Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Having a problem wearing grooves in my Express
Aug 14, 2007 by Locke

Alright, I've been trying to wear some nice grooves into my plates ever since I got them. Every time I run across an object that looks Soap-able, I grind it, or at least run my shoes along it with my foot tweaked. When I get bored I'll take my shoes off and rub the plate on whatever's nearby (usually a curb) to try and get a groove going. After a few months of doing this type of thing nearly every day, my Express plates look almost the same as they did after my first week of soaping. They simply will not wear down, and I have no idea what to do to get them to do so. Any ideas?
Replies

Aug 14, 2007AnthoFlex

Let this show that Express plates last longer than all the plates.

Aug 14, 2007sam

ok, what you want to do is wear your shoes while rubbing them across a ledge or a curb, the weight combined should be enough to wear in a decent groove.

Aug 15, 2007vault

yeah sams right wear them. also u shouldnt get bored of them. their SOAPS! wat did u do when u first got them? all i know was i was jumping for joy!

Aug 15, 2007Locke

I do have my foot in the shoe a lot of the time when I do this. And I'm not bored of the shoes themselves, vault, I mean bored in general. XD

Aug 15, 2007SapAuthor

Express have great grooves to start with, but you can take renny's approach and use a knife (be extremely careful) to cut a groove in.

A word of warning though, be in a well ventilated area if you are going to sand/cut a groove in, the plastic is not good to inhale, not meant to inhale lol.

Aug 15, 2007Go2Crew

Say Renny, this discussion brings to mind the hot-iron Octane groove you made in the BBK plates you were showing me the other week. If you have a photo HTML load it here to give them an idea of what it looks like, OK?
-- Steve

Aug 15, 2007Megashadow77

Hey, everybodah, it's Steve!

Aug 16, 2007SapAuthor

Yeah, steve's back after a horrible week of bad flights and late nights.

Also, if anyone does try the hot iron method, MAKE SURE to be in a well ventalated area, again. When you burn and melt the nylon plastic, it releases some stuff that isn't good to sniff at all.

Aug 17, 2007DarkVermillion

Oh man, I didn't have a problem, probably cause I grinded every thing in sight, usually in frontside, but my frontside is weird, my back foot is frontside, while my back foot is royale (Tweaked outward) so the inside of my left plate was extremely well grooved. But now I only use my Ords cause I gave my expresses to make friend Thomas, and we were grinds a sweet ledge today. But what I did is find a sharp ledge, grind it in every position, and get a "V" groove, it works just as good as a cupped groove, and takes less time.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a stickin a backslide
Derek Brooks hittin a Royale
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale on the way to the STL Demo
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside