Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Scabs or Express
Aug 9, 2007 by JVilleSoaper

I have a buddy who has new scabs that he would give to me for about the same price as the express shoes go for. Ive done my research but cant make up my mind. The express is lighter and has some extra technology the scab doesnt, but the scabs are original soaps and im just not sure which one would be better for a beginner. Any info?
Replies

Aug 9, 2007AnthoFlex

Considering the Express is lighter, has a longer lasting plates, and a brake bar. I would say go for that. Express have a Polyurithane Midsole and Sock liner which are pillow soft, and give you great foot protection. If you can score an Express with a Phylon midsole and Polyurithane Sock liner, thats even better. even more cushy and comfy

I say this because the scabs most likely have UHF original plates (which suck ass), and are heavy as a bitch. Also, people say the Scabs can become uncomfortable

Aug 9, 2007JVilleSoaper

thanks

Aug 9, 2007RamenRadio

I like scabs and BBK combo.

However, I recommend express first. It's a better start off shoe when you just started soaping. it's a great soap shoe too. :D

Aug 9, 2007SapAuthor

Scabs have the same sole as the cleans, which is a VERY hard rubber, and little to not cushion. Personally, i really don't like my cleans, barely ware them cuz my feet hurt. Express have either the hard rubber but a air bubble (old ones) or the new ones have the soft squishy rubber (very cushiony), so comfort wise you are best going with that. The only thing scabs have over cleans is probably last a bit longer and they have UHF replaceable plates. Maybe if you get some gel inserts the scabs won't be so bad, but also remember buying Express helps in the fight to bring back more models like broadside and scorchers, both of which are extremely comfortable.

Aug 9, 2007matrix8967

I have scabs, cleans, and express...i like my cleans because of their looks...scabs and cleans are virtually the same, and they can be uncomfortable for a big landing, or standing a lot, etc. but i still love them to death. but, if you're looking for comfort and speed...express is the way to go. and they look pretty good too...express also help the sssoapshop so do what you like...here are the basic pros and cons from my view:

Express: comfy/shock absorbing. express plate is super good. helps soap. cemented plate.

Scabs: good lookin. tough. they MAY or MAY NOT come with UHF (either UHF or Slo-Bro) Slo-bro's are good on rails, not so much on curbs...and they don't help the soap shop.

Aug 9, 2007RamenRadio

Trevor, what color cleans do you have?

Aug 9, 2007AnthoFlex

Black

Aug 9, 2007SapAuthor

Thanks Renny.

Why, you got a size 13 foot?

Aug 9, 2007Megashadow77

He'sa got a 12!

Aug 9, 2007RamenRadio

I fit into 13 too, that's why I was asking. I dunno if I'm asking a stupid question, but would you want to sell me those cleans?

Aug 9, 2007SapAuthor

I may ebay them or something, if i can fix up my boltars

Aug 10, 2007MusicSoaper

Do they have a different set of plates on them
or the UHFs?

Aug 11, 2007matrix8967

i personally love my black cleans...they're my favs as far as style...as fars as comfort...it's a tie between my express and my ords...however, my broads would have been amazing had they not been a size to small.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Danny Lynch with a backside at the Korean Bell, Palos Verdes
soapy hittin a UFO on a home made box
Jordan hittin a Fakie Freestyle Backslide
Baker hittin a Frontside
Loren dalla betta hittin a UFO on handrail