Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
GRIND THIS!
Mar 24, 2007 by matrix8967

so, i talked to some HSL people today and they said they're comming out with a new shoe this summer called "Grind This" and that it will feature a new plate, and all new look. the plate will be "less cupped, and more shallow" and I'm thinking these are gonna be like UHF originals...they said it's going to be a new simple design like how "everyone's going for the old school look these days" i'll find out more later, but the guy i talked to was very nice. and was like "wow, soaps...havnt heard that name in a while..." but i told him that we're still alive and grinding. and we're growing, and he'll be hearing alot more of us soon. (not threatening or condescendingly,)

---Alex
Replies

Mar 24, 2007Surfaced

A couple questions, Alex...

Is this going to be a Soap shoe or a Heelys?

Who did you speak with to get this information?

Is this just speculation right now, or is it official?

Mar 24, 2007Surfaced

And sorry, that wasn't a couple, but instead three.

Mar 24, 2007RamenRadio

Wait, do you mean that they are going to design a new plate, or modify the express plate, or put in a new plate? I'm a little confused.

Mar 24, 2007Surfaced

I think he means it will be an entirely new grindplate.

Mar 24, 2007RamenRadio

HSL making their own grind plate, huh? hmmmmm Not sure how to comment on that...

Mar 24, 2007Surfaced

They made the Express and T-Bone. This should be an improvement.

Should be...

Mar 24, 2007Mart

I imagine Derek would mention something about this when it's made official. Until then, I'd consider this speculation; we all know last year there was a mix-up with HSL communication that started from an HSL representative telling one of us there there'd be a whole new run of a couple of models, or something like that

Mar 24, 2007SonicSoaper

Well I got a tingling my happy place after reading this news. If they do make this shoe, let's hope it doesn't suck.

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

it's a Heely's shoe. the guys name was pete wizler (or wizner, it was hard to understand)

he said that he'd seen it and it's an awesome shoe, and he can't wait for the realease. I'll give his number out to some solidgrinders if they email me. you can call him and ask.

Like mart said, he told me about it, he said it was official, but until the shoe comes out this summer, then we won't really know.

he said the plate would be more shallow...like the UHF original was...it's not as "cupped" he said.

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just repeating what I was told. If he's wrong...then...ask him about it.

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007Mart

Sounds cool, however the name 'Grind This' makes me think it's a big joke. Quite possibly the cheesiest name ever

Mar 24, 2007matrix8967

yeah, it's kind of a mouth full...how would you pluralize that..."i got scuff's on my grind this's...erm...my grind these...my um...grinds..."

---Alex

Mar 24, 2007heelyhailey

Yeah, it's a great plate. Works way better than the ones torches and evolutions come with. sick shoe also. and yes the shoe is official. I didnt know it was coming out in summer tho.

Mar 24, 2007SonicSoaper

CRIPES! We do allt his fricken work and what happens? Heelys gets a new grind-plate. HEEL-FRICKEN-YS GET A NEW GRIND-PLATE! THE HELL WITH THEM!

Mar 24, 2007James

i like to grind guys teeeheee

Mar 25, 2007Mart

Dude, settle. No amount of complaining is going to change what HSL decide to do with the Heely brand; if anything, they're more likely to discredit your opinions because you appear to be so anti-Heely. Open up your mind man, at least this is a step in the right direction; you never know, if this new plate is any good, they might bring out a new Soap shoe with the new plate

Mar 25, 2007AnthoFlex

hmm...

Mar 25, 2007mgm

An old school design sounds good. A lot of the Heelys shoes don't look good because they overcomplicate the design. I don't know if the shallow plate is a good idea though.

Mar 25, 2007Draker

ahah oh wow... Heelys... lol nope i dont want to wear those thing + heelys are recognized to be wear by 7-8 years old girl

Mar 25, 2007Hattmac02

SO far all ive heard from everyone is how this is a step in the right direction for soaps but thats wrong, its just heely's way to try to quiet us without actually bringing back soaps. They think" oh they want saops, well heres a heely's shoe with grind plates"

Mar 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Aight Mart. But seriously, I've been as open-minded as I possibly could be and yet six years olds who don't even know what a grind plate is get a new one. That's what get's me mad.

Mar 25, 2007Mart

If this is you being as open minded as possible, I'd advise you to keep your cool and not say anything next time; it just isn't constructive to start bashing HSL because you aren't getting what you want

Mar 26, 2007SonicSoaper

Whatever. All I'm going to say just to end the argument is that people should be better informed about grind shoes.

Mar 26, 2007siuol7

personally i like soaps better but they are grind shoes so i'll use them if i have to

i just hope they are more comfotable than other heelys

Mar 27, 2007AnthoFlex

they are waaaaaaaay more confortable than Heelys

Mar 27, 2007siuol7

i kno soaps are more comfortable because i have both

I was just saying that i hope these heelys are more comfortable than other heelys
and cheaper

Mar 31, 2007Slider388

"look at my brand new pair of grind this" for a name, that's pretty gay.

Mar 31, 2007SonicSoaper

That should be the plate's name.

Mar 31, 2007Mart

It shouldn't be anything; 'Grind This' sounds more like the title of a promo video, not a product

Mar 31, 2007SonicSoaper

It shouldn't even be the title of a vid becaus it sounds like it's ripping off of Shag This.

Apr 1, 2007AnthoFlex

a plate called "Grind This" yea...that will be great....just like the "Grind Rails", boy that was fucking smart....

Apr 1, 2007SonicSoaper

We already made fun of the idea Renny. No need to add to the aggrevation.

Apr 1, 2007rhinoskater30

I think it will be a Soap, just cuz you wouldn't name another shoe after grind like grind rails, and it makes more sense to name something after what it is. Kinda like if it were(which I think it isn't) a Heelys shoe it would be called Wheel or Heel This. Sounds to me like a re-birth in Soaps. I'm getting kinda excited

Apr 1, 2007SapAuthor

Don't count on it, HSL will always make shoes with wheels, they think ti's their biggest market, and i don't think they would jump on taking hte wheels off just cuz they allowed us to start selling soaps again.

but who knows, i'm just hoping if we get sales up enough we can get like the broadsides out.

Apr 1, 2007rhinoskater30

Hopefully.

Apr 1, 2007Surfaced

It's a Heelys shoe. Not a Soap shoe.

Apr 1, 2007adamblock

If you go to the "official" soap shoes site (www.soapshoes.com) and click the link that says 'enter the site', the front page had a graphic with a title "GRIND THIS". if you click on the text, it says something about getting injured, and then theres also a slide show of some soap tricks and a picture of a shoe. Could it be the supposed "Grind This!" shoe that has been mentioned here?

Apr 1, 2007pepsi

nah, it looks more like a soap shoes from the logo.

if it was the "grind this" shoes then it would be on the Heelys site.

Apr 1, 2007sam

Nah, that website hasent been updated in quite a while...

Apr 2, 2007Surfaced

Years.

Apr 2, 2007JeiHeirumaru

Decades

Apr 2, 2007JeiHeirumaru

SOAPS aren't diein',but that site's way past dead

Apr 2, 2007rhinoskater30

hmmmmmm

Apr 2, 2007AnthoFlex

Soapshoes.com isnt dead.......not for long at least....

Isn't that right Trev? Steve?

Apr 4, 2007rhinoskater30

when will we see some pics???
I wanna see! I wanna see!

May 5, 2007teamheelz

cool when the new pair ocmes out i definatly getting a pair. I need a new pair anyway so I guess ill get "grind this"

Jul 26, 2007matrix8967

http://www.heelys.com/product.aspx?product_id=54&color_id=53

there they are...had kinda a quiet release don't ya think?

Jul 26, 2007SapAuthor

meh, still, for almost everyone, people who want soaps dont' want a wheel, and people who want a wheel are often to young to soap anyways (little little kids)

Jul 26, 2007sam

I dont see much point in the hybrid shoe, especially when its not selling much. They should just make soaps, and heelys that way soap doesnt lose any marketing.

Jul 26, 2007SpiderSoaper

i've seen the shoes at the mall, the plate looks like an original molded into a mack type plate, it's so damn thin that it looks like a few grinds with it on painted concrete, will let you grind on the little "H" on it(yes theres an H, not a soap "O", or that other thing they had on torches and etc, and no tweakage, the only good thing is that the lock-in isnt so big, so u have more room to grind on......yea i dont like it

Jul 27, 2007matrix8967

when i was talking to the guy a few months ago, he was like "it's going to be shallow! and less cupped! and stick out less on the sides!" i was like "oh...so...it's like...a UHF original then??? k, hope sales go good" (in a round-about way) i thought about saying "oh, so it's going to be awful and not grind for shit right?" but i didn't :)

there aren't any holes in it...meaning the entire surface area is touching...more surface contact, more friction, more friction, less speed...not sure if this shoe's a good idea...

Jul 27, 2007AnthoFlex

The Grind This shoe also has subliminal messaging against Soaping under the tongue of the shoe

Jul 27, 2007sam

What was it?

Jul 27, 2007matrix8967

yeah, im curious. lol under the tounge was a little pin-wheel "dooonttt buuuuyyy sssoooapsss!! did you know!?: soaps are the harvenger of death!"

Jul 27, 2007SpiderSoaper

a pin wheel?

Jul 27, 2007AnthoFlex

Some people dunt agree with me when i say this:

Under the tongue instead of having the size thing, it says "GRIND THIS" in graffiti letters.

A lot of people tell me im crazy, and that i think too much, but those people dunt study the makeup of HSL shoes.

HSL never puts ANYTHING under the tongue's of their shoe in replacement of the size chart.

And the model's name espcially. On ANY Soapshoe AND Heely, the only place to find the model name of the shoe is on the box.

And the name just so happens to be "Grind This"

There have been no Soapshoe OR Heely with more than 2 words in the model name. And never do you see the model name trying to imply anything. Whether HSL is trying to mess with us Soapers or not, they are DEFINETLY using the "Grind This" to put the grinding focus on Heelys

Jul 27, 2007Page645

damn right renny

Jul 27, 2007SpiderSoaper

oh, haha, that thing, i seen it too, it was on the outside of the shoe too, it was dented and just reads "grind this", i got you Renny, i thought everyone knew, besides it sound funny "grind this", what? grind on the shoe? it's wierd....

Jul 27, 2007matrix8967

ya know, when i heard about the "grind this" i was thinking that but then i was like "nah, i'm just crazy..." but i don't think that hsl is like "ha, fuck you soapers! you'll never wiiinn!!! ahaha!"

but hey, if all this is true...it's a good thing...it means we're getting attention.

Jul 27, 2007matrix8967

(sorry for the double post) i thought we addressed the name earlier...

"Mar 24, 2007Mart
Sounds cool, however the name 'Grind This' makes me think it's a big joke. Quite possibly the cheesiest name ever
Mar 24, 2007matrix8967
yeah, it's kind of a mouth full...how would you pluralize that..."i got scuff's on my grind this's...erm...my grind these...my um...grinds..."

---Alex"

and again...

"Mar 31, 2007Slider388
"look at my brand new pair of grind this" for a name, that's pretty gay."

and i think again, but i'm to lazy to quote it...

so it's a lame name...and maybe it's directed at us. maybe it's not. does it really matter if it is? like stated above, if it is, then we're getting their attention. if it's not, then it's not. simple and plain.

Jul 27, 2007Altman

Can we just let this topic sink please?
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Tanner Gregory hittin a Royale
Ryan Dawes hittin a Frontside on a big ol kinked rail.
greg with a cess slide and sweet cast
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Cheese Grater
Daz Burt pulling a frontside 'nugen during the UKFSW Ipswich trip.