Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Messed up grinding
Jul 20, 2007 by Joshua3109

Whenever I go to grind ledges I feel more confident with my right foot going in back and then when i go to grind something a little higher like a bike rack I feel more comfortable Hitting it with my left foot in back but then when im hitting something higher like a hand rail I use my right foot in back. Anyone else encounter this?
Replies

Jul 20, 2007AnthoFlex

eevryone is different dude. Grind however suits you

Jul 21, 2007Joshua3109

Haha ya I thought I might get a answer like that.

Jul 21, 2007AnthoFlex

well, its the truth

Jul 21, 2007AnthoFlex

i remember when i first started Soaping and on the tag of my shoes it said i should go back foot first- which already sounded wrong to me.

Nonetheless, i try it for awhile, bust my ass multiple times, and try going front-foot first (which im used to since i sk8) and that worked waaaaaaay better for me

Jul 22, 2007vault

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1420/5340305/10770741/267121487.jpg" border="0" alt="Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com">

Jul 22, 2007vault

oh crap srry guys fudge
testing out some images my bad wont happen again
-Devyn

Jul 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Thats random, haha. But cool.

Reminds me of this real Soap deck i have

Jul 22, 2007vault

yeah check out my post

-Devyn

Jul 22, 2007xJeremiahx

Yeah I do front foot first. And I do back foot first when I do switch grinds. I guess it is because I jump off my right foot and I put my left foot on first either way.

Jul 22, 2007RamenRadio

Actually, a little while ago I did feel something similar to this. I'm a goofy foot just like you Josh, I put my left leg locked on before my right leg when I do a front side. And sometimes if a rail is high enough, I don't feel like I can jump onto it. So I feel like the only way to jump onto it safely would be to do it regular foot.

However, you shouldn't switch from one foot to the other foot. It WILL get you confused when the time comes.

This is all you have to do. Improve on your jumping before you jump on that rail or a rail that is that high.Then you will feel better about using your front foot first instead of your right foot. You just need to feel comfortable about using your front foot on that high of a rail, and to feel that comfort, you just need to think about these two variables.

1: Locking onto the rail

2: Jumping high enough.

If you are struggling to jump onto that rail, naturally you won't feel to comfortable or safe about doing it. HOWEVER, if you increase how high you can jump, you'll feel a lot more safer about using your front foot before your backfoot.

I used to have the SAME problem as you man, but not anymore :D

I hope what I said will help you out Josh.

Jul 22, 2007Megashadow77

I always go front foot first. Back foot, I can't jump as high, and it screws my balance up.

Jul 22, 2007RamenRadio

ALRIGHT MICHAEL!!!

GOOFY FOOT SOAPERS UNITE! lol :D

Jul 22, 2007RamenRadio

ALRIGHT MICHAEL!!!

GOOFY FOOT SOAPERS UNITE! lol :D

Jul 22, 2007Megashadow77

HELL YEAH! *high five*

Jul 22, 2007Joshua3109

haha thanks

Jul 23, 2007Locke

I'm goofy too!

Let's start the Goofy Club!

Jul 23, 2007Locke

Jul 23, 2007Locke

...On second though, never mind. Forget I said that.

Jul 23, 2007sam

i just got back from the hospital, my elbow has a slight fracture. He says i should keep it easy and not soap but i say fuck that.

Jul 23, 2007Megashadow77

Jul 23, 2007xJeremiahx

At least wear an elbow pad. No need to further injure yourself.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Hugh Hermes hittin a Frontside
Herr Blunt hittin a Frontside
Jeremy Koch hittin a Frontside
Brennan hittin a Backside
Dario Nieva hittin a Fastslide