Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
All Solidgrind members must read this...
Oct 1, 2007 by AnthoFlex

I'm gonna be the first one to say this and hopefully i will never have to say it again, so you listen, and you listen good...

Everyone here on solidgrind meets here for what? To promote and bring back soapshoes, correct?

Why in the hell do you all insist on fighting with each other, putting up stupid comments, flaming, and putting others down? Why? Even in the old bad-ass days of Soap, none of the oldies would EVER talk to each other the way people on here do. Yes they were good, and they were badasses, but they never put each other down. Instead, they promoted by helping each other and posting new videos and pictures. Not even the Heelers on the Heely forums flame the shit outta each other. Whats wrong with all of you?

What ever happened to just promoting? Having fun? Trying to become the best WITHOUT stepping all over everyone else? I can honestly say, with all this stupidness going around, i am ashamed- YES I SAID IT. I AM ASHAMED to be part of this new soap generation. We look like a bunch of fucking roaches when someone turns on the light. All running around in circles not doing anything about the person with the size 15 boot whoes gonna step on us.

Am i boring you? Too bad, read the rest of this before you decide to flame me:

Everyone right now, stop hating on both Heelys, and HSL. They are NOT the enemy here. You all think they are the enemy because they aren't putting any money and time into what it is we like to do. Can you blame them? All the flamers here are a bunch of retards. And all the other retards who follow.

Seriously, what example are we trying to set here? That Soaps are about fun, and that they are kickass, right? So why in the hell do we continue fighting, and flaming? Letme tell you, if Solidgrind were an actual city in real life, there'd be bombs going off and people getting killed everywhere.

I'm saying all of this because i got off the phone with a very special person from HSL the other day. She told me simply that HSL indeed does see the sharp increase in Soap awareness, but you wanna know why they aren't doing anything about it? Imma point at myself, and all of you better point at yourselves.

We are the reason they arent doing anything about the revival. Believe me, if we acted a bit more civilized, then they would Definetely put more promotion and allow more retailers to stock our favorite shoes.

We have gradually brought up the awareness of Soap, we've done a GREAT job on that. I cant say that we've haven't because look at ALL of what we've got done...the list is ENDLESS... But it's the image of soap that we have hurt.

I know everyone reading this has their fingers pounding across the letters of their keyboards ready to tell me off and tell me how wrong I am, but before you do....Re-read all of this, re-read it twice more if you need to...and think about what im saying in each and every sentence, then look inside yourself and see whats going on. If you still have the need to flame me and/or tell me I'm wrong, then you obviously either didnt read all of this correctly, or you are just so damn ignorant.

...so yea...

Oh, one more thing, EVERYONE at HSL reads the comments and the threads here on Solidgrind. Right down to the janitor's that scrub the floors. They all find us very amusing, so lets all take a bow people....we've made complete fools of ourselves...

Thats it, im through here, lets hear what you guys gotta say...
Replies

Oct 1, 2007Page645

renny i agree we all need to just stop hating on each other and on HSL THEY arent the problem WE are(as renny stated earlier)
so come on and i've been thinking about leaving this site but i gave it another chance BBUT the things that makes me want to leave is not the hating but wat we do after it i mean we all hate then all of a sudden we all go im sorry i love and all that bull but then we go "IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN" but guess wat? NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO we go and start going at each others throat just freaking stop! if another thing like the rest that has hapeened i swear I WILL LEAVE THIS SITE AND CONDEMN THE NEW SOAPERS I GET TO COME TO THIS SITE AND TRUST ME I ALREADY HAVE BECAUSE OF ALL THIS HORSE SHIT . so theres my end

Oct 2, 2007SpiderSoaper

i was always like that myself, all i really wanted was for people to vote for soaps,not against heelys....hell i have a pair of heelys, even after i got 2 pairs of soaps...then again incase i did anything wrong myself(even though i dont know), then sorry renny

Oct 2, 2007Altman

A deep, dark belief of mine has finally been verified and brought into the light. Thank you for telling us the truth about all this crap, Renny. It was time for a wake-up call.

Oct 2, 2007AnthoFlex

Hopefully it'll strike a chord in some of these people.

Make em keep their mouths shut and their eyes and ears open

Oct 2, 2007blakeashake

Let me just say that someone was going to have to say this sooner or later. And i can honestly say that i am one of the people who walk around and blame everything bad that has happened to soaps on Heelys.

Oct 2, 2007DarkVermillion

Agreed. Soaps aren't going to move an inch without our help, we are the only thing holding this up. But we choice to bitch at each other because someone made a bad comment, damn people, get over it. I didn't get to where I am by flaming some dude because he thinks Goa YellowJackets are fugly (And they aren't, I would fuck that shoe.) But I actually tried, I wish I could do more, but I can't, I can't make plates like Renny is doing, and I can't sell shoes like Trevor is doing, the only thing I can do is mention it to people and hope when I grind something they say, "Wow, what are those?" Besides that, I've been putting my neck and balls on the line for some sick ass pictures, that hopefully will make HSL's mouth drop to the fucking floor because I know that no fucking heeler would hit a 14 and ROLL AWAY, you can bet on that. I won't stop until it's perfect either, I didn't most of my big rails about 20 times each before I got a decent picture because they were so fast. But seriously guys, go out, hit some rails, and maybe you'll realize that we're not trying to show who has the biggest rail *hint hint* but why we love these shoes and want to see them progress.

Oct 2, 2007iwantsoapshoes

hear,hear!

Oct 2, 2007SapAuthor

I think a lot of problems are starting cuz HSL isn't helping out though. If they started to support soaps now, we would all band together i think, plus if we got some larger size shoes we wouldn't be squabbling over the scraps of the old Soap days.

I don't know about you all, but i'm feeling a bit run down after pushing soaps for so long and still no hard help from HSL. I am not saying they truly aren't interested, but if they are interested and just biding their time, it's not going to help any bit.

To me it's kind of like watching a hungry person and only feeding them if they don't complain of hunger.

I mainly just want HSl to start making larger sizes, i think that would really help that have bigger feet (which is a large amount). I don't mind getting Express, even after having Boltars. Express still prevented my feet from being hurt and i was able to do some nice grinds on them. I just need a shoe i can fit into.

Oct 2, 2007Kru

I remember in the beginning when Soaps first where around. We had a little following in our school with soaps. But that same group is the one that made me loose interest in them. I only knew how to front side then and people kept putting me down "Is that the only thing you know?" I had no idea I was just having fun. It made me feel like crap so I threw them in the closet and never wore them again. By the time I wanted to use them again my feet grew too big. The problem why they died isn't because of true soapers. Its because it was a trendy thing. Since they were aimed towards inliners which inliners generally don't like them anyways and the trend eventually died as anything else. They faded. Heelys are kind of a saint in a way as they've kept the shoe somewhat alive. All you need is a spark to light the fire. If HSL knows any better then they know heelys are a trend and probably will die soon as well. So they gotta make up somewhere in the future.

Oct 2, 2007Soapdreamer

The problem is that the can't just release soaps after the heeleys loses popularity because that would seem to the general public a last second change to the company to keep it alive instead of a revival of an older brand.

Oct 2, 2007matrix8967

Agreed. a SolidGrind divided against its self will not stand. :)

I've been on the "stfu seriously" band wagon since like april...but renny provided hard proof to everyone. Thank you Renny.

Oct 3, 2007Jard39

i totally agree because ive been checking but ive just been skipping over half the topics because its all fighting. well said about time someone said something

Oct 3, 2007vault

i also been flaming ppl mew to the scene. srry guys. like pixel, green, moose, i want. i look at this forum and i c lots of honest n cool guys hec we sometimes even call each other by our real names. i like this forum n renny ur rite we do look like assholes at times. and now i think we all know things are about to change...

Oct 3, 2007Slidey

People who are good at something because they are dedicated dont flame

If you're wasting your time complaining and blaming things on other people you aren't doing your sport justice.

I know you don't see me on here much anymore, and that's NOT because I have abandoned soaping, but it's because whenever I come on here there are mostly arguments, and I don't have time for that sort of stuff.

Anyways, peace out guys, nd everyone keep trying ;)

Oct 3, 2007Slidey

Oct 3, 2007Slidey

Sorry about the html edit

Oct 3, 2007Soapdreamer

We need to do some cool fun thing on the forums here that isn't harmful to anyone.Something that will increase how well poeple feel while this forum.

Oct 3, 2007iwantsoapshoes

slidey do you ever soap around Covent Gardens in london?

Oct 3, 2007Slidey

hmm, if I did it was a long time ago, I hang around the southbank area sometimes though

Oct 6, 2007greenfire8484

I just want to thank Renny for this topic. As I'm sure very few have noticed and no one has cared about, I haven't been on lately. Why? Because of the flaming. I say anything and I get flamed. We are here, like Renny said, to be a community of Soapers that are helping each other out and trying to revive a fun thing. But all I've seen around here is flame wars, about stupid things, too! People have been trashing on HSL, and I admit, I do it too. I'm not gonna pretend to be innocent. I've given in to flamers and I've said bad stuff about HSL. But this place is just getting out of hand.

I came here a newb to Soaping with a pair of Evolution Heelys who could barely do a frontside, and I got flamed for having Heelys. But, I was still supporting Soaps.
What I'm saying is that we need less flamers who hate on Heelys, and more Soapers who love to Soap and wanna bring it back.
Once again, I will say, I've flamed Heelys. But now, I've realized that it's getting out of hand, and that we need to stop.
And I know that all my flamers are gonna see this and not think twice and start flaming me, but I hope the rest of you know what I'm saying here.

Oct 6, 2007greenfire8484

Is the bold code
[b]This?[/b] with brackets or
With those arrowy thingys?

Oct 6, 2007iwantsoapshoes

oh, cool. if i ever go round there and see you, ill give you a shout yeah?

Oct 10, 2007Deadmoose

lol I pwnd myself

renny officially gained my support he no longer has his head up his ass

props to renny gl to you dude seriouslly

Oct 10, 2007AnthoFlex

no problem dude, haha
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Orr Whartman hittin a Dragon Makio
Corey Desrochers hittin a Cab Driver
Stefan D hittin a phat farfenugen