Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Rolerblade brand SOAP like shoes
Apr 27, 2007 by xJeremiahx

I remeber seing these at a local Big5 sporting goods a few years ago. They had a grind plate with 2 metal 1/4" rails in the midle. Has anyone else heard of/tried these?
Replies

Apr 28, 2007xJeremiahx

I found this pic. I'm definately glad that I bought my SOAPs cause these look pretty shaty.

http://www.angelfire.com/nm/youvegotmail/2.gif

Apr 28, 2007xJeremiahx

nevermind, I just noticed them in the shoes section......<*slaps myself for being a stupid noob*

Apr 28, 2007AnthoFlex

nah dude, its all good, take that slap back

and slap a cat or sumthing

Apr 28, 2007SpiderSoaper

those look like odanace imitation, Soap came out first right? before others decided to steal a one of a kind idea

Apr 28, 2007kobansora

I like this shoe.

~JJ

Apr 28, 2007ordnanceflint91

dont knock the rollerblade grind shoes....i have 2 pairs of them....i love them and the grindplates and rollers are better than u would think

Apr 28, 2007SonicSoaper

Can't you use the shoes without the rollers?

Apr 29, 2007ordnanceflint91

yeah the rollers and plates are removable. there are 4 screws that hold the plate on. then you got one screw for each roller

Apr 29, 2007xJeremiahx

do they still make these?

Apr 29, 2007kobansora

I'm goin to slap you for saying that lol.

I doubt they still make them...

~JJ

May 1, 2007rhinoskater30

Dude, they barely make SOAPs anymore, but hopefully that will change.
I agree with ordnance guy, I don't have 'em, but they look pretty good for a knock off brand. Plus it's from and in-line company, so I think they might know what their doing.

May 1, 2007AnthoFlex

they obviously didnt if noone liked these...i mean, there are metal rollers where you are supposed to be grinding...how are you gonna form a groove in that thing?

May 1, 2007rhinoskater30

Yeah, but I did say, pretty good for a knock off brand, also, i heard the rollers were removable, but you do have a good point.......

not many people bought em

May 1, 2007AnthoFlex

i wouldnt have gotten them... those metal rollers....

1. they look (but i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they are) aluminum

2. I've heard that the rollers bend after awhile.

complete turn off for me...just like bizos....uughhh

May 1, 2007kobansora

The rollers would bend I suppose. I mean... Rough ledges + metal being pounded into it = bad.

But uh, was it the Rollerblade inline company that made these shoes? B/c they know how to make some pretty damn fine aggressive skates, I'm sure they would've known how to make a grind SHOE if they made things that grind from the start.

BUt sadly they didn't really care about the shoe.
~JJ

May 1, 2007SonicSoaper

It's all about the Benjamins dude.

May 1, 2007kobansora

And just getting into the trend.

Like sony and their 400 dollar 4gb mp3 player.
~JJ

May 1, 2007xJeremiahx

My bigest concern would be denting/bending the rollers. I'm a big guy (6'3" and 230lbs).

I would love to see a grind shoe with a grind plate made out of the same material as my skateboard(aircraft grade aluminum). That stuff slides very well.

May 1, 2007ordnanceflint91

i have used my rollerblade grind shoes alot and so far the rollers dont bend. and they are made of some type of steel. they are acually pretty thick too. and kinda heavy for such a small piece of metal. and they do work really well on curbs and rails. just have to have good balance for rails

May 1, 2007AnthoFlex

Aluminum is slow, and soft. There is no way in hell that stuff slides good

May 1, 2007kobansora

Aluminum IS soft and slow..... But are you sure they are aluminum?

~JJ

May 1, 2007xJeremiahx

Yeah, it's a type of aluminum. Very strong and very light weight. It also slides at least 5 times faster than my wood decks. the company's web site is www.suspectskateboards.com I think. It's very good for big guys like me. I used to break wood decks at least once a month. I've had this same aluminum deck for about a year and a half and still going strong.

May 1, 2007AnthoFlex

My comment was aimed at Jeremiah, Kobansora.

Aluminum is very soft and VERY slow to grind on. Jeremiah, maybe the aluminum thing you are grinding on is painted? or maybe they did sumthing to it that ive never seen or heard of

May 1, 2007rhinoskater30

Aluminum isn't great at all. Now I take back what I said earlier and ask myself, What were they thinking!!!

May 1, 2007Mart

I think he means that the hardware/deck is made of aluminium Antho, not what he's grinding on

Nobody in their right mind would make rails or anything similar out of aluminium. Compared to steel it is ridiculously expensive, and it's certainly not as hard-wearing

May 1, 2007xJeremiahx

ya, it's the skateboard deck itself that is aluminum. It is a T-16 aloy aluminum. It did come painted but that is long skratched off since then.

May 2, 2007AnthoFlex

Wow, he was talking about his deck... how did i miss that?
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Acid Soul
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Mart hittin another stylish royale
Mike sliding the massive Iowa City kink