Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
I love how stupid this video is...
Mar 23, 2007 by AnthoFlex

THE HEELYS HOW-TO VIDEO

i remember seeing this on a TV in the mall one day... its extremely stupid... They sound like they are making a video for Sesame Street or sumthing. They are talking like the people from Full House...very wierdly happy...

http://www.youtube.com/v/xMkFB3b8F7M">http://www.youtube.com/v/xMkFB3b8F7M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Give me a few weeks to make a Soap-How To... it will be much more "Real"

i especially love the clip at 3:54, its shows that Grinding should be left to the pros...the pros meaning us Soapers
Replies

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

My favorite clip is at 3:54, or 1:23 *depending on what settings you have for youtube videos

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

and the idiot who tried to Grind on the fountain

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

"You can grab some air, jump and Grind, trick it out, or just hang" .........what?

I hate how us Soapers dunt get any credit for these rolling retards having Grindplates.

Mar 23, 2007broox

actually, the asian kid in the red shirt who grinds rails in that video is joey barbera of relate videos.

Mar 23, 2007kobansora

You're all about fountain grinding O.o (Sarcasm)

lol if you guys get what I'm trying to do.

That was cheesey as fuck. I want some Heelys and I want to tear them up the uncheesy way...

~JJ

Mar 23, 2007broox

yeah, that video is straight cheese. i think they made a new howto video that's better.. but i don't think there's as much grinding or anything.

Mar 23, 2007Slidey

Man, a 5 minute long how to video? Were they trying to bore us to death?!?

Oh I know, this was meant for little kids under the age of 5

Mar 23, 2007Surfaced

"Heel Responsibly"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mar 23, 2007kobansora

Hm... They had grinders in it that were not 5 so I thikn this was meant for everybody.

The only COOL Heelys video I've seen is the Heelys Japan Demo. It's on my Zune right now :P You should all check it out. Those guys pull off frontslides and switches like they're nothing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gNL9Bp5NOI

~JJ

Mar 23, 2007kobansora

Wait we can use HTML right?

http://www.youtube.com/v/5gNL9Bp5NOI">http://www.youtube.com/v/5gNL9Bp5NOI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

~JJ

Mar 23, 2007Surfaced

god damn Heelys... those should've been Soap shoes.

Mar 23, 2007kobansora

Heelys are fugly as hell, but I still think that video was cool haha. But yeah, if those guys used Soaps it would've boosted the Soap popularity by a lot. I wanted Heelys because of this video, until I found out what Soaps were :P

~JJ

Mar 23, 2007RamenRadio

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! EVIL!!!!!! EVIL!!!!!

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!!!

Mar 23, 2007Slidey

You know, the're still not hitting royales/farfs on them handrails

If they had handrails like that where I live I would be a pro by now

Them Heeliers aren't THAT good, I could do practically every grind in that video -.-;
and... Where's the street handrails??

Mar 23, 2007Slidey

*Street stair rails

They also seemed to do hardly any heeling compared to grinding, I bet if they knew what Soaps were they would have bought them

Mar 23, 2007RamenRadio

*shivers*
I still don't like the video lol....

Mar 23, 2007kobansora

I still like their fast slides and stuff lol.

~JJ

Mar 23, 2007sam

"Heel responsibly" What the fuck is up with that? They should come up with something creative like what soap did "have fun or get hurt real bad"

Mar 23, 2007SonicSoaper

Oh man, what a load of crap. What's next? "Heelys! The shoe with the only rule, to have fun! Hur hur, winners don't use drugs!" Okay, the winners don't use drugs part is the only thing cools about what I just posted.

Mar 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Joey Barbera Heelys? please......

Mar 24, 2007AnthoFlex

Rob Santos mentioned sumthing about an old Soaper being on Team Heelys.....

I hope it really isnt Joey Barbera.... why the hell would a Team Relate member (the BEST Soapers around) degrade to Heelys?

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

dude, don't make a soap how to...it'll be bad...part of the old soap was just do it, or get hurt trying. it's part of it. old soap was like "get some balls and do it, or don't buy those shoes, we're about the sport." and HSL is like "hold on to a friend, or something sturdy" (i was telling people about this today...) i help people soap, but it's all in the person. if they can't do it...then they'll learn...i uno...i guess you can make a vid...i just don't know how well it will go...

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007mgm

I don't really care what company makes grind shoes just as long as they are around. By showing a lot of grinding in this video they draw more attention to the activity. This could lead to more companies making grind shoes. I would personally like to see more companies make grind shoes. There would most likely be more inovation in the industry because the companies would be trying to out do each other.

Mar 24, 2007broox

wtf. are you calling me a liar? it is joey barbera. joey did work for hsl helping to design the plates on the grails. he also helped with the plate you know and love - the express grindplate.

Mar 24, 2007broox

and thank you, mgm. great comment. i love soap as much as all yall, but in the end, it is just about fun. whoever is making shoes with grind plates, i'll use them. however, for now, the least i can do is support the company that owns soap.

heelys are fun shoes. and all the heelys with grindplates are sporting the same exact grindplates that are on all the new school soaps.

for the record, most of the relate guys HAVE tried heelys. seen oNe? there are parts where they're riding heelys. bryndon rocked some heelys at times. he told me they were a little weird, but he also said they were fun. why? cause some dudes aren't "too good" for things.

peeps like myself, the new heelys guys, and especially the relate guys are just out to have a good time. none of us were hating. and as a soaper you should be used to this by now. skaters hate on soapers, right? and we get mad about it, right? now, how are you gonna be a hypocrite and hate on someone cause they're heeling?

that's just my 2 pennies...

Mar 24, 2007AnthoFlex

Brooxie, calm the fuck down....I heard it from Rob Santos as well. It was just a little hard to get that through my head...

And for the record dude, i HAVE seen oNe, and tWo...

Those were not fucking heelys dude, the slobro plate and the damn "O" was perfectly visible. They were Soaps with wheels... not Heelys. Which is weird but w.e, not my problem...

But you know what? Im supporting Soapshoes....the day that Soap and Heelys are at the same level again as they once were, THAT'S when i'll support both.

I can see where you are coming from though. "Whatever is doing the grindplate thing, i'll participate in"....thats all good...For YOU and MGM maybe.

But for me.....theres a job that needs to be done, and im not resting until i win this fight and the good name is back alive. And when THAT happens, YOU have my word, I'll support Heelys and Soap

Anything else Brooxie?

Mar 24, 2007RamenRadio

AnthoFlex, best fucking reply on this thread. I just gotta applaud to that :D

Mar 24, 2007AnthoFlex

....ummm, ok....?

Mar 24, 2007RamenRadio

lol, I guess that was a little much....
...yeah, I should stop now....

Mar 24, 2007kobansora

W/e lol.

~JJ

Mar 24, 2007Mart

Dude, whether you were joking or not, I think telling Derek to calm down when he's a much greater authority than you are on this subject is a little unwarranted

How do you think Heelys came about? Why on earth with there be a pair of Soaps with a wheel in the heel? Derek's point about hating on Heelys is very valid; we all bitch and moan when skaters take the piss out of us for Soaping, so why do the same to people who Heel? And the end of the day, we're all grinders; what does it matter what goddamn shoes we're wearing? A grind on shoes is a grind on shoes, end of. It's like trying to degrade an awesome shot a basketball player makes just for wearing Reeboks when you're an Air Jordan nut. Brand loyalty is fine, just don't let it cloud your judgement

I find it ironic that you tell people to calm down all the time when you're the only one who uses bold text to emphasise your point. I'm not hating or trying to start something here, so telling me to calm down will be a little inappropriate. I just think you need to learn when to settle dude, that's all

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

I don't hate heelers. I dont hate heelys (anymore). I just prefer soap. i've said it 100 times. I grew up with soap. Soap is the original. they have original fire. alot of us feel like HSL is suppressing soap and we don't like to see that happen.
say you have a friend you've grown up with your whole life. the friend gets really sick and has to go to a hospital. and at that hospital, they treat him like shit. not giving s(he) the attention they deserve when what you view as less sick patients get more attention.

I know soap isn't a cancer patient. I'm not trying to take it out of context, just RELATE to it. ;)

I won't buy heelys. I'll buy soaps. I don't wanna roll. I wanna grind. If i want wheels, i'll go for roller blades. that's my 2 cents.

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

I also forgot to mention soaps sense of humor in their products...Soap was more about the sport. especially since the cemented plates where placed for you to choose from and not placed upon you with no choice. you could choose if you wanted cemented plates back then. now there's not choice.

I got my Soap shirt in the mail the other day, and I glanced at the tag and it says "FOR BEST USE: WASH WARM, DRY LOW, DON'T BLEED, GRIND FAST."

soap kinda had the "get some balls and do it attitude" heelys...well...just watch the above video...

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007AnthoFlex

In response to Mart

I dunno about "Higher" authority because i thought we were all equal here, but you know what? Fine, my bad then, No hard feelings, i dunt wanna start nothing either...

But as for the Soapshoe with the wheel in it, i still stand by that... i have my two reasons and one of them is a SUPER SOLID source...but i have no authority to say what that source is...(although i have told a few people)

So heres reason #1:

http://www.myspace.com/Soapshoes" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/AnthoFlex/Soap%20Shoes/holiday007_0002.jpg" border="0" alt="Soapshoe with a Wheel">

You cannot deny that dude....

and as for the sk8rs who try to piss on us....Im a sk8r as well, and imma tell you this...any sk8r who hates on Soapshoes is a poser, because they know the two sports are sick as fuck...So anyone here on solidgrind should not get pissed when a sk8r tries to give you shit....fucking h8rs, gives us sk8r a bad look....

Mar 24, 2007AnthoFlex

In response to Alex (Matrix)

I dunt hate Heelys either (although it very much seems like it) i have GREAT respect for the rolling trick that they can do, but i think Surfaced, and a few other people will agree that we hate on Heelys because of how HSL bought Soap (JUST for the grindplate rights), and gave it STRAIGHT to Heelys, without ANY credit to Soap....Its not our fault they have bad taste in what designs they wanted to do...and now we are paying the price....right here....right now....

also, Matrix is right with the whole attitude that Soap used to have....it was cool, it was REAL. The Relate crew kept EVERYTHING real.

But now what is our shoe descriptions?

Express
Leather and Mesh Upper
'SST' Soap Shock-absorbing Technology
PU Midsole ~ Removable PU Sock Liner

......?

Who the fuck cares? anyone wanna see the OLD descriptions of all the old Soapshoes?

http://www.darconet.com/images/Soap/Soapshoes1997To2002.PNG">Right Click, Save Target As Here for the PNG of all the old Soap descriptions, as well as their pix

Mar 24, 2007kobansora

The Turntables actually look pretty good in that..

And as for the descriptions... haha they're so random.

~JJ

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

I agree. I wasn't trying to argue or anything. where you rebutting or agreeing? (there's no tone of voice on the web, so i have to be blunt about my stupidity)

anyway, antho is right...and i agree, regardless of whether he was deisagreeing with me or not...he's a much better internet communicator than I am...

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007Slidey

Personally, I don't mind Heelys any more.
I've grown to deal with them, thier everywhere... so what?

It's just people having fun and in my opinion, if I get to grind I don't care about anything else.

Mar 24, 2007sam

Yeah, slidey that was well put. I dont care who makes soaps, I will support soaps no matter what as long as I get to use them.

Mar 24, 2007AnthoFlex

dude, of COURSE i was agreeing with you. Even thoough the Artemis shoes descriptions are kinda cheesy, they are still WAAAY fun to read.

But "PU sockliner, SSD Shock absorbing shit?"

Noone cares, i remember the Soap Groove had a "Fun" description....but you know HSL, they couldnt make it cool....

And if you look on the Ordnance description, it says "SHIT" somewhere....HSL would never do that, its not "Professional Looking"

Thats why they didnt re-instate the Relate crew. They were too real for them

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

yeah, i figured you where, but i've thought that people where agreeing with me and it was a big mis-understanding...

anyway, yeah, hsl...psh, panzy bottom nancy boys...

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007broox

ok, this renny arguing everyone thing is getting really tired. i'm thinking about taking away bold font and caps, haha.

but anyway, just to clear a couple things up. the inventor of heelys went to soap way back in the day (before they were heelys) and said, "yo, i've got this idea, we could put wheels in shoes... we should team up." so soap was like, alright show me what you got, and they sent a handful of soaps back with roger adams. the heelys peeps put wheels in the shoes and gave them back to soap to try out. yes, they were physical soap shoes. but they had wheels in the heels, assembled by the heelys peeps. call them what you want... but they are still heelys of a sort.

long story - short, soap declined the deal, heelys was founded, became millionaires, and they then bought soap after artemis died and instride went bankrupt.

as for the point about hsl buying soap for the plates, you are right - but not in the negative way you portray. the grails were produced before hsl bought soap, so you can't really say they bought them so they could put a grindplate in their shoes.

at the time of the grails, soap was dying fast. you think soap is bad now? it was worse then - way worse. a new soap shoe hadn't been made for almost 2 years.

so anyway, i spoke with the ceo of hsl a lot that summer. he sent me sample grails, etc. i tried the grails, fell a lot, really didn't like them but i said, "you know what, it's either this, or soap dies, literally." i remember the phone conversation like it was yesterday, mike was asking me what i thought of the grails, i critiqued them. then he asked me, "do you think there's a future in grinding with shoes?" i obviously said, "hell yes" and backed up my reasoning. it was a long conversation of me selling the soap name. but he also asked me, "do you think we should buy soap shoes?" i said again, "hell yes"

if it wasn't for hsl jumping in, there's a good chance soap would be 100% dead right now. the only shoes you could get would be $350 on ebay - or maybe even $20 because no one would know what they are, ha.

so yes, i agree that they are shunning the soap scene and i hate that as much as anyone. but they are keeping it alive for the time being. not healthily alive, but alive.

would you rather another sport shoe manufacturer (like instride) come in and buy soap and completely stop manufacturing shoes?

and i know, we're in a slump again with no new models. but that's more of the history lesson.

Mar 25, 2007AnthoFlex

NO!! i need my Bolds and Caps!! You heartless... lol

Mar 25, 2007AnthoFlex

yea, dude, good point....ma bad...

Wow, that really opens ur eyes doesnt it?

iight then, no more hate....

Now its to support Soapshoes without hating

Mar 25, 2007Mart

I never disputed that there existed pairs of Soaps with wheels in, although reading back on what I said it certainly sounds like I did. I don't remember that screencap but I do remember the shots Bryndon shot of him rolling around in a mall somewhere filming girls, haha

Your change of stance on this issue after Derek's post is exactly what I meant about him being a higher authority than you on this subject; he's been inside the machine that runs Soap. He knows more about the business than any of us. Back in the day, the chain basically went Soap -> Relate -> Derek -> everyone else. I know you've been doing alot over the past few months to help Soap dude, but Derek's been doing this for the best part of seven or eight years, so I wouldn't argue anything he says because you'd be wrong, basically

And actually, it's time to support grind shoes, not just Soaps ;)

Mar 25, 2007AnthoFlex

....I'll support Grindshoes when the good name is back where it needs to be

Mar 25, 2007AnthoFlex

Yea, the screencap you see there is from Holiday....i barely caught it

Mar 25, 2007matrix8967

yes...derek, you sir, get a power fist, here ya go...

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/powerfist.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">

---Alex

Mar 25, 2007AnthoFlex

that looks like a Black power fist

Mar 25, 2007Surfaced

fight the power.

lmao

Mar 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Woah! Are we at A Public Enemy concert with that fist? XD

Mar 25, 2007RamenRadio

wow, windows sucks... I can view the fist on my ibook, but not a PC? the wonders of windows XD

Mar 25, 2007RamenRadio

There we go... Good windows, I knew you could work sometimes...

Mar 25, 2007matrix8967

windows is like that stotchy mom that always holds her kids hand and make them paper sack lunches...mac and linux are like that cool mom down the road that lets her kids do what they want.

---Alex

Mar 25, 2007Mart

Windows is like a mum that cares about her child, and MacOS and Linux are bad parents who let their kids run wild? Terrible analogy; if anything, it'd be the other way round

Mar 25, 2007matrix8967

no, not like not care, i mean like...they don't hold their kids hands their whole lives...like...Windows is like "are you sure you want to do this? are you positive? or you aboslutely sure?" and mac/linux are like "are you sure? k, ur choice"
not like they don't care, it's just windows is usually the primary OS for people who need to be walked step by step and Linux and MacOS assume you already know enough to operate them. more linux in that case though...

ur right, it's just a bad analogy...i'm good at communicating in person, i use alot of tone of voice when I speak...my internet communication skills suck though...

---Alex

Mar 26, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeeeeah. I've been able to see that fist all day. Good Windows, you deserve a cookie.

Mar 26, 2007RamenRadio

Jesus Mart, thank you! lol

*throws cookies in the river*

Bad AJ! NO BRISK FOR YOU!

Mar 26, 2007AnthoFlex

You EOB kids and your Brisk.....

Mar 26, 2007SonicSoaper

I'm not even going to attempt to start something but I will say this, if not for me the E.O.B. Soapers wouldn't even know what Brisk is.

Mar 26, 2007RamenRadio

nah, AJ is the one with the REAL Brisk addiction XD

Mar 26, 2007RamenRadio

And yes AJ, I did know about brisk before I found out about your addiction lol

Mar 26, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah, but you didn't drink it as much. Remember last night?

Mar 26, 2007AnthoFlex

tsk tsk.....getting drunk of Brisk ice tea again.........

Mar 27, 2007SonicSoaper

That DID happen.

Mar 27, 2007AnthoFlex

Of course it did.....

getting drunk with an alcohol-less drink

Mar 27, 2007matrix8967

actually, it can sorta happen. we learned about it in sociology. Sociologists will throw a party and serve non-alcoholic beer and tell everyone it's alcoholic beer, and they all ACT drunk, and wasted and stuff, but when they say "it's non alcoholic..." everyone is like "now i feel like an ass..." so if they thought they where drunk...they where just acting, but you get the idea.

---Alex

Mar 27, 2007Surfaced

Strange how that works....

Mar 28, 2007SonicSoaper

But it wasn't so much that I was drunk. I guess seeing all the drunks made me stupid and well.....ask Kurt or Travis the rest of the story.

Mar 29, 2007Slider388

I'm more disturbed by the video than by the heelys. "Lets show this one more time"because we're such faggots that actually think what we're doing is cool and helpful. They were smiling so gayly that it seems like they were on a date after being high by sniffing glue and where trying to explain to each other how to use heelys while forgetting that there was a camera filming them.

Mar 29, 2007RamenRadio

lol well said slider 388

Mar 29, 2007Slider388

lol i'm tired man

Mar 31, 2007Mart

Dude, what? I'm sure there are an awful lot of people that think all of us are 'such faggots that actually think what we're doing is cool' when we Soap

I wish the majority of people on here would stop being so intolerant when Heelys are concerned. Non-grindplate Heelys shouldn't really be a topic of conversation on this site anyway as they bear no relation to the activity that this site is geared towards; grinding. If you want to rag on Heelys all day long, don't come here and complain when a bunch of inliners or skateboarders rip the shit out of you for doing something that they consider to be weak; doing that would be the absolute height of hypocrisy and make you look like a right twat

Mar 31, 2007AnthoFlex

Thank you for pointing that out.

And besides, i think Heeling (rolling trick-wise) is cool. But Grinding Heelys is just ehhh to me

Feb 10, 2008RamenRadio

XD

I remember this thread.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

I HATE this vid.....I saw it when I got my evos and was like "wtf?"

They make it sound so corny, and go WAY overboard with the whole safety thing.......that's why they have the "kiddie" image. Fortunately, the ppl at soap actually cared about their reputation.

Feb 10, 2008AnthoFlex

They didn't care what other people thought. The original soap people at artemis innovations were THE MOST down-to-earth dudes in the world.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

So how is it that HSL makes heelys look completely dorky, and the inventors of soap shoes made soaping seem so awesome?

Feb 10, 2008AnthoFlex

Because (no offense to HSL) HSL are just people in suits

The people at Soap were business people, but they never forgot where they came from. They liked to have fun, party, and hang with friends. And Soap....jesus did they love to soap. They all wore soaps. Imagine that...business suit and...Boltars (Chris) and everyone else wearing soaps.

People at HSL....regular duck shoes, lmao

Feb 10, 2008Kain

yeah....lol

A lot of the ppl at HSL don't use heelys....actually....I think Merlyn is the only one. They just care about business, they have no clue what's "cool" or in style, that's why they fucked up the advertising/design of heelys by making everything look and sound corny. I mean, their commercials are all "OMG LOOK, THERE'S A WHEEL IN YOUR HEEL, YOU CAN WALK, RUN, AND ROLL!!! THIS IS THE MOST REVOLUTIONARY IDEA EVER!!!!". Soap was created by cool ppl, therefore they made the shoes look cool. Instead of being like HSL, they were just like "Hey, check it out, we have a shoe that can grind". Besides that, they didn't go so overboard on safety....it's like....nobody but the ppl's moms care about that, yet they stress it SO MUCH...

Feb 10, 2008Soapdreamer

Media and its effects are really weird.
Soaps advertized something that you can do casually and anywhere but you get many hardcore soapers.
Then heelys tries to make their thing some new sport and what results are MOST of the people are very casual and almost embarrassed to wear them after a few months.

Plus Soaping is more of a struggling idea with dedicated people while heelys is a very corparate fad company(in peoples minds and before whatever happened with this CEO switch).
Teens hate fads and they like feeling like they are doing something they can be part of.

Feb 10, 2008Soapdreamer

Oh and also there is the kids side of the advertizing. The how-to is inconsistent with what they are doing to make it a cool sport.

Notice at the part where it says "this is how not to stop" It seems like they are making fun of the older and more skilled heelers by making them look stupid.
WTF

Feb 10, 2008Kain

Actually, heelys was made to be a casual form of transportation. ppl like Merlyn pushed it to a level it was never meant to get to, and it's still improving. HSL has never tried to make heelys an extreme sport, only the ppl that use heelys like me.

We are dedicated ppl struggling to change the image of heelys, whether HSL is a corporate fad or not.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

And the "this is how not to stop" part, they just put bails in there b/c it's funny.

Feb 10, 2008Soapdreamer

Notice there are no beginning heelers in the bails and more older skilled heelers doing tricks falling its like "Lol these pro heelers don't know how to stop right oh lol lol lol."

Feb 10, 2008Kain

Well.....I guess that's one way of looking at it. But beginning heelers wouldn't be trying to do tricks like that ;)
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Darren McCall hittin a Phat royale
Carter Bair soaping for the first time
Louis Selby busting a frontside 'nugen during the recent UKFSW trip to Ipswich.
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Wyatt Peterson sticking a backslide and throwin up Westsiiiide