Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Best Waxes you've used.
Feb 17, 2008 by Spano565

I know we've made threads like this but what the hell ill do it anyway to get off the heelys topic anyway what's the best wax you've used i know i just go to yankee candle and buy em for cheap there and experiment and fuse candles when i get home (And the end result is some of the best stuff i grind on.) so what do you do!Whhoowhooo!
Replies

Feb 17, 2008Spano565

It's either that or i scrounge up some super slidey golf wax.Trust me it works.

Feb 17, 2008AnthoFlex

Jesus, again with this "Golf Wax"...everyone talks about it, but i can never find it.

1. What does it look like?
2. Where can i get some?
3. Do you have any pics?

Feb 18, 2008xJeremiahx

I usualy just get candles. I look for the stuff with a strong scent because they add scented oil to the wax to give it that smell. Wax+oil=good slides.

Feb 18, 2008Spano565

Antho i have no picks but if you ever go near a golf field place you should be able to get some there and you don't need the wax but it really does work great on anything oh and right now it sucks to be in the city cuz theres like no golf which = no wax i think ill stay in the suburbs.

Feb 18, 2008AnthoFlex

I'll trade someone 10 soap stickers if they can get me a bar of this "Golf Wax"

Feb 18, 2008AnthoFlex

how much is golf wax anywayz?

Feb 18, 2008Spano565

No more then $5.00 anyone that says more is a retard and dosen't know what they are talking about Oh and really Renny don't waste your sticker it's just alot of VERY greasy wax in a litle can notin really speacial but i say it's worth $5.00 cuz the shit works on anything and i mean anything you could possibly won't to grind on ledges,rails you name it.

Feb 18, 2008Spano565

*ever

Feb 18, 2008AnthoFlex

iight, cool.

I'll stick with my SOAP wax, and Ledge Butta (whats left of it)

Feb 18, 2008Wesker

Best wax I ever used was this wax called Rhino Snot Wax, it smelled like lavender and made anything slide.

Feb 18, 2008Altman

I'm going to have to say that Ledge Butt'a is the king of all wax. Renny and I each bough a bar over the summer and I swear to everyone here that I have never used anything as good as that....except for Curb Cream. That stuff is the shit as well.

Feb 18, 2008Page645

hey renny, aj and dario remember that sticky bumb wax we used to use? that thing was the worst shit ever. renny was it u or dario that fell on it then had it stuck to themself?

Feb 18, 2008Kain

I use Baker curb gold

Feb 18, 2008anaholaboys

sticky bump wax is for bodyboards and surf boards. not good for soaps.

i use the wax that sam sent me

Feb 18, 2008ordnanceflint91

Renny, its actually called "Gulf Wax" and its mainly used for canning and cooking...yes its very great and slippery and u can get it at grocery stores. it works better than any other wax ive used

Feb 18, 2008AnthoFlex

Thanx Trey. Finally i can look for it.

Feb 18, 2008Kain

Feb 18, 2008heelyhailey

I just use some element kind. Nothing special, but it gets the job done.
and kain .. whats up with the dot?

Feb 19, 2008Megashadow77

Easy. Kain uses Dot Wax.

Feb 19, 2008Kain

H2,

sorry, idk. something messed up when I tried to post lol

Feb 19, 2008AnthoFlex

Wait.....it comes in a can? I thought this was gulf wax...

http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_lrg_images/865/204589865.jpg

Does anyone have an actual picture of what this thing looks like? I really want a bar of this stuff

Feb 19, 2008sam

yes renny, that is gulf wax as well. It doesnt always come in the can.

Feb 19, 2008AnthoFlex

And you guys sure i can get this in the grocery stores? I've never seen this anywhere....

Feb 19, 2008AnthoFlex

I just looked at my local supermarket, and i didnt find anything....I'll keep looking in other places....

...but is it greasy like Vaseline or something? Does it build up on your plates?

Feb 19, 2008Megashadow77

Most Greasy wax leaves horrible residue.

Feb 19, 2008ordnanceflint91

Renny, mine came in a box, it is normally in 2 bars that are about 2 1/2 inches wide, and 5 inches long and about 3/4 inch thick..... and i found mine in walmarts grocery section... most should have it, and no its not greasy, and it doesnt leave any more residue on the plates than any other wax would. its about the same as using smoothys

Feb 19, 2008AnthoFlex

I really wanna try out different waxes....

I mean like, when i wax a ledge (i'll wax it day after day), it doesnt have that slick wet look that you find on a bunch of other ledges.

Like theres this one ledge near the monster tri-kink, and you cant even step on it with REGULAR shoes without sliding. The bladers did a great job on that ledge. They turned it from never sk8able, to smooth as rubbing 2 grindplates together

Feb 21, 2008Altman

I'd like to get a ledge to be like that as well. It takes a good amount of wax though...

Mar 15, 2008blakeashake

canning wax (gulf wax) is normally in the stores during canning season, i honestly couldnt tell you when canning season is, cuz my parents always get me my wax.

Mar 15, 2008blakeashake

and in buffalo canning wax is only like 2 dollars
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Brennan hittin a Backside
SSCFSW Sam hittin a Frontside
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale on the way to the STL Demo
Brent V hittin a UFO
Brett Dierker with a Frontside.