Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Plate Help
Jun 14, 2007 by Megashadow77

Okay, I'm gonna try to get some SOAPs with replaceable plates sometime in the near future. I want some plates too. I know Steve has some BBKs, and SloBros in my size (9/10). I can get them both eventually, but I'll have to choose one to get first. Which one would you guys reccomend?
Replies

Jun 14, 2007RamenRadio

bbk Hands down.

Jun 14, 2007RamenRadio

Get a nice groove in those and you're good man

Jun 14, 2007SpiderSoaper

ask HSL if they have some left, i got mine free from them and no shipping charge either, dont ask them if u can have it free though, let them tell u it's free, and they sent me a bag of screws and the soap key

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

did you email them or something? leave some details man. Did you call them up or email them?

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

e-mail bro

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

which email is that? I thought it was the one on soapshoes.com, but apparently, it's a rigged email :(

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

yea it's always the same thing, they reply if you go there,here's wat u do, go to the forbidon zone (heelys.com), and send a message to the almight ones(go to contact us, and hit customer support, can u take the challenge? *dum dum duuuuum*

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

I saw their retarded videos with Keith, I think I can bear contacting them. I'm using my spammed up email though. I don't want those guys to have my email

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

y who really cares, they are good to talk with, you wouldnt believe how happy i was to get octanes

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

woa, just a second..... OCTANES? Are you pulling my leg? What size, and are you SERIOIUS?

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

Serious*

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

yea, size nine the last pair supposedly this grirl janice had to dig it up, y u like octanes?

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

It's my favorite plate next to the slipknot...... I love those freaking plates.....

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

I'm a size 12 though...

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

u have some?

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

u have some?

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

sory i pressed comment twice, wats good about them anyway

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

Octanes? No, I have to make the grooves myself. i'm not very good at it yet though, I don't have a very good knife.

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

right, my express right shoe has this dam ^ shaped groove i dont like, seema as though that part will run out first, my left though is its same normal shape

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

damn i cant wait to get my boltars i should get them tommorow or saturday, along with Slobros and maxwells yay!

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

:P I already have my boltars haha. Where'd you get yours from?

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

God sent Steve Deel, i'm just souped to get my first replacable pair, bruise black and blue yum

Jun 15, 2007RamenRadio

XD I see, not bad man :D

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

2 bbks, 1 maxwell, 1 slobro, 1 octane.......................yea i'm good to go, those will probably be my only pair for a long ass time, along with black express

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

thanx wat do u have?

Jun 15, 2007AnthoFlex

You don't have Octanes, SpiderSoaper, stop lying.

Only i do, mwhuaaahahahaa

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

well i do, u just got ur's with a pair of septums i bet, how are even sure you're the only one?

Jun 15, 2007AnthoFlex

I was just kidding with you dude, but if u are gonna be pissy about it, lets see a pic.

Jun 15, 2007AnthoFlex

; )

Jun 15, 2007AnthoFlex

And for the record, Steve only had ONE Octane left that he was gonna give to HSL, but they didnt want it, so he gave it to me. I still havent used them yet.

And the only way you coulda gotten octanes was with the very VERY VERY Limited released Septums, and Sylons, of which you have niether I'm sure

Jun 15, 2007AnthoFlex

my bad for the triple post but the spam caught me for the 3rd paragraph. I was gonna say:

And besides, the ONLY plates available from the old Soapshoes site and current HSL were: BBKs, Slobros, Maxwells

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

not getting pissy bro, but yea they said they pulled it out of a box which had grindplates in it, they were in sioze nine and i said yea watever, i didnt know they were limited though,cool

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

no i dont have those shoes antho

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

no i dont have those shoes antho

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

sorry double post

Jun 15, 2007sam

Can you upload a picture?

Jun 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

no i cant without my friends cam, and i dont have them anymore dat shit was a year ago bro

Jun 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Sounds too good to be true. I'll take your word for it. People have been known to get extremely lucky with Soapshoes stuff. I'm still a bit skeptical, so i would really like to see a pic. But no beef from my end dude

Jun 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Ah, heres sumthing that should make it easier.

What color are they? The color tells you what shoe they came from

Jun 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

they were yellow

Jun 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

i used them on my friends turntables, i didnt even know about soaps until my friend and sa2, but the didnt come with the turntables, he had slobros on them which i lost in my old house, so yea they were a beat up pair

Jun 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Yellow Octanes? Are you sure? That sounds very strange.

You sure they werent yellow Slobros?

Jun 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

yes i'm sure they were yellow cause the slobros were grey, or black, i dont really remember the slobros, but the octanes were definetly yellow

Jun 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

yellow they were yellow,,, bump bump

Jun 16, 2007RamenRadio

bump

Jun 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

thanx Ramen.......oh anthoooo, where are youuuuuuuu? u can reply now

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Whats that supposed to mean?

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

i assumed u would replay, since u say that yellow octanes were odd

Jun 17, 2007MusicSoaper

I believe you mean *reply*....kinda felt obligated to correct.

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

oh thanx music, i didnt notice that

Jun 17, 2007MusicSoaper

No problem Spider.

Jun 17, 2007MusicSoaper

But what plates are rare nowadays?

Jun 17, 2007RamenRadio

octane, slipknot, uhf (rare in most sizes)

Jun 17, 2007RamenRadio

forgot the curb buster

Jun 17, 2007RamenRadio

Impact, speedster, T-Bone

Jun 17, 2007sam

Spidersoaper, you said that you have "octanes, 2bbks, slo-bros and maxwells"

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Yellow Octanes aren't odd. Both Derek and I (and you too) have yellow Octanes. They are just extremely rare, thats all.

But honestly, i would still like to see sum pix one way or another. Like i said, i'll take ur word for it, but your description on how you got it sounds a bit fake

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

i doubt my friend has those pix, but back then i had no idea octanes were rare, i knew nothing of soaps, but they were octanes for sure, and sam, imma clear some confusion, i had octanes, i had 2 bbk's i only have one now, i lost and old pair of slo-bros, but i'm getting new slobros, and im getting new maxwells, dose that help?

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

well if it's sounds fake then i'm sorry thats wat happeend, some HSL female worker found them in a box filled with other plates, and when she was looking for size nines only she found those, and she sent me them free with screws and the key, it came in a plastic baggy thing but with no tag of its name, usually when you buy plates they have that tag at the top with the name of the plates and size, but when i got them they didnt come with that.

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

OH!!!!

You've HAD them for awhile? I thought you said you got them from Steve :p haha. Yea dude, if you got em back then, THEN i believe you. I thought you meant Steve sold you a pair. I knew that couldnt be considering i gotten his last pair of Octanes. They were on the septums i have. (I still havent used them because i still have yet to make copies of them)

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

oh haha, i asked Steve if he had them but no he didnt, and it was last summer i used them, whoah you can make copies! well our savior has come

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Yo Spider, ma bad for acting like a dick. I just thought you were lying because i thougt you JUST got them.

But yea, as soon as i can get around to it, i will make copies. Then they will be available for sale in the Soap shop o.O

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

alright Antho! and to let you know i didnt even realize you were acting like a dick, its all good though

Jun 17, 2007cherryman696966

wait. how can u make copies of them?

Jun 17, 2007RamenRadio

I don't know what Renny's talking about, but you can carve bbks into octanes.

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

U dunno what I'm talking about?

i can copy Octane plates

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

no, no he's use alchemy like Edward Elric, lol...................but really how, u gonna demand HSL to amke them using yours?

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

*make

Jun 17, 2007sam

You cannot just demand someone to make them, he's going to make a mold im guessing make them himself and sell them to the public.

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

using wat though?

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

I'm not selfish though, I'm adding that to the inventory of the SSS shop

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

great, but how will u make it though?

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Thats my secret ; )

Jun 17, 2007SpiderSoaper

oh well, just keep us informed dude

Jun 17, 2007Hutch

Sorry to change the direction of the conversation but can some1 please tell me the difference between plates? I just got my first pair of Soaps (boltars, Love em!) should I stick to the standard plate or change?

Jun 17, 2007SapAuthor

just my two sense, since i have both BBK and Slobro (left foot slobro, right bbk). BBK are best for larger rails and square rails, they have the most grindable surface, and are good with speed as well, but Slobro are way better with lock on, they have some serious ridges in them. (that's why i have BBK for front foot (easier to get on rail) and Slobro for back (for stability in lock on).

Bother are great in my opinion.

Jun 17, 2007sam

I personally dont like the slo-bros that much, beacause they already have a groove in their for you, stick with bbks they'll be better in the long run. ;)

Jun 17, 2007RamenRadio

I hate the slo bros, that's way too much freaking lockin man, and you go waaaaaay too slow

Jun 17, 2007AnthoFlex

I think my favorite (replaceable plate) is.....
........the BBKs.

For everything else, theres Express

Jun 18, 2007RamenRadio

Octane and BBK, hands down man. I'd like the curb buster, but after those two if anything

Jun 19, 2007Hutch

So we've got 2 clear favorites, which 1's come standard with the Boltars?

Jun 19, 2007RamenRadio

bbk

Jun 21, 2007Megashadow77

I e-mailed them, like SPider SOaper said, and they're sending me free plates. The guy doesn't know what style they are, but they're white.

Jun 21, 2007SpiderSoaper

maybe bbk's, i emailed them last thursday and yesterday i got UHF originals, i dont know why people hate them so much, theyre okay and i like them

Jun 21, 2007sam

Who the hell did you guys e-mail to get free plates?!

Jun 21, 2007Megashadow77

help@heelys.com

Just be like "Heeyyy, I need some new plates for my soaps, ya know. You guys got any left?"
Don't be like "Can I get some plates for free? plz, kthxbye."

Jun 21, 2007SpiderSoaper

exactly dont do that, u'll be selfish if u do

Jun 21, 2007AnthoFlex

I've emailed that address before, noone responds.

If its Venus or Brooks who check that email, its probably why. I get the feeling those two hate me. If thats the case, i hate those bitches back

Jun 21, 2007SpiderSoaper

y hate u for, cause u like soaps and not heelys?

Jun 21, 2007SonicSoaper

WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Jun 21, 2007RamenRadio

Yeah, they find it awkward that he's working within the company for something they own the rights to for some odd reason.... Odd... ¬_¬

Jun 21, 2007sam

Kick ass! Im getting another pair for free! Oh and you can ask them for plates any way you want and she said theyll still be free.

Jun 21, 2007Megashadow77

Renny, I got some girl named Janice.

Jun 21, 2007iwantsoapshoes

i sent an email asking for some shoes. would those be free as well?

Jun 21, 2007RamenRadio

They won't have any, they'll say that they threw out the rest of the stock or something ¬_¬

Jun 21, 2007sam

They just happend to run out of size 9-10's as soon as i e-mailed them...

Jun 21, 2007sam

No, i dont think there that retarded to give you free shoes, otherwise they wouldnt be selling them. duh

hey, some people say that ignorance is a virtue.

Jun 21, 2007SonicSoaper

No, it isn't. I think you mean ignorence is bliss.

yeah, probably. who knows, with all this "what ever goes around, comes around" rubbish.

Jun 21, 2007MusicSoaper

Well, i e-mailed them and they said that they would send me a pair, despite the fact that i wear 13 in shoes. It was weird and i didn't expect them to respond. But i got the same girl MegaShadow. Janice or whatever.

Jun 22, 2007sam

Yeah i got janice too. I asked her if she had any 7-8's left, and they only had one UHF plate left. (left shoe only)

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

who the hell is Janice?

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

she is the one that gave me them too and i dont know who she is, y?

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

because i've neevr heard of her before. I bet she'll hate me like Venus and Brooks

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

dude how do u kow they hate you?

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Oh believe me....hahaha

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

hahahahahaha

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Hahahahaa

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Jun 22, 2007Page645

wtf?

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Oh man, that was funny.

But seriously, those bitches hate me. I'll be sure to give them a visit on our little trip this fall.

I wonder how Brooks looks, she sounds kinda cute

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

im gonna sing the doom song now,,,,,doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoomdom.........and now "rolling around at he speed of sound, got places to go gotta follw my rainbow, cant stick around, have to keep moving,cause wat lies ahead only one way to find,must keep on moving ahead............' and you know the rest

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

u goin to hsl and give them that power point prsentations and stuff like that? bring back boltars!

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Boltars?

No

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Broadsides

Yes

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

grrrrrrrrr, i'm not a sole plate fan but hey i'll try it out maybe one da, it might feel like standing on a skateboard with one foot

Jun 22, 2007MusicSoaper

Also, try to get the septums brought back as well. Those look pretty boss. And maybe scorchers...but i guess one shoe at a time =D Septums personally.

Jun 22, 2007SonicSoaper

Broadsides and Scorchers would definately be awesome to see.

Live and Learn, hanging on the edge of tomorrow
Live and Learn, from the works of yesturday
Live and Learn, if you beg or if you borrow
Live and Learn, you may never find your way.

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

"cant hold on much longer,i will never let go
i know its a one way trak, tell me how long this will last, close my eyes and feel the burn, now i see what ive go to do, open your dude"............i think those are the lyrics, theyre off of my head

Jun 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Can we stop with the sonic songs?

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

........uh......okay

Jun 22, 2007MusicSoaper

LOL.
Good times.
The best song was off of the Sega CD Sonic Game. Sega CD was the Shit.

Jun 22, 2007SpiderSoaper

"sonic boom, sonic boom(x192745289464945)

Jun 23, 2007AnthoFlex

how many times did that chick actually say that in that song? haha

Jun 23, 2007SonicSoaper

Let me check...

18 times.

Jun 23, 2007SpiderSoaper

ha, u actually checked

Jun 23, 2007Megashadow77

Damn, I check Ebay....
Black Cleans!
20 Dollars for buy it now!
Good Condition!
....Size 6!
FUCK!

Jun 23, 2007SonicSoaper

Ha, yeah I did. And I didn't even need to listen to the song because I have it memorized.

Jun 23, 2007MusicSoaper

That song was cool when i was like nine. But that's funny someone actually knows the song and has it memorized.

Jun 24, 2007Megashadow77

I just got my plates 2day. They're UHF Originals. I just took them out to rub on some stuff. Boy, they seem so weird from Express plates. Relaly tough, and seem to glid across ledges. I can't wait to get some shoes!

Jun 24, 2007Megashadow77

I'm kinda sad they're not BBKs, but also kinda happy, cuz I suck radically on ledges.

Jun 25, 2007MusicSoaper

Well with different plates that are better on different stuff will make you better in the future. All i have used is the UHFs.

Jun 25, 2007RamenRadio

UHF, bbk, octane, curb buster (only for curbs) are probably the best replaceable plates.

Jun 25, 2007Megashadow77

Well, I'm gonna get BBks and SloBros from Steve.

Jun 25, 2007RamenRadio

Just to warn you there, I think slobros are a death trap for cheesegraters. I almost got into some REALLY bad accidents from those plates.

Jun 25, 2007RamenRadio

From doing cheesegraters with slo bros that is. I don't have them anymore so it's not my curse XD :P

Jun 25, 2007sam

Yeah, seriously take travis's advice slo-bros really arent that good anyways. You'd be better off with bbks, anyways.

Jun 25, 2007RamenRadio

Yeah, all you need to do with BBKs is get an octane groove in there, and you're good to go man! :D

Jun 25, 2007AnthoFlex

Octane groove?

Dudes, all you need is a deep gash (if i can say that) ANYWHERE in your plates to get some lock in. Whether it be BBKs, UHFs, Express, or Curb busters

Jun 25, 2007AnthoFlex

and impacts

Jun 25, 2007AnthoFlex

If you want an Octane groove, you are asking for your plates to be dangerously paper thin

Jun 25, 2007RamenRadio

lol, sorry, I think I said that wrong. Renny's right.

Jun 26, 2007siuol7

I emailed HSL and that girl Janice said that i'm getting the last set of 11/12 size plates.

Mabye all of us getting plates will help HSL relize that soap is bigger then they think.

Jun 26, 2007SpiderSoaper

will they probably dont give 2 shits, maybe thats y theyre free

Jun 26, 2007SpiderSoaper

will=well, sorry

Jun 26, 2007RamenRadio

SHOOT! Seriously? last pair of size 11/12 plates? what kind of plates did you get?

Jun 26, 2007sam

I e-mailed them up again, and said that they havent seen an octane plate anywhere in a loong time, or have any stock records of ever having left over pair.

SpiderSoaper, when did you e-mail them to get your octanes? I think HSL might be holding out on us. :p

Jun 26, 2007MusicSoaper

siuol7, you have a point but then we might be taking the rest of their stock of soap shoes and come up with the excuse of "we don't have any soap shoe stuff anymore, we gave it all away." But maybe....just maybe.

Jun 26, 2007SpiderSoaper

last july, they didnt even know wat plate it was, and theyre lying about the last pair because they then sent me last week uhf's size 9/10, when they sent me octanes at the same size

Jun 26, 2007RamenRadio

Sam, go on AIM

Jun 26, 2007sam

Do you still have the octanes?

Jun 26, 2007RamenRadio

He said he gave them away.

Jun 26, 2007sam

OHhh ok. nevermind then.

Jun 26, 2007RamenRadio

I don't see you on AIM!

Jun 26, 2007SpiderSoaper

no they died off, i had no knowledge of soap back then, they were my friends shoes and i thought that they were somre fake heely and my friend told me to email them about shoes, and they said they would give me free plates, and they were octanes, yellow

Jun 26, 2007siuol7

I don't know what kind I didn't get them yet.
They said they were sending them out today.

Jun 26, 2007Megashadow77

I got plates, now I need shoes....

Jun 26, 2007MusicSoaper

Why get plates when you don't even have a pair? That's like getting pants without a shirt. No offense, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Jun 26, 2007Megashadow77

because, I KNOW I'm gonna get shoes eventually, so, I got the plates already.

Jun 26, 2007MusicSoaper

I guess being prepared is a good thing. But still though. But it's not my place to say. But yeah, what shoes are you getting?

Jun 26, 2007Megashadow77

I'm not sure, but I'm getting some plates for when i do.

Jun 26, 2007MusicSoaper

It might be a waste of you get soaps with non-replaceable plates, but you got them for free, so you can't go wrong at all with free stuff like i should be this week with the free plates.

Jun 26, 2007Megashadow77

I already have SOAPs with non-replacable plates, they're Expresses.

Which, don't get me wrong, is a great shoe. But, as Travis once said, I like variety.

Jun 26, 2007sam

You shouldnt be getting the soap plates just to have them, save them for the people that really need em.

Jun 26, 2007AnthoFlex

HSL never had any Octanes or Curb Busters to give out.

This was because the only way you could get those plates was to buy the shoe it came with. ex:

Crowbar: Curb Buster
Septum: Octanes

and so on.

The only ones they have available are the BBKs, Slobros, and Maxwells. This is because those 3 plates were always avaialble to purchase at the old Soapshoes.com site.

Jun 26, 2007AnthoFlex

Also,

Buying a different color of special shoes also got you different special plate. ex.

-Black/Yellow Crowbar: Yellow Curb busters
-Sunburst Septums: Yellow Octanes (soon switched to yellow Slobros)

-White Vectors- Blue Slobros

like that....damn, im good

Jun 26, 2007RamenRadio

lol yeah man.

Nevertheless, they should not neglect soap shoes!!!!!

D=<

Jun 26, 2007Megashadow77

Yeah! Screw them wheel huggers!

Jun 27, 2007MusicSoaper

You know that they aren't going to pay much attention to Soap shoes until their heelys economics fall from grace and have to resort to soaps as their last hope....but i doubt that will even happen. But i hope they come around soon. People are in need of some soaps.

Jun 27, 2007RamenRadio

They already have. Their stocks are so disgusting right not. It's actually going a couple of pennies up for the first time in nine days. :P
What pathetic losers they are. "HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF STOCKS!!!!"

Oh really? It looks like that stock is only worth 25 bucks ¬_¬

Jun 28, 2007MusicSoaper

Wow, even i could buy that....how sad. But i really hope that they make a comeback with soaps . I really do, or else i still suggest that we go up there with greatswords and fire and roast their stocks and take the shoe blueprints and make them ourselves.

Jun 28, 2007RamenRadio

I think you mean molds lol

Jun 28, 2007MusicSoaper

Yeah, that too =P

Jun 28, 2007Megashadow77

Woo!
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dan_H hittin a Frontside
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School
Drunk guy attracts a crowd of people.