Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Scorchers...Broadsides...Interested?
Jul 16, 2007 by AnthoFlex

Heres the deal guys:

This August, Myself (AnthoFlex), Trevor Fayas (SaPAuthor), and Steve Deel (Go2Crew) are heading over
to HSL to negotiate the re-release of the Scorcher and Broadside. However, without some re-assurance,
HSL will be most likely to shut the idea down.

This is where you come in. Are you interested in either the Scorcher or Broadside? Of course you are,
otherwise you wouldn't be reading this, hehe. We need you to email your:
Name, Age, Shoe size, and which one you would buy (Scorcher, Broadside, or BOTH-Only if you would buy 2 pairs) to BOTH email addresses of:

Renny "AnthoFlex" Castillo:
AnthoFlex@yahoo.com

Trevor Fayas:
Trevorfayas@sonicandpals.com

The Names and votes for shoes (Scorcher, Broadside, or BOTH) will be put onto a data sheet for HSL to see.
With enough re-assurance, you can bet to see the re-release of both the Scorcher and Broadside in the SS Soap Shop.

So come on people, lets get these numbers up. And soon, you'll get to be rockin the high-tech Soaps.
Replies

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Currently, the Broadside list is kicking the Scorcher list's ass, haha

Just the way I like it

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

The cool thing about BOTH the Broadside and Scorcher is that if HSL decides to re-release them, all you big feet out there (Sizes 13 and 14) will be covered because size 13 and 14 molds for both shoes already exist.

Jul 16, 2007shithappens

I'm interested. Anyway I would buy every shoe,because I have no soaps,but Iwould like to.have you also some grindplates for them. And what about your scabs,I asked you.

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

what about my Scabs?

Jul 16, 2007shithappens

Oh,sorry.they arn't removeable...shit

Jul 16, 2007shithappens

you said that you have 3 of them. i wanted to buy some opn ebay a few days ago,but now they are gone. so I asked you,if you coud sell me a pair.

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Scabs have removable plates dude...Mine currently have curb busters

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

One of the 3 is one that my friend gave me. The Navy ones. They are practically new considering I dunt really use em.

Jul 16, 2007Page645

i think since the broadsides are kicking ass they should replace the express with the scorcher

Jul 16, 2007broox

do you have any material to present? last time i tried to do this, they claimed that they lost the molds and all supporting materials for the shoes.

if not, you should study up on 'clinic in a can' - i have it ripped and could upload it.

they outline the materials used all of the shoes. and as you all know, the materials used in the scorcher is what made them popular. the running-shoe weight and feel is what made them awesome. simply mocking up another scorcher with inferior/different materials will not be sufficient.

same goes with the broadsides - except oppsite. the materials used in the broadsides were too cheap for such a complex shoe. the lowers often ripped in between the grindplates.

anyway, this is a big challenge, and has been somewhat tried before. if yall need help, let me know.

Jul 16, 2007RamenRadio

Actually I was a little curious if you could upload a FEW of the videos you already have up in a better quality. If you ever have the time to do that, it would be pretty sweet.

Jul 16, 2007RamenRadio

And yeah, replacing the express with the scorcher would be so sick man.

Jul 16, 2007Page645

oh i didn't know that they claim to have lost the supporting materials for the scorchers. there goes my idea. but yea that would be nice if u can upload clinic in a can

Jul 16, 2007Page645

my idea would have been sooooo sick man

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Hey Derek, if you have AIM, can you Instant Message Me at AnthoFlex ? I really would like to talk more about this

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

I have a copy of Clinic In A Can. I've studied every last bit of Soapshoes even before i got my hands on Clinic In A Can.

Clinic in a can just confirmed some questions that i have had left unanswered.

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

I'm making sure that i have some material to bring in.

2 Broadsides
1 Scorcher

And quite a few data sheets. I'm trying to remember what else.

They claimed to have lost the molds and all of that? How long ago was that? Because they just told us recently they have all the molds and that the reason they dunt release em is because its "cost-sensitive without proper re-assurance"

Jul 16, 2007Page645

"cost-sensitive" my ass

Jul 16, 2007dunk

"cost-sensitive without proper re-assurance" ...the hell? seems like they're trying to throw you off the scent with some ridiculously sophisticated money talk? Surely "not cost effective" would have sufficed. But I see what they're saying, without evidence that there's a potential market and scope for growth they're not going to act. Good luck with it though, hopefully you've got some impressive numbers to show them, have you got a date set for the meeting?

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Steve is taking care of that.

Thanx for wishing us luck

Jul 16, 2007SapAuthor

Business Jargon Translator:
Cost-Sensative without proper re-assurance = We don't think it's worth putting the money into, since we don't beleive we could sell enough to make a profit.

They do have all the molds, Steve was there when they handed over all the molds to HSL during the puchase.

Thanks Derek, we do have material, we have sales records, mass of surveys, and other things. We are going to put together a good presentation and really take it to them. Hopefully at least the broadsides will make it out, and in size 13 and 14, i need a new pair of SOAPs bad. Plus broadsides (as renny has shown and told me) are uber-comfertable, the soft rubber and lots of fuzzy padding.

But don't worry, I placed top 10 in the nation for E-commerce two years in a row, and the competition was putting together sales presentations (within 30 minutes i might add). Steve's been doing this type of stuff for a long while, and Renny, well he's Renny lol, he knows SOAPs like the back of his hand.

Plus at least now we have data to show that the shoes can and do sell, as well as who they are selling to (expecally that they are selling to the market that HSL hasn't been able to touch, teens and older teens, thus combining Heelys for little kids, and SOAPs for when they grow up, we can show HSL how to keep the market share).

plus, we're putting together a vid of team SSS, to show all the new SOAP stuff that's been going on.

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

NO offense Trev, but i need to combat the whole SSS video thing....

Dude, if you wanna build a successful team, you cant really just put noobs who havent even gotten their shoes yet into a list and say that they are a team member.

I think if you are gonna make an SSS video, you gotta find the people on the list who are actually Soaping, who can actually do WOW things. For example: You, Me, Trey Davis and Stuart Pickson (slidey).

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

and its true...i know Soap like the back of my own hand *looks at hand*

WTF IS THAT!

.....oops

Jul 16, 2007Page645

renny!!!! stop using HTML oops

Jul 16, 2007Page645

lol

Jul 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Dude, if you fuck this page up with that stupid HTML shit, i swear

Jul 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Unbelievable dude....Un-fucking believable

Nice fucking job. This is the ONE thread about the re-release of the Scorchers and Broadsides. We've got important comments, and you do the HTMl shit.....unbelievable

Jul 17, 2007Page645

sorry

Jul 17, 2007AnthoFlex

who fixed the HTML last time, until someone uses the correct HTML to fix this, NO REPLING!

Jul 17, 2007Page645

i wont do it again i promise!

Jul 17, 2007Page645

and trav fixed it last time i think

Jul 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Jul 17, 2007RamenRadio

H/O, let me try again.

Jul 17, 2007shithappens

hey, anthoflex what size are the scabs,which you din't use?

Jul 17, 2007Slidey

Oh shit, I can't believe I missed this O.O
1 Broadside email coming right up ;)

Jul 17, 2007AnthoFlex

The Scabs are:

Navy, Size 10

Jul 17, 2007RamenRadio

Is the page looking okay for you guys again, or do I have to do some more HTML end tags?

Jul 17, 2007broox

quick question - what is your motivation for getting the broadsides released as opposed to the a-sides? is it because there are already molds made for the broadsides?

from my experience with both, the a-side is a much, much better shoe. however, cost/risk factor is probably the biggest concern for HSL. re-releasing the broadsides will probably keep cost lower than introducing the a-sides. however, in the long run, the a-side is a much better shoe.

i guess the best approach would be to start with the broadsides - it would probably be easier to talk them into that. but maybe name drop the a-sides just to see how they feel.

and again, i'm always here to help. i've been in the game since 99 and have plenty of ammo.

Jul 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Thats exactly the reason we are choosing the Broadside over the A-side. The molds for the Broadside already exist in 3-14 (Blue being the only 14)

HSL would be very bitchy in making different sizes for the A-side.

I remember one time though that they said they would have no problem selling A-sides if we ordered a minimum of 500-600. Obviously:

1. they were messing with us
2. It wasnt worth it...not everyone is a size 9.

But yea, if you wanna help, by all means, haha. Everyone has a part in this.

Jul 17, 2007RamenRadio

The big reason for the broadsides being brought back instead of the asides is because apparently so many more people want broadsides back than asides. The list didn't go very high when it was a list for asides. But the broadsides list is going crazy. It doesn't necessarily mean the asides are a bad shoe. I'm just guessing that since they were not released, people were questionable about how well they would be. However, that's only my guess.

Jul 17, 2007Page645

ummmmmmmmm.....renny sorry bout the html tag i dont know why the fuck it keeps doing that and i know i'm ending it correctly

Jul 17, 2007shithappens

anthoflex do you know somebody who has scabs in 11 or 12 or any other shoe? I want to have soap but I cant find some.

Jul 17, 2007SapAuthor

although, broox has a point there. Renny, what do you say suggesting also in there the possibility of bringing te A-side instead of eitehr braodside or scorcher? I mean it has the speedster plate, AND the lateral, so everyone's happy. I think we should suggest it at least.

"Tons of people want the broadside, take a look, and a decent amount of people want the scorchers out of the two. Now if we had to pick i we would do , but just an idea is to spend some time and make the A-Side in all sizes and get EVERYONE. Plus, every SOAPer pretty much wants the A-sides, they are the holy grail of SOAPs"

I'll talk to steve about it. Thanks though Broox for the suggestion.

Broox, also, have you thought about restarting team SOAP? Forget the corperate sponsor and just get back out and show the world SOAPs again? Most of Team soap is dead.

Jul 17, 2007SapAuthor

Hey broox, my email is trevorfayas@sonicandpals.com, can you send me an email and arrange a way to talk? I want to know mroe about the Aside, and maybe get renny and steve on, and have a massive chat, since you said you have tried to get some new soaps out.

I'll talk it over with everyone, but if you want to tag along to the meeting, i don't think steve or renny will be too apposed, Renny's brining the broadside and Scorchers, Steve the express, we could use you to represent the Aside.

Jul 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Jul 17, 2007ordnanceflint91

i know its been a while since i posted, but Renny and Trev, lets get these broadsides back atleast. ill buy atleast one pair of each

Jul 18, 2007SapAuthor

we're working on it, trust me lol.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
A kid sliding on the Soap Van
Dude sliding a rail on the Soap Van at the Summer Slam demo
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School
Zach Larson hittin a Royale