Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Unsuspected Soapers
May 3, 2007 by rhinoskater30

Have you ever run in to someone while wearing and talking about Soap, and they're like, "Hey, I know Soap!"

Just today, one of my good friends, that's kind of a jock, saw my Soaps at school, and was like, "Hey are those Soaps?"
I was all, yeah.

We then got into a long conversation about Soap. Turns out he thought he was one of the only people the knew about Soap. I asked what pair of shoes he had...by his description, they mighta been Cleans or Scabs.
Replies

May 3, 2007rhinoskater30

Oh yeah... has anyone had this experience before too???

May 3, 2007fastslider

Naw, cuz no one really knows what Soaps are where I live, I kinda discovered 'em on my own.

May 3, 2007kobansora

YEah I experience at school every once in a while.

I was limbo-ing (video on youtube) and the kid holding the stick was like ZOMG HE'S LIMBOING WITH SOAPS!

~JJ

May 3, 2007rhinoskater30

ha ha thats pretty good

May 3, 2007AnthoFlex

This guy after school was walking with his girl, and he was walking sooooo slow, so me and my friend walked around him...at the end of the block i hear:

"Hey!, Soapshoes! Kid with the Soapshoes! (i honestly thought he was just gonna bother me until...) KID WITH THE SCORCHERS!

i immediatly turned around and asked "How do you know the name of these shoes?"

"The Scorhcers? Dude, i used to Soap waaaay back then, you know how to grind and stuff?"

"Yea, (pointing to my Soap shirt)"

"Kool, kool bro, keep it alive, ok?" and he walked off.....

When i thought about it.....they guy looked a LOT like Bryndon smith... i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it was him though....but his girl...looked just like Bryndon's....

i dunno dude, it was a wierd day.

May 4, 2007SpiderSoaper

nope, no one in newark knows about soap, i had to explain people that they werent heelys, but so many people that have seen me with my soaps said that they want some

May 4, 2007SpiderSoaper

imma start an apademic with soaps

May 4, 2007Surfaced

Epidemic?

May 4, 2007kobansora

Bryndon Smith...

Probably was lol. I mean, with words like that it sounds like one of those epic movie moments when the kid's hero passes him and tells him something and walks off into the sunset.

~JJ

May 4, 2007AnthoFlex

I dunno, if that really was Bryndon Smith, then that means that im the Chosen One then huh?

May 4, 2007AnthoFlex

it actually haunted me for the rest of the day....i wishes i woulda asked him more questions

May 4, 2007kobansora

That's like that one time I met this hella hella famous shamisen player from Japan and I didn't know it was him until the day afterwards. We hung out with him for like, an hour listening to him play shamisen... I was wondering why he was able to play a full song about Seattle WITH ONE STRING.

~JJ

May 4, 2007rhinoskater30

Antho...that's almost how my conversation went, when I found out, I was just blown away, I had NO IDEA!!! XD

May 4, 2007Mart

I was in London a few weeks ago and two people in one day asked me if I was wearing Soaps. Good times

May 4, 2007AnthoFlex

I have had a few people ask me at Sk8 parks, but thats to be expected

May 4, 2007RamenRadio

One kid saw my soaps, and started talking about how he once had soaps. He said he was going to buy a pair of express, but he bought a pair of High tops instead
¬_¬

May 4, 2007SonicSoaper

Don't be hating on the Hi-Tops.

May 4, 2007Tasslehoff

my friend thought that the SOAP logo on the heel of my Expresses was a cover for a wheel. nearly slapped im... lol

May 4, 2007kobansora

I get shit from people sometimes. I like how some people are very ignorant because they think Soaping is easy.

It isn't easy when you hit rubber. It's harder to grind with Soaps than skates... Well for me that is. You don't hit rubber with skates if you're using an anti-rocker or freestyle set up, you just hit the grind plate with some insane lock on and you grind much faster than with Soaps. Grinding with Soaps requires some mad precision and skill because you could hit rubber and because you don't get as massive lock on as you do with skates. Aggressive skates I mean...

~JJ

May 5, 2007SpiderSoaper

wat i meant by apademic, was imma start a trend

May 5, 2007SonicSoaper

Soaping and aggressive inline go hand-in-hand so ask any blader if soaping is easy and I'm sure you'll get one of two answers depending on what kind of person you ask. If they're a poser they'll diss Soap right out but if they're a regular inliner they'll tell you what you need to hear.

May 5, 2007sam

Actually, alot of sick bladers still hate on soaps, only beacause they see them more of a toy instead of a sport

May 5, 2007Mart

The vast majority of bladers will tell you that Soap shoes are weak because, by comparison, is is weak. However, Soaps are more about having fun than being serious, so the attitude between the two is different. At least, that's how it's supposed to be

May 5, 2007Rynasty

Actually every one of my blading friends thinks soaps are pretty tight. They know they're just for fun and not meant to be taken so seriously. A few times after we were done skating they tried them on and stuff. I've never really encountered anyone who flat-out hates soaps.. This is Oregon though..

May 5, 2007rhinoskater30

I can see why they think they're toys, or weak. Cuz they don't got wheels, and no soleplate...well...anymore. But I think both are awesome...oh yeah...
Any more stories?

May 5, 2007AnthoFlex

Bladers are normally hard-headed anyway. (from what i seen) and also from what i seen is that Bladers are hard headed but when popo come around, they stay the fuck quite.

May 5, 2007AnthoFlex

As a sk8r/Soaper, its my job to hate on bladers....but i can't, they do sick shit. The good ones at least

May 6, 2007xJeremiahx

I used to hate on bladers because I am a sk8r but then I realised in reality they are all just toys. Roller blades, skateboards, soaps. They are all toys and it doesn't realy matter what toys anyone decides to "play" with.

May 6, 2007SpiderSoaper

i cant hate, i soap, rollerblade, and skateboard

May 7, 2007matrix8967

yeah, i've had this happen. it's nice. makes me feel good.

---Alex

May 8, 2007kobansora

What's with all the hatin :c I wish people were more tolerant. I'm an aggressive skater and a soaper, and I take both seriously... Except skating relives more stress for me than soaping. Soaps are used when you don't have skates.. To me that is lol.

Why would it be your job to hate bladers, Renny? It's not like they've done anything to you unless you have some personal problem with one. That's like saying white people should hate black people. Maybe we'll all get along one day just like we all do now in America... Sorta. Lol I didn't mean to flame you or anything, I just wanted to say something about that.

In my opinion, the real atheletes respect the other atheletes, and the intolerant ones are lamers because they know they can't do what the other ones do. I respect everybody until I have a reason to disrespect them, and that's what I live by.

~JJ

May 8, 2007xJeremiahx

"In my opinion, the real atheletes respect the other atheletes, and the intolerant ones are lamers because they know they can't do what the other ones do. I respect everybody until I have a reason to disrespect them, and that's what I live by."

Agreed! I used to be young and dumb back when I was hating on bladers. I look back at myself then and think how stupid I was. I see now that everything has it's degree of dificulty. I can repect just about anyone that is out there having a good time and being themself.

May 9, 2007SonicSoaper

Because Renny skateboards and in skate culture wood-pushers and fruit-booters never did and never will see eye to eye, they always hate on each other. Nothing personal but it's something they all do.

May 9, 2007AnthoFlex

No, sk8rs dunt hate on bladers. Bladers hate on skaters.

May 9, 2007SonicSoaper

I bet the bladers would say the same thing. XD

May 9, 2007kobansora

Ignorant people hate on others.

I think skateboarding is sick, but that isn't my style. Freeblading makes me feel more free... Like I can fly. I'm not joking lol.

~JJ

May 19, 2007rhinoskater30

Just found out today while wearing my Express at school that yet another unsuspected Soaper has emerged. He was all

"Oh you got those shoes...Soap...I couldn't use them for crap."

May 22, 2007rhinoskater30

Just found yet another kid in my Spanish class. He was all

"Dude, you got Soaps!? Those things are tight."

He kept looking at them.

May 22, 2007Spano565

this sucks no one knows about soaps in my town except me i guess i could stickerslap everywhere with soap stickers. any suggestions.

May 22, 2007RamenRadio

That helps, yes, but you could also show your friends soaping. You can also grind on curbs near places like the library or something. A lot of kids eyeball me even when I'm doing a simple frontside lol

May 22, 2007SapAuthor

Yup, getting out there and getting interest is key. The best thing about SOAPs is that even if they decide they can't or aren't good at SOAPing, the shoes still are soooo comfy and aren't expensive, so it's incentive to get another pair anyways.

May 22, 2007rhinoskater30

you got that right!!!

May 29, 2007NYSoaper1763

once my friend started grinding a stair at my school and my art teacher says are those soaps they are really dangerous and i like wow my art teacher knows abt soaps but all my teachers are under 25 so i guess they are closer to my age group than i thoink

May 29, 2007NYSoaper1763

once my friend started grinding a stair at my school and my art teacher says are those soaps they are really dangerous and i like wow my art teacher knows abt soaps but all my teachers are under 25 so i guess they are closer to my age group than i thoink

May 29, 2007NYSoaper1763

once my friend started grinding a stair at my school and my art teacher says are those soaps they are really dangerous and i like wow my art teacher knows abt soaps but all my teachers are under 25 so i guess they are closer to my age group than i think

May 29, 2007NYSoaper1763

sorry for the triple post my bad

May 29, 2007xJeremiahx

I'll be 25 in November.

May 31, 2007Hutch

I'll be 24 in June. Do you reckon I've left it to late to get into soaps? I've got no experience with in lines and I'm the worlds worst skater (seriously, I can't even ollie!).

May 31, 2007Hutch

Thats a bit off topic, I'll start a new thread.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
greg morris hittin a royale downtown --> wellington st. bridge
Wyatt Peterson sticking a backslide and throwin up Westsiiiide
Ryan hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Royale
Zach Larson hittin a Royale