Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Regret!
Mar 16, 2008 by Joshua3109

I bought my Expresses back when the soap shop still had Ordances, at the time was like "removable plates? Bah, I wont need those" but now I am really regretting this haha, I want a pair of Ordances!
Replies

Mar 16, 2008sam

what do you mean by regretting getting the expresses? Plates get worn out?

Mar 16, 2008Spano565

He means he wished he got the ordances instead of the express at the time because of the removable plate.When the HELL did the shop EVER SELL ORDANCES???Damn i wish i knew that that would've been my first shoe.

Mar 16, 2008Spano565

Ohwell what can i do.lol

Mar 16, 2008RamenRadio

2006 the shop sold ordinances in sizes 9-11

Those weren't even from HSL, those were stuff that go2go crew had.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything left :(

I regret it especially since I'm loving the under on the ordinances.

Mar 16, 2008RamenRadio

what size shoe are you Josh?

Mar 16, 2008AnthoFlex

Imma do a rant video on what i really think about replaceable plates.

long story short, they're pointless

Mar 17, 2008Hattmac02

i got a pair of ordinance when they had them

Mar 17, 2008Hattmac02

the flints right i think i got them from s.a.p.

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

When my next paycheck comes in, imma buy myself a new camcorder and make a video explaining why replacement plates are pointless

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

I dunno, it's cool to have a variety of grind plates to use.

And if you ever do end up wearing down a grind plate, you just get another pair.

Heck, even Kain likes them.

Mar 17, 2008wyattpeterson

like antho said replacement plates are pointless
who cares

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

Plus, express last longer than any replacement grindplate that i've used. And trust me, i've used all the plates that have come out

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

Keith still uses his bbks from his ordinances, and he's had those since christmas of 06

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

I still use my express from January 2006 and they show no sign of not being usable anytime soon

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

mine do, but I don't own those anymore XD

Traded them for vectors

Mar 17, 2008Megashadow77

Hmm.

I have my express from April 07, and the plate is falling off of both shoes.....

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

The plate on the express cant fall off, trust me. HSL uses some seriously strong glue to keep those plates on.

If your plates are really falling off, you've been destroying your shoe purposely to rip it off

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

destroying the shoe is the only way to get the plates off

Mar 17, 2008Joshua3109

Ramen a size 10 or 9 would fit me

Mar 17, 2008Joshua3109

and man, dont different plates lock on differently and eveything, because on this site you guys are talking about different plates and how theyre good and bad so they have to mean somehting

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

I personally feel that the Express rubs off from the speedster, which was known for its "Perfect Rail lockin" and speed grooves

i could go way more in depth through the history of the plates, but im tired, so i'd rather just make a video on it first.

**still waits for paycheck to come in to buy camcorder

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

Debo's express are almost dead too.

And megashadow is just able to move the plate around a little bit.

And the express doesn't have the grooves that the scorchers do at the sides for tweaking, and the express have the annoying soap O in the middle.

Mar 17, 2008Megashadow77

Notice how I said fallING, not fell off.

and, no, I'm not purposely ripping the plate off.

Know why? Cuz, if I wanted to that, I could do it with my FADERS, and not be a dumbass for breaking the shoe.

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

Is it starting to wiggle around?

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

I have used each and every one of these kinda plates. I can base my facts on what i have tested.

The only problem (if you wanna call it that) that i've faced with the express is that after a few months, the corners of the plate crack. When i first started soaping, i thought it was a problem, but as i got more and more into it, i realized that you dont even grind on the corners.

The shoes are meant to be torn up, so tear em up, geez

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

Travis, you got a problem with the soap O in the middle?

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

Debo's express plates might be almost down to the rubber O in the middle, but I will say that it has decent lockin.

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

Not so much a problem, it's just that whatever you are grinding on will touch that rubber O, and you'll go flying.

Just ask AJ, and Eddy with the white express. Those things are shot.

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

And why do you think I like the speedster plate?

It doesn't have that rubber O in the middle. Not because it's on the scorchers, not just because of some grooves on the side, and not because the plates are on a very nice shoe.

Because it doesn't have a rubber opening to hit on what you are grinding after you have worn out your shoes.

Mar 17, 2008RamenRadio

and Renny, a question about express.

You said the express WITHOUT the air bubble thing shown in the solidgrind pictures were LESS comfortable?

Just wanna make sure, because I'm thinking about making a trade for white express.

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

They're both comfy. The phylon sole is lighter and more cushiony than the bubble.

The PU sole (bubble) is comfy too, but not as light

Mar 17, 2008AnthoFlex

they're both the same thing really, just different designs
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Ryan Armstrong, Maxwell, and Casey Faris with the double FS and double flip
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf
Jay Sers hittin a Stylish frontside as the sun sets
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Grinding a tall handrail
Dario Nieva hittin a Fastslide