Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
lame rail kinks
Jul 3, 2007 by Tank

alright so it seems every stair rail around here has this death kink at the very end, normally i just come off before i hit the kink hit and run or roll out. but i was watching one of the videos and the rode right through the kink. but when i tried yesterday on this small seven stair my front foot hit the bend so hard it through me face first to the ground. so im just wanted to know if any of you guys had any tips on hitting stair rail kinks.
Replies

Jul 3, 2007AnthoFlex

you talking about those almost 90 degree kinks?

Jul 3, 2007Page645

thats what im thinking he means

Jul 3, 2007SapAuthor

Hm... First, the faster you are going, the more a small kink will seem large. Also, i would tweak the leading foot out so it is level with the kink when you hit it (maybe with the back foot too, Royale it if possible). Bend your knees, keep your center of gravity, but if it's too kinked then don't kill yourself over it. ;-)

Jul 3, 2007Tank

yes the almost 90 degree ones, that are small at the bottom and rounded on the end, they are the spawn of satan

Jul 3, 2007Slidey

I just let my legs go slack and it doesn't seem to cause any problems because I don't put any pressure on it.

Jul 3, 2007xJeremiahx

I've never done one on with soaps but I have on a skateboard. It can't be much different.

Right before your front foot reaches the kink shift your weight onto your back foot *it may help to tweak the outside edge up a little too*

Once your front foot is passed the kink shift your weight onto your front foot and let your back foot follow you. Your back foot will more than likely not stick at all.

Jul 4, 2007Slidey

Yeah, Jeremiah's right if you want to CONTINUE grinding a rail after the kink, but it isn't vital with end of rail kinks.

Jul 4, 2007AnthoFlex

if its an end rail kink, just jump off.

Jul 4, 2007DarkVermillion

Yeah, when I went to Georgia I found a bunch of those in this shopping place (It had like dentist and banks,but the building looked th same. @.@) they were long and short, but most of them had that kink so I always jumped. xD
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Brett Dierker with a UFO
Zach hittin a makio at the Cedar Rapids demo
Jordan Pushing Aaron off a hand rail. Soap team at it's finest!
Strider Patton hittin a Fastslide
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater