Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
"Glass" Skate wax?
Apr 8, 2008 by AnthoFlex

Has anyone ever heard of this? In my search for places that sell Gulf Wax (which i still cant find...damnit) i found this "Glass Skate wax" online. The description is really wierd. "Designed to be TOO fast for skateboards"?

Dudes, check this out...i'm seriously about to snag a bar:

http://www.skates.com/Glass_skate_wax_p/gswax.htm

Or maybe i should continue looking for gulf wax
Replies

Apr 8, 2008AnthoFlex

seems to be outta stock....now im really curious about this wax.

Oh also, to anyone who's ever found it, How much does a pound of "Gulf Wax" usually cost? I found this one place in manhattan that MAY sell it and imma head over there tomorrow to grab a box. I'm also gonna pick up a can of Spray lacquer (new waxing idea)

Apr 8, 2008xJeremiahx

"bread, cookies, people...whateva! " hahaha!!!

Apr 8, 2008Tank

dude for gulf wax i just get it form the supermarket i work at for like $3.00 and it works good. but ill have to admit that glass stuff looks very tempting to get. also gulf wax is used for canning jelly... fun fact.

Apr 8, 2008Tank

dude for gulf wax i just get it form the supermarket i work at for like $3.00 and it works good. but ill have to admit that glass stuff looks very tempting to get. also gulf wax is used for canning jelly... fun fact.

Apr 8, 2008Tank

it comes with like four bars

Apr 8, 2008AnthoFlex

Thats it, today im heading out looking everywhere for some of this "Gulf Wax". Its getting like God-status reviews on Sk8ing and Blading forums, and i still cant find any

Apr 8, 2008wyattpeterson

good luck bro ... yea ive used that wax and its just amazing on everthing but it runs out fast :p

Apr 8, 2008wyattpeterson

good luck bro ... yea ive used that wax and its just amazing on everthing but it runs out fast :p

Apr 8, 2008wyattpeterson

Apr 8, 2008xJeremiahx

I will check my local supermarkets for Gulf wax. If I find some I will buy extra and send it to ya Renny.

Apr 8, 2008AnthoFlex

thanx dude, that would be great

Apr 8, 2008blakeashake

If i knew how the whole postal system worked i would send you some gulf wax but i have never mailed a thing in my life.

Apr 8, 2008xJeremiahx

Simple...put the wax in a box. Bring it to your local post office. They will weigh it. Then give them the address to send it to and they will charge you accordingly.

Apr 8, 2008Hattmac02

my uncle in arkansas had some but he forgot where he got it and i was like GAH....

Apr 8, 2008AnthoFlex

shit, i looked everywhere today, i traveled mad far and didnt find none ANYWHERE

Apr 8, 2008blakeashake

well i'll run to Tops either tonight or tomorrow and if they got it in stock ill pick you up a box Renny.

Apr 8, 2008AnthoFlex

kool. Just letme know how much i owe ya and your address and i'll send it out

Apr 9, 2008Hattmac02

check walmart and places like that

Apr 9, 2008Spano565

Like i said that gulf wax shit is awesome man.If i can find it at Shop rite i'll send you two boxes of it free of charge.Oh and i say get the Glass Skate wax stuff what do you have to lose test it out.Plus don't forget "Free Stickers." lol

Apr 9, 2008blakeashake

How bout this i'll send you some wax for some stickers. Becuz I have 5 left. but before we make any deals i gotta check the stock at Tops.

Apr 9, 2008Tank

all of the mac's fresh markets down here in the south have loads of gulf wax for canning jelly; Im shocked you cant find any up there. and if you uncle lives in arkansas i know there is a mac's there

Apr 9, 2008AnthoFlex

I'm dead serious, i've must've checked around 30 stores yesterday morning alone. Nothing. It was insane how crazy i looked going around in and out of every store looking for this tiny fuckin box of wax (which over here i bet is gonna cost $6 or more)

Anywayz, i've given up on looking for it.

Yea dude, if you're really gonna send me 5 boxes of the stuff, I'll see what i have left and let ya know

Apr 9, 2008Hattmac02

naw he goes to krogers for his and i got some today at my publix in florida almost 3 dollars for 4 bars was not a bad deal

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/hattmac02/Photo150.jpg

Apr 11, 2008Hattmac02

though gulf wax is good rw wax is way better and it smells good

Apr 11, 2008AnthoFlex

I heard that too, but RW wax is like the size of a Gamecube CD isnt it?

Plus, you have to make a purchase of $50 or more to recieve it

Apr 11, 2008Hattmac02

meh its lik a stack of 20 camecbe cd's and i got a bar after paying ten bucks it says 50 but the dont care

Apr 11, 2008Hattmac02

u could buy a 3 dollar belt

Apr 11, 2008AnthoFlex

when i finally get my hands on some gulf wax, i'll compare both

Apr 13, 2008AnthoFlex

i finally got my hands on some paraffin wax. I have to say, this thing slides really really well. It was hell to find some, but when i did, it was FAR FAR away. So i snagged 2 pounds of it

Apr 13, 2008Hattmac02

craft store? i got this huge slab from a craft store but my cousin lost i all

Apr 13, 2008AnthoFlex

Yea, it was a "Pearl's Paint" store

Dec 18, 2008Altman

Turns out you can buy Gulf Wax from any hardware store. It's used for canning preserves apparently.

Mar 7, 2009Joshua3109

bump
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Alexei Tajzler of DEOS hittin an Alley-Opp CG in Wilmington, Delaware
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale on the way to the STL Demo
greg morris hittin a backside at olympic stadium
Aaron MacDonald hittin a (freestyle) backslide torque slide on a ledge