Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Grind a groove
Apr 21, 2007 by Joshua3109

Whats up with all of this talk of grinding grooves into the new plates? Is it mandatory or what?
Replies

Apr 21, 2007Tasslehoff

no, its not mandatory, but you can so the plates lock on is enhanced.

Apr 21, 2007AnthoFlex

Its not mandatory, noone is holding a knife to your neck demanding that you wear grooves into your plates.

Wearing grooves into your plates allows MUCH better lock-in on rails, as well as better tweaking.

People with Express, UHFs, and BBKs (not soo much BBKs) know that when you are trying to royale or farf with groove-less plates, the slightest movement or shifting of that foot will shoot it off the plate, and you stack it

Apr 21, 2007Slidey

well not exactly the slightest movement, it would take a big movement to shoot my farfs or royales off the plate ;P

but for beginners, Renny's right, just if u have unreplaceable plates (Express) it isn't the best idea to wear out the plate

Apr 21, 2007kobansora

But you should still wear a tweak groove into the shoe so you don't rack yourself....

I did a UFO.. A UFO... with my friend's new BBK's and I seriously slipped off the rail and racked myself b/c I didn't have lock on with the plate.

~JJ

Apr 21, 2007Mart

BBKs have shit all groove in them, you still need to wear a decent one in on those before you can lock in like a bitch

The Impact plate is horrible on metal unless you hammer away on some stonework for a few weeks. I never understood why Soap chose to make such a stupidly flat plate

Apr 21, 2007AnthoFlex

Shit all groove? lock in like a bitch?

Dude, you ok?

Apr 22, 2007Mart

...I'm fine?

Apr 22, 2007SonicSoaper

I think Mart means that there is no lock in on the BBKs and have to really wear them down before getting a groove.

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

nah i just asked because none of what he wrote made sense to me....

I'll read it tomorrow after my head stops hurting...

Apr 22, 2007SonicSoaper

Now that you mention it...shit all groove? Should we "for great justace take off every zig?"

Apr 22, 2007SapAuthor

I'm confused.

Anyways, BBK aren't that bad, they are good for getting on wide rails. Slow bros probably have some of hte best lock on though. I have a combo BBK in my leading foot, and Slow brow in my other, that way i can get onto the rail easily and then use my backfoot for lock on.

Apr 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

stupid question right here, but wat is groove? im new so i wanna know

Apr 22, 2007kobansora

Are you serious? The groove is the indent in your plate. Like where the rail locks into when you grind.

I hate BBK's without their grooves, they are flat and dangerous.. For me that is lol.

I like slo-bros and their lock on and all, it's ultra precise.... But on square rails it feels very dangerous.

~JJ

Apr 22, 2007Mart

Square rails in general are dangerous. There's no way you can lock onto those unless you have a flat groove the same width as the rail

Antho, a lesson in English slang for you
Shit all means hardly anything; I've got shit all money
Like a bitch means a lot; This scratch hurts like a bitch

Apr 22, 2007SonicSoaper

Dude, we use like a bitch a lot over here, just not shit all. In terms of square rails, they atually help me get a groove into my plate along with grinding bricks and curbs. I'll get a few pics up soon to show you what I mean.

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

yea, there you go haha

no wonder

Apr 22, 2007Zhowulf

" SonicSoaper
Now that you mention it...shit all groove? Should we "for great justace take off every zig?" "

Thank you, that came so out of nowhere. Best laugh of the day.

Move Zig

Apr 22, 2007Joshua3109

What does a good lock on do exactly? I know the a little about it but not much. please explain.

Apr 22, 2007sam

A good lock-on will prevent u from slipping off of a rail, or getting seriously injured.

Apr 22, 2007Joshua3109

o ok thanks

Apr 23, 2007kobansora

See, that answered everything.

And SonicSoaper..... Use real english man lol. Using words like that kind of.. MAkes it incomprehensible.

~JJ
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale down the S rail at Wash U
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater
Darren McCall hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Mizuo
Strider Patton hittin a Frontside at Cornell