Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
tWo promo video in journeys
Oct 18, 2007 by AnthoFlex

Ok guys, heres the deal. I just finished creating a demo in-store promo tape of the tWo teaser (which 4 minutes long)

The promo is about 1 to 1 1/2 hour long. And as soon as i get this sucker copied to DVD, im gonna be making about 50+ copies of it so that i can give it out to people who are willing to give it in to their local journey's and pacsuns managers. Only trustworthy people.

DO NOT KEEP THE VIDEOS! They are an hour and a half long of the same 4 minute teaser! All of those who help will receive their very own copy of the tWo teaser video for themselves.

For those who do recieve these videos. I do not want to see any copies, or any of the copies ripped to Youtube, myspace, or any of that. These videos deserve to be seen in the high quality of the original. Compression makes soap video look like shit.

Anyone who is interested, just comment below. As soon as i get the copies, i'll bump this up again to discuss who will get copies of tWo teaser.
Replies

Oct 18, 2007AnthoFlex

Before everyone starts commenting giant "YAYS!" and whatever, read what i wrote above carefully......CAREFULLY

Oct 18, 2007SapAuthor

U know u can hook me up renny, I don't need a ton of them though, there's 1 journies store nearby, so sned me a single DVD

Oct 18, 2007RamenRadio

I know of about two or three journey's within my hometown.

Oct 18, 2007AnthoFlex

i have an actual in-store promo of the Big O-Four Fathers, and it runs for 90 minutes...

But i dont think people will take a bunch of soapers in costumes seriously. They'll just stare, point, and laugh

Oct 18, 2007AnthoFlex

first i gotta get this VHS converted to DVD

Oct 18, 2007RamenRadio

So you found out how to do it?

Oct 18, 2007AnthoFlex

No, i still have to find a place to do it

Oct 18, 2007SpiderSoaper

i'll accept it if it's okay with u antho, there are 3 pacsuns and 3 journeys that i know so it wont be a problem, but the thing is how will i approach them to ask them, and will i just be simply giving it to them and letting them keep it?

Oct 18, 2007xJeremiahx

Renny, I am in the I.T. department where I work and part of my job is converting VHS to dvd. If you want I would be glad to help out.

Oct 18, 2007xJeremiahx

Also, I can help hand these out. I've seen plenty of pacsuns in sothern california. I will have to check to see how many I can find localy.

Oct 18, 2007AnthoFlex

good good. Anyone else?

Oct 18, 2007Deadmoose

lol I wouldn't do it xD id be like sure and never get around to it

sorry

Oct 18, 2007xJeremiahx

I just checked the pacsun website and there are 6 stores within 30 miles of me.

Oct 18, 2007matrix8967

I'm automatically in for anything that I can do to help.

Oct 18, 2007DarkVermillion

Oh, this sounds fun, finally, I can do something for soaps, I'm in!

Oct 18, 2007DarkVermillion

Oh, I have 1 pacsun down here, so you don't have to send me much. xD

Oct 18, 2007blakeashake

I'm up for it i have a few journeys here in buffalo and a bunch of Pacsuns.

Oct 18, 2007RamenRadio

Actually, there were a few places I was interested in showing soap shoes to. Since they were previous sellers that is. Other than the couple of Journey's and those few spots, I dunno anywhere else to check. I'll look around just in case though.

Oct 18, 2007sam

Yeah there are soo many pac suns here in buffalo.

Oct 18, 2007RamenRadio

Actually, maybe if we are giving this trailer for free, maybe we could give them free copies of oNe. since we are not allowed to sell that DVD, maybe we could just give that away to the retailers, not just a tWo trailer copy.

Just a suggestion. If ONLY we could get a copy of oNe.

Oct 18, 2007AnthoFlex

I'd rather just give away the two teaser. For these reasons:

1. Its a repeated 4 minute soap video for an hour and a half.

2. In the teaser, theres NON-STOP soaping. In the full version and in the oNe video, there are funny moments, and moments that dont involve soaping. For example, theres a part in oNe where this guy comes up to relate asking for beer.

3. There are absolutely no bails in the tWo teaser. We dont need to scare off potential interest. Grinding on shoes isn't exactly "known". We dont need people to think that there is a high risk for injury

Oct 18, 2007AnthoFlex

....even though there is

and besides, when you guys see the video, you'll agree with me

Oct 19, 2007RamenRadio

I hope you mean see oNe antho :P

lol, but yeah, I get what you are saying. I didn't know that oNe included some of those scenes. It is funny to see a bail every now and then, but you don't want that to be a first impression.

And I wouldn't say there is a high risk for injury. That was never the case with me, even though I had a few bails.

Oct 19, 2007ordnanceflint91

Renny get me a couple of copies. i have a few places here that might be interested...no journeys or pacsun tho and also your shoes will be on the way by monday...gotta wait on my mom to give me the cash to ship them

Oct 19, 2007greenfire8484

I'm in. If you want me to be.

Oct 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Anyone who wants to help is welcome

Oct 20, 2007guero12

id like to help with this also

Oct 20, 2007SpiderSoaper

I wanna help, i'll do it, i'll go to those pacsun and/or journeys and explain, so if u can Antho hook me up pleez

Oct 20, 2007AnthoFlex

Spider, you still sending the rail? We got demos lining up and i need an extra rail. As soon as you send the rail/boltars, i'll send over the BBKs and Stickers

Oct 20, 2007Megashadow77

Demos lining up? oooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo.

Oct 20, 2007AnthoFlex

Hell yea, better believe it

Oct 20, 2007Megashadow77

Yeah, I hope this one gets some video!

Oct 20, 2007BLUSH

I know of a journey's and pac sun at the local mallz. If you want to send me 2 i'll hook it up. I live in Louisville, Ky so itz not exactly a major city but soap really needs all the help it can get.

Oct 22, 2007Tank

yo man we have three journey's and a pacsun in the mall i work in. id be glad to help plus i know the manager at the journeys

Oct 23, 2007AnthoFlex

I managed to make a successful tWo teaser demo promo DVD. It plays the tWo teaser for an hour and 4 minutes. Then you have to hit menu, then choose the first scene again.

Its kinda sucks though because the quality isnt as great as the original. The picture is perfect, its just 1 frame is skipped every second. It isnt too noticable though.

Now to make copies of this thing

Oct 23, 2007Jard39

ok not to sound pessimistic or anything but why would journeys and pac sun play a trailer for a product they don't sell

Oct 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Jard brought up a really good point that i failed to mention earlier, stupid me....

Here's what the plan was originally:

Trev and I have already talked to HSL, and they are going to call the reps for journeys to see if they would like for free soap demos to be done (by yours truly of course) in their stores.

It wouldn't cost Journey's a dime considering i'm willing to do them for free, granted they set up a corner or something for me to set up. I'll be bringing my own 3 rails, 5 demo shoes, special waivers releasing HSL and Journeys of liability, and 100's of soap stickers. Along with all of those things, i would bring my closest friends (who i know can soap well) to help assist with the demo. (Setting up, representing, wearing soap shirts, soaping, giving out swag)

I'm also bringing the tWo teaser demo promo for them to play during the demo. A video like that will hit people so hard, they'll want to at least try out soaping, if not, buy a pair. Someone who sees whats actually possible on soaps through the tWo promo would have no question and would immediately get a pair.

I doubt journeys would have a problem with something like that, considering that it wont cost them a thing and they have nothing to lose, just gain.

The demos would increase awareness and bring people to want to buy soaps in journeys, and thus, journeys agreeing to stock soaps.

Imagine how many people coming into the giant journeys down in times square trying on soaps? Awareness and demand would greatly shoot up. And i would have the manager tell the customers that they are going to stock soaps "soon" if they are interested. If what they see is to their liking, why wouldn't they put them back on their shelves?

I know what you guys are thinking:

"Dude, you're crazy. Why are you willing to do FREE demos? Thats a loss for you"

Maybe if you think so, but i feel i have nothiing to lose, and besides, its for Soap. And everyone here knows that im a 100% soap-a-holic, haha

Oct 23, 2007iwantsoapshoes

im in the uk, so we got no journeys or pacsuns

Oct 23, 2007Jard39

sweet i wasn't flamed to hell and thats a great idea it will probobbly work

Oct 23, 2007Altman

You know I've been waiting for Genesco and HSL to give the okay for this for a long time now. When are these demos becoming a reality?

Oct 23, 2007AnthoFlex

That reminds me, where the hell is Trevor?

He was supposed to make the call
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
These guys kicked me out of the mall for soaping that day
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at Wash U
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
James Spino hittin a UFO
Brennan hittin a Backside