Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Finally. :]
Feb 16, 2008 by DarkVermillion

I got in some soaping today, I haven't been able to with all the homework and projects, but I did today. :]
It felt pretty good. :]
Replies

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

I love the feeling. Even though I tend to be sketchy from the lack of practice.

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Soaping's getting kinda boring for me b/c all I have is a little practice rail. So is heeling, actually....lol....

I miss the outside =(

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

Kain,

What tricks can you do on soaps?

If you can't do much than try some more tricks and some harder tricks. I know that for me when I do a new trick my love for soaping grows.

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

^This only makes me want sole plates more.

Feb 16, 2008Kain

On my practice rail,
Cheesegrater, Backside Cheesegrater, Frontside, Backside, Fatslide, Freestyle Fatslide, Unity, Switch, Backslide, Freestyle Backslide, Christ Grind, Soul Stealer

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Oh wait I forgot......UFO, Royale, Farf

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

Nice tricks. Try out some royale/farf tricks or ufo, cab driver...exc....there are still plenty of tricks to learn.

Feb 16, 2008DarkVermillion

What the fuck is a soul stealer? o.o

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Jerimiah,
never tried a cab driver lol

DarVermillion, it's a trick I invented

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

What does a soul stealer look like?

do you have any pics of video of it?

Feb 16, 2008Kain

I have a vid, but it's not good b/c my rail isn't big enough. If this makes any sense....:

It's a freestyle fatside, then a backside switch to a freestyle fatslide on the other foot

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

Sounds pretty cool. I'm still confused as to what a "fatslide" is. Is it similar to a "fastslide"?

Good or not I would like to see it. Do you have a link?

Feb 16, 2008Kain

It's really hard, I only landed it once on vid, and it's not very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhKzsuIuyzI

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

Want to know what is sad? I actualy watched and commented on that video.

It looks hard. I couldn't do it.

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Actually no, it's not hard on my rail even though it's square. It's a lot easier if you know how to do a backside cheesy and one foot in both directions

Feb 16, 2008AnthoFlex

Thats actually a really quick Free Fastslide stall to a sloppy Switch Free Fastslide

At least ur improvising...on a PR, but still.

Kinda reminds me of this trick i tried to do a few times. I know its a real trick, i just don't know the name of it, i just call it an Inward-Grater

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Antho,
well I told you it wasn't a good vid, but it's the only one I have of it :P

Feb 16, 2008AnthoFlex

Honestly though, being able to do a Farf/royale/ufo/fastslide/etc etc. on a 3 foot Practice rail doesn't necessarily mean you can "do" them, if you know what i mean. You holding that one position for 3/4 of a second on a P.R doesn't mean you "have" that trick in your arsenal.

Hold the trick on something like an actual handrail, or a higher ledge, for longer.

Anyone can tweak their ankles for a split second or a practice rail and go celebrate that they can do "this and that"

Feb 16, 2008Revengasaur

Yeah... I thought I had farfs too. I got a pretty decent one on a taller rail, then after that for some reason... I can't bend from my knees anymore? It's weird. I tried to CG a tall thing. It was bad. I guess I have Frontsides and backsides and FS/BS UFO's with either foot. (the wrongfoot backsides/UFO's are a little sketchy, but they go) Front cheese on littler stuff, Fastslide/free & norm. This is all stuff I've taken to at least knee high rails... Everything else I'm working on.

Feb 16, 2008AnthoFlex

I'll never be able to do Fastslides...its just not in me.

Unless you wanna call those things were you shoot out, but dont fall Fastslides...yea, i can do those, but not regular ones.

I can backslide with no problem, but only on vert handrails

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Antho,
I know, it sucks. I've gotten a lot better at my foot placement, but on this tiny rail, I can't practice getting distance at all.

Revengasaur,
good luck with that =D

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Antho,
yeah, it's hard for me to do a backslide on a horizontal rail or curb

Feb 16, 2008sam

Kain, i recommend buying a 10ft piece of pvc pipe if you want to cleanly do that without stalling, because you want to be able to hold the trick for as long as possible.

Feb 16, 2008Revengasaur

At first I was doing the "shoot out" fastslides, but for some reason I was like "no... this is the wrong way to do this" So I learned to actually get my weight above one foot and lock in. "locking in" with one foot is a pretty odd feeling. I haven't even attempted unities yet... I fear for my ankles.

Feb 16, 2008Kain

I've attempted them. Only landed it once though.

I'm hoping to get a pvc pipe soon and make a longer rail
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink
Quinn Padgett's Detention for Soaping at School
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Louis Selby hittin a Farf
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City