Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
The HBL Effect
May 29, 2007 by Megashadow77

Okay, I just want to put this out. HSL is total bullcrap.

Okay, it some years back, and SOAPS are doing good, being popular and stuff. Then, it dies down. That's cool, though, HSL buys it, well, that's good too, Heelys are pretty dumb, but they're popular, and HSL will be able to promote them back to a standard status.
So, HSL gets a good oppertunity here, they can bring out something that most people really don't even think about, and make good money off of it. So, what do they do?
They stick grindplates on their gay ass heelys.
I ain't tryin' to diss Heelys that much, they're pretty cool, if you're under 10 years old. Then, they make the Express and T-Bones. I guess T-bones got ditched because of their design defect, but still. I know there are other shoes HSL made other than Express, but they're all pretty much the same damn thing. Same shoe, with a new "paintjob" so to speak. I call this the "HSL Being Lazy Effect."
Look, I just don't see why HSL doesn't promote SOAP shoes like they do Heelys. I mean, no dude that's over 13 or 14 has Heelys. If they do, they're probably made fun of, ALOT. And I'm not trying to diss you 4 dudes out there that actually like Heelys, but seriously dude, it's for little kids.
I mean, SOAP shoes would sell WAY better than Heelys. They'd appeal to older audiences, so yeah. What the hell is HSL smoking?
Replies

May 29, 2007Megashadow77

And, before Renny pops in and chews me out about Expresses, I'll say it. I don't have anything against Expresses. They're a good shoe, but, New Age SOAPers, such as Mwah, want to try something different.

May 29, 2007Rynasty

Wow, everything you said was exactly true.

HSL buys Soap and hides it behind the heelys spotlight. Now soap is almost considered dead once again. Well, at least they haven't completely dropped the company.

When HSL bought soap, they didn't bring anything new to the table. All the shoes sort of looked like Heely's/generic skateboard brand shoes. They didn't make enough of a distinction between the two companies which lead to soap's decline. Heely's are for the little kids. Soaps are for the adults who still want to feel like kids. I think that's the vision that Chris Morris had when he made soap. That man was a genius.

May 29, 2007Megashadow77

Everyone I've ever showed my SOAPS to has instantly wanted them, and said the only reason they don't have them if cuz they can't get anything offline.

May 29, 2007Megashadow77

May 29, 2007SapAuthor

um, megashadow? about the online bit, soaps.sonicandpals.com <- buy soaps here.

As for the rant, even that's getting old. everyone knows HSL is not doing anything for SOAPs, even though our sales are skyrocketing. We are continuing to show an increase in sales and profit, this month is going to be massive, i'll have to see how many of the orders paid, but we were getting like 3 a day or so, sometimes up to 7 or 8. There is a demand out there. Plus HSL is not fulfilling our restock orders, if this keeps up we'll soon be forced out of selling certain sizes, i think we only have grey left in 12 or something like that, forgot exactly which one we only a few left. *sigh* It's like someone saying "fine, we'll let you sell our product", we sell, they then say "sorry, u sold all the product, we'll be dum dum's and not make more"

i'm done ranting, i'm hoping, just hoping, our sales will make HSL realize the market is tehre and they need to make an investiment and do what any good business person would and go with something that's selling.

May 29, 2007Megashadow77

I know where to buy SOAPS, mah man, got em from your store. And yeah, I know the rant is getting old, but can't we do Anything>

May 29, 2007sam

Yes yes, i think we all know that HSL isnt treating soap the best lately, but at least their still keeping soap alive, if HSL wanted to they could just drop soaps right now and then you could not buy them anywhere, except for maybe ebay. I am not supporting heelys in any way, but at least there still keeping soaps alive.

May 29, 2007RamenRadio

That is one thing I appreciate about HSL, keeping soap alive. But does that mean they have to do it in such a shitty way? I don't think that Megashadow is just reminding us of what a bad job HSL is doing, I think he's really pissed like most of us here. We demand better treatment, and the skyrocketing sales prove that we deserve the right to that. And you know what else? HSL's stupid heely sales are going down and down. I continue to hear from kids at school how dumb heelys are. The stock went down by 15 percent (meaning that they didn't sell a certain amount of shoes). And I'd bet you a million bucks that those lost customers went to the soap shop :P

Look, there is something we can do, and I'm still trying. We can keep on going to demos, showing soap shoes to friends, slapping up stickers, and just the plain old soaping. I grind on this one curb at the library just so some kids can look at me grinding. The first thing I hear from them is "woa!".

There is another thing everyone can start doing, and AJ is the one that pretty much came up with the idea (sam too). We were thinking about having our own demos. Maybe we wouldn't be sponsored by HSL, but if I could save up enough money to get enough pairs of express, I'm pretty damn sure we could pull it off. I still need to look into it though.

Basically my point is there is something us soapers can do about it. We just support soap shoes in anyway we can. Individualy it might not be enough, but if we all keep doing it we probably can. We might not see much from HSL for a long time, but just because you can't see the progress from them doesn't mean it won't happen. Just give them time to accept that their shoe is becoming a failure, and that soap shoes will always live on. Let it be, until that faithful day when we at least get broadsides back :D

May 29, 2007AnthoFlex

I wasnt gonna pop in chew you about anything MegaShadow, so just cool it

May 29, 2007AnthoFlex

But yea, I'm doing everything in my power to keep this good name alive. And so far, i have to say that im doing a pretty damn good job.

And so is everyone else, everyone together, banded as one kicking some serious ass. Keep promoting and spreading the word.

May 29, 2007AnthoFlex

That reminds me, i was hitting this new handrail i found on Sunday, and there was this couple passing, So i did the handrail as they turned the corner and i heard the wife say sumthing. Then the husband said sumthing that i didnt hear. My friend Vic was like, "Yo Renny, i think he said Soapshoes". Then the guy turned around and said "I DID say soapshoes, who doesnt know about those ballin' shoes?"

And i was Happy : )

May 29, 2007AnthoFlex

For those who don't know, "Ballin" is this new dumb slang that means "Awesome", "crazy", "Rich", or "Stylin'"

May 29, 2007rhinoskater30

OK OK OK....Here's what I think and strongly believe...

HSL bought Soap Shoes not to keep it alive, oh no, they had a "better" idea.
They bought Soap because they didn't want another shoe on the streets, they wanted HEELYS.
BUT!!!!! They realized that they could make MORE money by putting a grindplate on the bottom of their shoes.

Here's the big explosion. (Not attitude or getting angry.)

THEY DIDN'T REALIZE THAT THEY BOUGHT SOAPS, HOW COULD THEY BUY THE COMPANY AND NOT SELL THEM!??

So, they make a very small quantity and ship them to SaP, and that online inline place. But since the quantity is so small only a small group of people find out and buy them.
HSL is making all their money off of Heelys (duh). So buy selling a teensy weensy amount of Soaps, they can still say they're selling Soaps.

What I believe we need to do is promote Soap (which many of us are, thanks guys) and try to convince HSL that Heelys are Heelys and Soaps are Soaps. NO GRINDPLATE ON HEELYS! That way we could get what we want, and by having a group of kids saying, "we want Heelys and Soaps" they could make more money!!!

YOU HEAR ME HSL!!! WHAT ARE Y'ALL THINKING!?

so yeah, oh if my statement and rants are wrong, which i doubt they are, or something you find stupid, please don't say so and stick to the topic

Thanks

May 29, 2007SonicSoaper

I've said it once and I'll say it again, HSL is just jelous that the wheel-Soap was rejected and now they're making us pay for it big time.

May 29, 2007sam

I have the same though AJ.

May 29, 2007sam

*thought

May 29, 2007Surfaced

I'd say we have thoroughly discussed and debunked this topic before.

Our consensus was something among the lines of "yes, HSL is being really gay, but shit, there's not much we can do to stop them except promoting Soap shoes, which is still pretty futile."

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

I think its both the fact that HSL is jealous about the wheel-soap idea and that they just like their shoe better.

May 30, 2007MusicSoaper

What we are doing now is about the best that we can do.....or we can find HSL and freaking grind our asses off in front of the place and riot with soap shoes.

May 30, 2007Megashadow77

Men....*puts on an army helmet*
We are going to Texas! *raises Rapier*

May 30, 2007MusicSoaper

Fuck the Rapier....Greatswords are my choice of weapons.

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

I like your style musicsoaper :D. And no man, we can still do better (I'm not talking about Trevor Renny and Deel, I know they are REALLY busting their asses). I'm saying that us everyday soapers could do better.

May 30, 2007MusicSoaper

Yeah, i'm still a beginner at heart and i can barely hold pose while grinding. I should be out right now Soaping my ass off. Matter of fact....*Gets Soap Shoes*

May 30, 2007SapAuthor

Hey guys, whatever you do, don't lose heart. When i first found out about SOAPs about a year ago, they were dead, SG was pretty dead, and spirits were dead. We all as a team changed that. Take heart, sales are still rising up, we sold about 25% more SOAPs than last month alone! It's an awesome figure. We need to keep this up, soon me and steve will have the sales numbers to go to HSL with.

Hopefully when I return, sometime, maybe on a weekend or something, I will fly down to texas with steve and we'll put on our business suits and bring the data to HSL and argue our point.

We all need to help. Put up stickers, show your friends, maybe (if they are a good friend) let them wear the SOAPs for a bit or something. Keep submitting SOAP videos on youtube and googlevideo. Renny has the promotion in NY and the demos, i'm always telling people about SOAPs and keeping the shop team and sales numbers, and Steve is doing an awesome job handling the finances and shipping.

No matter what though, I doubt now HSL will shut down SOAPs, they are selling strong and continuing to grow, soon they will have no choice but to either do more for SOAPs or lose money, and as a business, no grudge of the past is worth loosing money. It's alllll about the money.

May 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Yo Trev, let me come with you guys. I'll start saving up some money and then afterwards, the 3 of us can go hit HSL Sk8 park

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

haha, that sounds sick. Thanks a lot For all the hard work Trevor. :D
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Kyle Lefler hittin a Cheese Grater
Dario Nieva with a Mizuo.
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale on the way to the STL Demo
greg morris hittin a royale downtown --> wellington st. bridge
Derek Brooks hittin a Mizuo