Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
hurt feet?
Jun 9, 2007 by soaper16

i love my soaps, by my parents say that they will damage my feet from simply walking with the plates on the bottom. is this true?
Replies

Jun 9, 2007SonicSoaper

Not. You actually have very good arch support with Soaps.

Jun 9, 2007Megashadow77

Yeah, it'll actually heal sore feet.

Jun 10, 2007soaper16

wow, thats great news! thanks guys!

Jun 10, 2007Surfaced

yeah your feet will be fine. Just tell them to slip a hand inside the shoe and feel around for anything irregular. They'll find nothing.

Jun 10, 2007sam

I wouldnt go as far as to say theyll heal sore feet, but most soaps are definitly comfortable.

Jun 10, 2007AnthoFlex

You're parents asked you exactly what my mom asked me yesterday, so i drew her this:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/AnthoFlex/FootandPlate.jpg" border="0" alt="Foot is flat on top of plate">

Do yourself a favor and show you parents that. Your foot is flat on top of the plate. The plate does NOT go into middle of your foot

Jun 10, 2007AnthoFlex

The Red is your foot. Crappy, i know, but it gets the point across

Jun 10, 2007Rynasty

I went to a podiatrist (foot doctor) recently because my feet are really messed up and he said the rigidity of the soaps was actually helping my foot from getting even more fucked up. So there you go.

Jun 10, 2007soaper16

hmm, i have the express, i can feel the instep, but it also feels like a smaller imstep on the otherside of the shoe also, is this for extra support?

Jun 10, 2007SonicSoaper

Well if they're new then they're going to be as tight as hell for a couple of weeks. Once they break in they should be okay.

Jun 10, 2007soaper16

thats cool

Jun 10, 2007RamenRadio

No way man. Soaps are the feet's best friend lol
:D

Jun 10, 2007rhinoskater30

antho....ur awesome

Jun 10, 2007RamenRadio

That's the second time you've said that randomly .....

Jun 11, 2007AnthoFlex

thanx rhino

Jun 11, 2007xJeremiahx

No foot injuries here. Although after a long day soaping on saturday my lower back feels like it is broken. I can barely move without it hurting. I think it has nothing to do with the shoe though. I think I just pushed myself realy hard that day and strained it.

However!...on a good note I hit the largest backside I have ever hit and I got it on film. This was on a hip high handycap rail and about 20 feet long. After many tries I finaly got the whole thing. Unfortunately the cameraman hit the record button late and you miss the jump and the first 2 feet of rail. I was to tired to try it again.

Jun 12, 2007soaper16

good luck on the vid man!

Jun 12, 2007SapAuthor

SOAPs are probably some of the most foot friendly shoes (although there are exceptions).

I listed this in another forum topic, but to recap. Having a high arch may 'feel' weird, but it distributes the weight of your body. The larger the surface area, the less force on that area (just like snow shoes). By having high arch, your weight is distributed onto that as well, so instead of 80 pounds (half ur weight) being forced on 3 small points on ur foot, you get it distributed evenly.

The other factor is of course the rubber. Old Express had a shock absorbing bubble, and harder rubber. The air bubble is awesome for comfert. Newer large express (and many other soaps like my favorite boltars) use a flexible rubber, that sort of squishes on impact, which is even more comfertable.

The exceptions are some of the old soap models that didn't have either air bubble nor soft rubber, like my cleans. Rubber is hard as a rock and no air bubble.

IN SUMMARY:
high arch = very good for feet.
Air bubble = Good
Soft Rubber = Good
Express model therefore = Good
Heelys = bad, hard sole, no air bubble, and
ruins your spine.

You can have your mom call me if she wants, i used to have feet problems, i never did though when i had my express and boltars (although now i do again since i have the cleans >.>')
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Aaron Taraboletti sliding a square kinked rail at Drake University
Ryan Armstrong, Maxwell, and Casey Faris with the double FS and double flip
Aaron Taraboletti sliding a square kinked rail at Drake University
Ryan Dawes hittin a Frontside on a big ol kinked rail.
Aaron MacDonald hittin a (freestyle) backslide torque slide on a ledge