i corrected them by explaining how shitty it was... look it up kids... haha, you just got fishhooked again boys! WEINER IN FACE

Oct 23, 2003Benji

seems like aaron has an obsession with the penis

Oct 23, 2003Mart

Don't do that when I'm talking Aaron, I don't want your semen in my mouth

Oct 25, 2003aaron

seems like benji has an obsession with the shitty 'n' witty comebacks

Oct 25, 2003Greg

you kids are stupid sheep. youve followed aaron and i into the "being a dick to everything" portion (which you gave us ish for). watch this, well start being nice and helping new kids, and slowly but surely youll come around too, then we'll shift gears again and eventually so will you. you may not believe me buts its true. you are on the inside looking out and you dont get it.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Anthony Soto hittin a Frontside
Ryan Dawes hittin a Frontside on a big ol kinked rail.
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo on the new Broadsides
Daylon Smith with a frontside in Iowa City