Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Plan
Jun 16, 2007 by rhinoskater30

OK, I've seen a lot of Spam here lately, and I don't like it. How about we make a topic called "For Spammers" or something, that they can "advertise" whatever, and we never have to look in it to see what it is because we already know what it is and move on.

I know it won't stop spam and I do know it's silly but at least we could try to get rid of this.
Replies

Jun 17, 2007Hutch

Or we can use the email addresses of those spammers silly enough to post it and sign up to every junk mail going. That'll learn the bastards!

Jun 17, 2007pepsi

it's probably bots...might not be though

there was one solution that worked on a forum i go to...on the registration they put a question of "are you human?" and it worked, im not sure how though.

Jun 19, 2007iwantsoapshoes

"are you human" lol.

give me the url of that forum, i wanna sign up

Jun 19, 2007xJeremiahx

A lot of sites use similar technology. Have you ever seen those screens where there is a random box with text that you have to type befor it will let you enter anything? This is using the same technique.

Jun 19, 2007RamenRadio

There isn't anything to do. The only thing we have to stop spam is RSS, and it's raping members. I dunno what to do, but it depends on what broox wants to do really. Personally I don't care as long as a mod deletes it as soon as possible (not that the mods have been doing it ¬_¬), but I'm not exactly complaining.

It's not really up to what we can do, it's up to broox whenever he has time.

Jun 20, 2007SonicSoaper

Meanwhile in the Justice Hall, I don't use RSS so I'm not getting raped.

Jun 20, 2007iwantsoapshoes

what the hell is rss?

Jun 21, 2007RamenRadio

rss is the spam blocker derek has on solidgrind to prevent stupid spammers from leaking into the forums.

Jun 21, 2007AnthoFlex

RSS is retarded
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Tanner Gregory hittin a Frontside
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink
Louis Selby hittin a Farf
Amy Gerein hittin a Fastslide (see, chicks can soap too)
Jim Devereux hitting a frontside during the recent UKFSW trip to Ipswich, England.