Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Grind Wax
Apr 18, 2007 by Tasslehoff

Im kinda posting this for not just me, but those in the future who need to know. Where can you get wax for the rails?
Replies

Apr 18, 2007SpiderSoaper

anywhere even skate board shops, is there a Ziumiez in your area? or try candle wax

Apr 18, 2007Tasslehoff

oh cool. candle wax will be no problem. my mom loves those things. they smell nice. what do you do just rub the side of the candle on the surface?

Apr 18, 2007SpiderSoaper

yea i guess, sumtimes i rub the plate, but rubbing the grinding object is probably better

Apr 18, 2007Tasslehoff

thats what I heard. if you rub the rail you get wax on the plates too.

Apr 19, 2007Mart

Waxing your plates isn't the best of ideas, since the wax will come off the plates and onto whatever you're grinding. If you want to stack, wax your plates; if you want to ride, wax the obstacle

Apr 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Just buy candle wax at your ocal store or supermarket. Remember, the harder it is, the better.

Apr 19, 2007Tasslehoff

what do you mean by stack mart?

Apr 19, 2007cherryman696966

i've been looking on ebay a lot for wax, there some nice prices on there. also on amazon.com. you can get it in bulk for cheaper prices and it will last you longer.

Apr 20, 2007Tasslehoff

OW! I now know that too much wax is VERY BAD! suprisingly too much wax isnt all that much. I used a tealight. you can get them at Target, Wallmart, Sams Club, or Costo in 100 cnt. packs. you just push the bottom of the metal casing to get the wax far enough so you can grab it without breaking it. once you pull the wax out, you reach on the bottom of the candle and pull the metal tab to get the wick out.(the wick is the little string that burns.) then youve got a nice, round chunk of wax that fits in your pocket and is easy to use. just dont use too much. OW!

Apr 20, 2007Mart

Stacking is falling. And thanks for the how-to on waxing, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to do that already

Apr 20, 2007Jard39

yeah thats what i use

except i dont buy it i just steal my moms

Apr 20, 2007SonicSoaper

I currently use Sam's Soap wax.

Apr 20, 2007rhinoskater30

LEDGE BUTTA

BUTTA THAT LEDGE, SON!!!!!

Apr 23, 2007xJeremiahx

I get my wax from a local candle shop. I do volenteer work at my skate park so I go in the candle shop and ask for "junk wax". They usualy end up giving me a huge chuck that I have to break up into small pieces. It works great for the price(free)
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Greg Morris hittin a Pudslide
LixF hittin a fresh track grind
Brett Dierker with a Frontside.
Bart Johnson sliding a handrail at Long John Silvers
greg morris hittin a backside at olympic stadium