Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Need Logo For Soap Shirts!
Apr 13, 2007 by Ohanzee

Ok, so i have talked to a company about making mass ammounts of shirts, but it is currently on hold till i get approval from HSL if i can make them. BUT, i have come up with a logo, that you have all seen before and is very very common. but since this shirt (if approved) will be online selling, i would like input on Logo's and shirt color that would be the best. So post some logo's you would like to see and their shirt color!

REMEMBER, this will only happen IF HSL gives the approval of Soap Shirt sales.
Replies

Apr 13, 2007Surfaced

Didn't we try this a couple times before?

HSL doesn't like us selling things with their trademarks. You can make one for yourself and your friends, but entirely at your own expenses without making any profit.

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

right i know. this will be none profit sales. the company i talked to said it would cost about $4.74 Per shirt.

BTW here is the link http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4184/soaplogo1cc3.jpg

Apr 13, 2007AnthoFlex

What company prints shirts at $4.74 a shirt?

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

It's a local company in Eugene, Oregon

Apr 13, 2007Mart

One that produces really shitty quality, I'd imagine

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

Oh sorry my bad.. here is the prices. i was off by a dolar.

"Printing 50 6 oz cotton t-shirts in black ink would cost $4.65 per shirt, including set up.

50 on red would cost $5.70 each.

25 on white would cost $5.60 each.

25 on red would cost $6.75 each.

Printing 72 would reduce the per piece price by 20¢.

Printing on a lighter weight shirt would save from 25¢ to 50¢ per shirt." -John Henzie

Apr 13, 2007AnthoFlex

Do you have a NAME for the company?

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

Triangle Graphics
521 Market St., Suite A
Eugene, OR 97402

Apr 13, 2007AnthoFlex

iight, imma see what i can cook up from these people.

I hope they have single shirt orders.

I hate having to buy a whole bunch

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

they do have single shirt orders. but for high cost. i already asked ill save you the time.

"If the print was just black, which I don't think it is, printing one shirt would cost about $44.

I don't want to guess at how many colors it will take to get the marbled effect, so to give you a firm price I'd need the art file without the t-shirt, in an eps, ai or pdf format, or you can tell me how many colors are in the graphic.

If it is a 3 color print, one shirt would cost $104.

Your cost for the actual printing is about the same whether you do one shirt or a dozen, because the actual printing time for a dozen shirts is less than the time spent on prep & clean up.

Lead time is about two weeks." -John Henzie

Apr 13, 2007AnthoFlex

haha, fuck these guys then, but good find Chris

Apr 13, 2007Surfaced

I could buy a few other things that are more enjoyable with $100.

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

yeah single prints are expensive. but the bulks are not so bad. because you mainly have to pay for the shirts. and the setup/prep is spread out over the shirts.

Apr 13, 2007dunk

HSL won't give you permission, period. Don't waste your time asking.

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

i got nutin else to do lol

Apr 13, 2007Surfaced

-www.iambored.com

-www.addictinggames.com

Apr 13, 2007Ohanzee

i'm not bored lol it's not like E-mailing is that hard to do lol

Apr 16, 2007Ohanzee

Ok here's the deal. i have talked to HSL about the soap shirts. here is what they replied with:

"Hi Chris,
Your email was forwarded to me. We have no problem with you making and selling SOAP t-shirts, but we would have to charge a royalty of $1 per shirt. You can contact me for any further questions, and I’d be happy to work with you through the licensing process if you decide to pursue it."

I will be pursuing it. so hopefully in about 3 weeks to a month i will have 50 T-shirts ready for whole sale. I'll keep you posted.

Apr 16, 2007AnthoFlex

we have no problem?

is HSL high or sumthing?

Apr 17, 2007Ohanzee

i duno but this is the proposed logo (still needs aproval through HSL)
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4184/soaplogo1cc3.jpg

Apr 17, 2007SapAuthor

:( I wish someone would have told me, Steve is trying to make the shirts, and we were thinking of using Dario (he has a shirt making place) for them. Get prices, and stuff, but i would see if dario wants to.

Besides, where would you sell them?

Apr 17, 2007SapAuthor

plus not to mention that vector SOAP image i had to do from hand, would be nice to tell me if ur going to use it for mass productiong >.>

Apr 17, 2007Ohanzee

SAP1: I would sell them on e-bay for whole sale. I already have a local place that is making them (look above)

SAP2: I thought this image was like the official logo?

Apr 17, 2007Mart

Selling home-made t-shirts on eBay? Good luck...

Apr 17, 2007SapAuthor

It is their logo yes, but i had to remake the image, which took some time. and ebay really isn't going to get you anything, plus they charge per thing. Me and steve planned on selling it on the soap shop we have.

Apr 17, 2007SonicSoaper

AnthoFlex
we have no problem?

is HSL high or sumthing?

Or maybe they finally have seen the light. *drops to knees* PRAISE THE LORD!

Apr 17, 2007adamblock

i would rather buy shirts from steve at his soap shop. no offense intended though.

Apr 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Werd, haha

Apr 18, 2007Ohanzee

w/e dude this just proves that HSL is slacking. so Renny, it seems like you guys were slacking and not asking HSL for the rights. Just sayin..

Apr 18, 2007Ohanzee

or who ever else was workin on the project.

Apr 18, 2007AnthoFlex

Shut up, we've had other shit do:

SELLING SOAP SHOES
GETTING DEMO SHOES
GETTING HSL TO LET US DO A DEMO
NEW WEBSITES
SOAPSHOES.COM

So dunt freakin say that we are slacking, ESPECIALLY me. Ask ANYONE on this forum (Even Mart, who dislikes me sumtimes, but is cool when hes drunk ; p)

Everyone will tell you that my life is SOAP SOAP SOAP. I eat, i sleep, i LIVE Soap. So do NOT say that I'VE been slacking, because i've done a lot more than you think i have.

Can a get some re-assurance here? Who agrees with me?

Apr 18, 2007AnthoFlex

For the record, we HAVE tried to get HSL to make (or let us make) Soap Shirts. You had it easy, i guess they just don't care anymore. When we asked, they shut us down almost immediatly.

So just consider yourself lucky. You should be happy, not fucking bragging that they are letting you shirts.

Oh just to let you guys know, the Soap Shop will soon stock Soap shirts ; )

Apr 18, 2007Go2Crew

Whoa Renny … slow down there Partner. The majority of us know the vast amount of work you and Trevor have been doing to promote the Soap brand. So my friend, chill. There is absolutely no need to go Postal or feel you need to defend yourself on the Forum. I will be happy to pick it up from here and answer this retort.

Well, I could address this in so many different ways, on so many different levels, but let me answer it directly, courteously and professionally, in this manner:

Ohanzee: Alright, I've read your comments and will choose to chalk them up to an extremely youthful exuberance and perhaps somewhat, a large void of practical experience in dealing with licensing rights, patents and trademarks, and branding integrity in general. If you will take a much more thorough and careful read of the e-mail you were sent by HSL, they have merely indicated a willingness to help you work through the process. You have yet to speak them about contractual minimums, royalty based payments-on either production or sales, product license use exclusivity or proclivity- if any, design and product concept proof and approval prior to production, co-branding arrangements, and a payment guarantee to HSL by either pre-payment or bond. …. I have. So please, before you throw-it-out-there that someone, whom you do not know is slacking, please know of what you speak. And sincerely, good luck in your endeavor. ---- Steve

P.S. when I spoke with her last (yesterday afternoon, in fact), Venus says hello!

Apr 18, 2007RamenRadio

Yeah, I agree Renny, and you damn well know it. Ohanzee, if you were to just try doing HALF the work that either Renny, Trevor, or Steve do, I bet you would be so wipped out, you couldn't even say soap shoes. Seriously, watch what you say about stuff like that. I've said stupid shit too, but I do apologize when I realize I'm completely wrong. But that just wasn't cool.

Apr 18, 2007SonicSoaper

And your litle outburst was unneeded as well Travis. Steve took care of it. Just let it die.

Apr 18, 2007Mart

Ugh... everyone has to have their two pennies, don't they?

Apr 18, 2007SonicSoaper

Yes because two pennies equals two sense and thus the analogy is funny.

Apr 18, 2007SapAuthor

Put it simply, there is a lot more to dealing with corperate than you would think. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes. You wouldn't believe how much of a hassle it is even to set up a demo, and renny's doing it pretty much by himself. Steve, the poor guy, is putting his heart and soul into this. His only break (weekends) is spent shipping out shoes, taking away from his family time, not to mention all the time he spends dealing with HSL. And I handle a lot of the customer calls, any bugs on the site, updates, and have to manage the SSS team (which beleive me, takes time, expecially with so many more orders), plus my other businesses and school and dealing with person stuff like the flight to slovakia to spend time with my sweet heart.

Put it simply, no one on our side is 'slacking,' and this goes for everyone (even me at points), make sure you know all the facts before calling names. Even i've made that mistake.

Apr 18, 2007matrix8967

renny, steve, and trev don't play games when it comes to soap. I don't either...i don't think any of us do. i personally wouldn't buy one of the shirts you're selling or wanting to sell Ohanzee...but that's just me.

---Alex

Apr 18, 2007Tasslehoff

WOOT GO HARDCORE SOAP FANS!! that includes all those involved in larger parts to spread the SOAP word.

Apr 18, 2007Ohanzee

ok, to get this straight i wasnt saying he was slacking in everything, just in getting the rights for the t-shirts. I know all of you have been hella busy with everything you guys do.

Renny: sorry i burster at you.. I'm going through hell as well... I get maybe 3 hours of sleep a night because of the things that have happened in the last 2 weeks. Ill give you an example of whats going on. My friend killed herself because she found out i dont like her.. sound stupid? i know but, She was my best friend... her doing that brought back memories of 7 years ago when my friend OD'd on pills on his webcam in front of me and my other friends. We could do nothing to stop him, because we didnt have his address yet... Do you have any idea what hell is like? because i have a d*** good clue. and it doesnt look pretty.

DEMO: yes i know about the demo, i heard you were having some problems with the site and how you couldnt get the go ahead, I dont know if that changed, but i hope that it goes through. I would love to be there but i dont got $600 to fork over for the flight.

CREW: yes i know what the letter said. it's guna take time and im willing to do it. Yes i know about the royalty fees. That is not a problem. I have already sent them a logo (that i just found out from SAP (sorry dont know your name yet)) and that was about 4 days ago.

I hope this clears things up.

Apr 18, 2007Ohanzee

Trevor: (sorry) i know you do alot on the forums and the other sites and alot of other stuff thats VERY important to the success of SOAP. Keep up the awesome work.

Apr 19, 2007Tasslehoff

Damn. that stops you. i guess my life doesnt suck as badly as I thought. sorry about your friends man. its hard to deal with stuff like that.

Apr 19, 2007adamblock

Did you really need to bring that up? Let's just stop fighting and talk about Soaping. seriously.

Apr 19, 2007Ohanzee

EDIT: I have already sent them a logo (that i just found out that Trevor remade, and i changed it to marble (nice job BTW on that logo)) and that was about 4 days ago.

Apr 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Sorry to hear about your friend dude, i hope everything works out ok.

Apr 19, 2007Ohanzee

yeah i hope it does too, I'm sick and tired (in both senses)of feeling this way... wish it would go away, like tomorrow or even today... Soaping is the only thing that keeps my mind off it. and well... i cant do it at night because i cant see the rail, or i miss judge...

Apr 27, 2007rhinoskater30

i know this was dead, but i had an idea go to this site

http://www.graffiticreator.net/index.htm

i dunno if youve been here, make a soap logo, and then put it on a shirt or whatever.

Apr 27, 2007AnthoFlex

ive been to that site...lame

Apr 27, 2007rhinoskater30

it was just an idea, everyone else is all...
no dude, or yeah dude, and then...........
so who wants to hear a whole other post about the may demo... YEAH!!!
cuz i think thats one thing we all know by now, and that was just one site, there's tons of others, but if u know so much about other sites, bring up another site if u all like these shirts so much

Apr 28, 2007AnthoFlex

i couldnt tell if you were hating (again) on the demo that i'm throwing....were you?

did anyone else feel that?

Apr 28, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah. I did.

Apr 28, 2007Mart

Easy there Antho, if he's pissing you off just ignore him

Apr 28, 2007kobansora

What's wrong with you guys that start fights? I mean, the ppls that start fights here... C'mon now. Jeeeze.

~JJ

Apr 28, 2007AnthoFlex

Will do Mart, good lookin out

Apr 28, 2007rhinoskater30

i dont try to piss anyone off but u guys get soo mad and think ur soo cool like that ...LAME think renny put, i was a SUGGESTION...im not the hater u r for putting something like that

im not hating on the demo, its a good way for soap to start up again, but once again u think ur so cool cuz u work for HSL, and ur throwing a demo, and ur hating on my first post for trying to help soap out with shirts

so renny.... do u not want soap shoes anymore, do like changing subjects and make others getting mad at me for trying to help, cuz if u wanna know my opinion, i think this demo thing is gonna suck cuz i dont think anyone else but US really wants soap back, i wish they would but they wont, im not saying soap sucks and the demos a waste, i could be wrong

all i want is for u people to read the comments and not stick up for others like this, if u would of read my first comment and then renny's, u would see that he started it all, o yea...same with the other topic about demos too
so renny do u REALLY want soap alive again, or r u trying to shut it out for heelys?

Apr 28, 2007AnthoFlex

ok, first off, type SLOWLY, there is grammar mistakes like CRAZY in your post...

secondly, i don't think im cool because i work for HSL, and because we're throwing a demo. I think that its COOL that we are throwing a demo. Plus, i've been in this game waaaaaaaaay longer than you have. And im damn proud of what i have accomplished.

I'm sensing a bit of jealousy...if thats the case, don't be. There isn't anything to be jealous about.

i think this demo thing is gonna suck cuz i dont think anyone else but US really wants soap back

is that right? you sure? ok...gimme ur email, i'll send you a List of people who are coming. (and we got people coming from other states as well) ; )

so dude, noone is hating on you, noone hates you. We just hate how you lose your temper when someone says sumthing that you don't wanna hear, disagrees with you, or when noone replies to your questions on the forum.

Anything else you wanna toss at me?

Oh I don't want anymore fights, but if you guys ARE NOT slacking like up above, then shouldn't you not be on:

Solid Grind, MySpace, AIM, and on the internet, like the site I proposed, but was dissed upon, plus all the others sites, and stuff you guys do like Soap. So If you guys would give these things up, think of how much work you could accomplish. A lot more, right? I think I've only seen about 3 of Steve's posts on this site, and I don't need that to tell that he's busy. I know some of you don't believe me, but I DID speak with him, and he is busy, the only real time that he might get to spend with his family is at church.

Think about this, he does all this work for just so some people (including me) can have a good time grinding with shoes with plastic on the soles, and he doesn't know, and hasn't seen many of us. I don't know, but doubts he Soaps, so that's one thing off of the list that we know he may not do.
So what aren't some things that Renny and Trevor do?
(That was a rhetorical question.)

see there u go again with ur "r u jealous"

soooo i guess u DO think ur cool or something, and guess you ARE hating on me

karpeinskis@aim.com
that's the adress that i get a lot of my crap emails

dont tell me to type slowly either when i only make a couple of mistake for typing fast, while u make tons of mistakes while typing s...l...o...w...l...y...

Apr 28, 2007karps

Sorry dudes, but I thinks I can see where Rhino is comin' from. That lame thing was not needed. But Rhino...don't get sooo made either. I thinks people should read a little more carefully. That's all, and good luck with shirts!!! :^)))

Apr 28, 2007AnthoFlex

rhino, are you saying that i don't Soap?

oh man, you really are retarded. I soap, and i promote Soapshoes, so just cut it out man.

plus Karps, shut the hell up, you and rhino are both the same person

Apr 28, 2007AnthoFlex

nice triple post too, it shows that you really don't care what im saying ; )

Apr 28, 2007RamenRadio

karpeinskis@aim.com
Is that the address where you get other people h8ing on you? XD seems like if anyone here is flamming you, we wouldn't be the only ones, now would we?

Now seriously rhino, you are pissing me off a lot right now. You show so much disrespect to Renny AND Trevor? How childish are you? Show some freaking respect to the people that deserve it you idiot.

You are so stupid that you can't even have anyone else fight for you but yourself. Everyone can tell that you and Karps are the same person. I know you are kinda new here, but if you are so pitiful that no one else here can see what you are saying that you have to go make ANOTHER account and try to back yourself up with yourself, that's just so stupid and sad.

To be honest, I don't know how I could ever repay Renny, Trevor, or Steve for all the tons of difficult work that they have done. So I make sure I give them as much respect and backup that I can give them. They are the guys that have made it so soap shoes isn't dying out, but having it come back. Their flash and everything could not look more professional, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they get the rights to soapshoes.com. They deserve it, they do more than just a good job. What the hell do you do? You insult him, talk back to him like a little kid to his mother, and still continue to act like an ass. Do you realize who you are even talking to? Read my freaking comment, I'm not sure if your not even reading Renny's comments.

Sure, some people can get into fights (definitely me too, since I can act like an idiot sometimes), and sure some people say the wrong things. But at least they say whether they were wrong or just stop fighting. All you are doing is whining and whining, and it's pissing me off A LOT.

So if you don't think you can read any of my comment, I'm going to put it In bold for you, okay? Read slowly

Show Renny and everyone else respect here, it's enough with your bitching. You don't need to tell them what they need to do. Renny Steve and Trevor are doing just fine NOT listening to you

Still with me?

It's enough with the posing man. I don't care if you had a soap demo or not, what matters if you even soap. Raving about sonic doesn't mean so much here. If you have any questions as to how else you should treat people on the forum, please email me to macramensea@hotmail.com

Goodnight dear <3 :P
And I hope you learned a thing or two.

Apr 28, 2007RamenRadio

Ohanzee, I'm sorry about my outburst before man. Thanks very much for the support, the logo looks nice :)

actually im just me, i really have no relation to the other guy, and dude, i dont rave about sonic, i cant remember i did, if i did, stop livin in the past, and who are u to butt in if its just me and some1 else. do like to butt in, who cares if renny is your "friend" and whyd u say "goodnight" dear, i don't thinks its night at all, putting ur email isnt good to do, the one i put was for junk stuff i dont care about.

but really that would defeat the purpose because of all the other stuff u typed, dude, as far as i know that heart thing <3, is for chicks, never do that again.

Don't say you can ever repay Steve, no one not even me could repay him. All he does is Soap stuff, and for people he doesn't know.

I don't even understand why some people get mad because someone says something bad about another, while the first person did nothing to begin with.

And you know what, I did learn a thing or two.
While I was reading your post, I realized just how stupid it is to have internet fights with people we don't really even know. And that if some people could just read, they would see that themselves are wrong and should really go back, and think. Plus I read this study that the people that post stuff like you actually are more likely to commit suicide

Apr 28, 2007RamenRadio

SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!!

That's the point I was trying to make. Forget you man, if you want to whine like a little kid, then do it somewhere else, or wait until someone ELSE tells you to. Good lord, grow up you idiot.

I was watching Renny's back, and Trevor as well. That's not wrong, I've been doing it as long as I've been here you little poser. That is only one of my emails you little idiot, filled with spam, so go ahead and flame me, I don't care what a little boy like you has to say. But I'm warning you right here, right now. I'm sick of your shit, and don't try to fuck around with Renny or Trevor. They've done ten thousand times the shit you could ever do in your whole life. You look so eager to commit suicide, since you had to make another account for someone to be your friend on here.

How's about that for reading others?

But as for the warning,

SHOW RENNY SOME RESPECT

I put it in bold for a retard like you to understand, so I'd apreciate it if you were to learn something now.

Goodnight honey<3

Apr 28, 2007RamenRadio

btw, don't tell me what to do. If I want to put a heart there, I'll damn well do it. Remember that. :P

Looks like I'm doing well since you keeps comin' back but I don't really care, cuz this is all a joke, I mean, who really care, how is this at all important. Dude don't explain why you do things like the bold, just do them.

And it doesn't matter what you say about me, cuz you never seen or heard me but if you some how do, who cares?

I'm outtie...now tell these people something else they don't know about me.

Apr 28, 2007RamenRadio

Well, you know what? You sound just like a goth. I'd know, this town is gothiccity lol

have a nice sign out buddy

Apr 28, 2007fastslider

Hey guys, I'm new here. I think new shirts would be cool. Speaking of cool lol, everyone should not fight. They should chill. And besides that I'm gonna stay out of this fight. phew

Apr 28, 2007SapAuthor

Why is everyone fighting? all the shouting...

Apr 29, 2007Surfaced

"Their flash and everything could not look more professional"

uhh well... Ok.

And rhino you should really stop.

Apr 29, 2007SonicSoaper

.....Shasta.

Apr 29, 2007RamenRadio

Well that's just what I think Surfaced :) Looking at the current soap shoes site, I'd have to say they deserve it.

Apr 29, 2007SonicSoaper

Tres accounts.......that's pretty weak.

Apr 29, 2007AnthoFlex

Whats Tres accounts?

Apr 29, 2007RamenRadio

3 solidgrind accounts *cough* Rhino *cough*

Apr 29, 2007AnthoFlex

lol

Apr 29, 2007SonicSoaper

Yep.

Apr 29, 2007siuol7

rhino how old r u?

Apr 30, 2007Ohanzee

Ok... This should of stayed dead till i got more info on the shirts... all this Bashing is kinda well... annoying, and sadly i started it.. but yeah can we just drop it here now?

RamenRadio: it's ok it was my fault you lashed out. You didn't need to apologize for it. but thanks :) P.S. i just edited the logo, i didn't actually design it. the original design was done by Renny. so give him the props for the basic design :)

Apr 30, 2007Ohanzee

errr... I mean Trevor made it... sorry...

Apr 30, 2007AnthoFlex

the bashing stopped a long time ago

and what basic logo are you talking about that Trevor made?

Apr 30, 2007RamenRadio

May 1, 2007Slider388

Prices are the reason I stencil my own shirts.

May 1, 2007sam

Yes slider, stenciling your own shirts is alot cheaper, but can look less proffesional, unless you have your own silk-screen kit.

May 1, 2007rhinoskater30

All I'll say is you're probably good if you can do that, at least they way I'm thinking of it.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Is that a Soap sticker on that car?
Zach hittin a Royale
Jim Devereux hitting a frontside during the recent UKFSW trip to Ipswich, England.
Herr Blunt hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo on the new Broadsides