Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
plate endurance
Apr 3, 2007 by adamblock

how long do express plates generally last, assuming you grind rails, ledges, and curbs (painted or unpainted)?
Replies

Apr 3, 2007sam

Expresses last as long as you make them, grind lots of ledges and theyll wear out sooner. Grind lots of rails and they'll last you longer.

Even if you grind lots of ledges with expresses they still hold up really nice ;)

Apr 3, 2007matrix8967

yeah, they last as long as you make them last...i do a test before a grind something where i just glide my foot across the surface and if i feel any resistance or scraping, i immediately take my foot off...

Also, can someone answer me this, my friend has some sylons, he's had them since november, and his BBK's are like...paper thin. he does some curbs, but no more than the rest of us...i mean, they're REALLY THIN, and are going to break before June...did he just get some weak plates? it's kinda weird...

---Alex

Apr 4, 2007rhinoskater30

Good thinkin'!!!

Apr 4, 2007AnthoFlex

Express plates last extremely long

Apr 4, 2007kobansora

Better damn well last long :P Because they're irreplaceable until you buy a new pair of shoes.

~JJ

Apr 4, 2007Slidey

BBKs aren't as dense as Express plates, thats why they wear out faster. I have about 5 pairs of paper thin BBKs lol, I replace them everytime they get near to breaking.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo on the new Broadsides
Derek Brooks hittin a Makio across the newspaper stand
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon