Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
A real heely?
Apr 22, 2008 by moojuiceman

So, I've been thinking...

What is it we really want HSL to do?

Do we want them to re-release the soap brand, or just to make a proper grinding shoe?

If they released a model that looked good, was comfy, had a perfect grind plate (you can argue amongst yourselves as to which that would be) and lasted long enough to survive what it would be put through.

Would you buy it if it still said Heelys on the side?

Because until now, everybody just seems to want the brand name soap, and personally I think that it's pointless to want a name rather than the product it is on.
Replies

Apr 22, 2008mets603412

i thought bout buyin grails for the grind rails grind plate on it cause it looked nice but then my friends grind plat cracked so i didn get em

Apr 22, 2008wyattpeterson

RE-Release the SOAP Brand!!!! and no i wouldnt buy it if it said heely's because they would always have a wheel in them ...I dont heely because i can aggressive rollerblade good

Apr 22, 2008Kain

Wyatt,
well....why would they not put the heelys logo on it if it was made by heelys? I mean...would you still buy express if they had the heelys logo on them?

If it's a grind shoe, it doesn't really matter what logos are on it, beggars can't be choosers

Mets,
idk.....most ppl think grind rails aren't that good b/c they have no lock on

Apr 22, 2008blakeashake

It would make no sense to make a grind shoe that says heelys on it because heelys is all about the wheel. If there is no wheel why would they still call it heelys? its not like your grinding on your heels.

Apr 22, 2008wyattpeterson

if their was no wheel and they re-released the broadside or A-side with their name on it i would still buy it but i will not ever buy a shoe if it has a wheel in it...is heely bankrupt yet?

Apr 22, 2008heelyhailey

Wyatt, not all heelys have wheels in em, Gamer is considered heelys

Apr 22, 2008blakeashake

why use the name heelys for a shoe without the wheel. thats kinda dumb.

Apr 22, 2008SapAuthor

We do need both. young adults and older teens, which is the brand SOAP appeals to, do not want anything to do with Heelys. The reason is because Heelys are for kids, and I'm not just saying that because i personally believe it, we've examined the shoe size charts for sales and Heelys sells it's majority in the small sizes, and very few of the larger ones, and we sell very few in the small kid sizes, and more (if not all) in the large sizes.

What i want Heelys to do is 1 of 2 things. Either seriously look at promoting SOAPs and bringing up awareness so stores will want to stock them, becuase most don't even remember SOAPs or know they are back in production, OR cut the chain that's tieing us to the fense and allow us use the SOAP brand name and shoe rights so we can start doing promotion and other things ourselves.

What i mean is, right now since HSL has all the rights to everything, we CAN'T make soaps as big as they were, or at least it's darn near impossible. We can't make SOAP shirts with the soap pill logo or soap O, we can't bring out different models, we can't do advertising (not just because we don't have much $$, but also because we would have to go through HSL to approve any advertising and u know they wouldn't allow it).

I've talked with Steve and Renny, and we both agree we don't really care about exclusive rights to soap and the grind plates, we just want rights lol. But, as it is HSL won't give us rights without increasing sales, and won't let us increase sales because they won't give us the tools to do so, so we're basically stuck where we are :- /

Apr 22, 2008MiTcH1337

Rights can't be bought?

Id gladly donate, and buy stickers, etc.

Apr 22, 2008AnthoFlex

Yea, speaking of that, i guess noone wants stickers, right?

I have a shit load, and i send a handful, along with a handful of SSsoapshop cards with a $5 mail in.

And with all these new stickers i have, who wouldnt want a few?

Apr 22, 2008afrogunso

Haha alright you got me, i'm going to run out once I start slapping em around town so i'm sending in a couple more 5's hehe.

Apr 22, 2008AnthoFlex

I also wanna stress that all money received for the stickers and cards go towards getting new designs printed

Apr 22, 2008MiTcH1337

While on the subject, im literally writing out the envelope now =]

Apr 22, 2008Kain

blake,
well why did a rollerblade company make a grind shoe if there's no wheels in a grind shoe? ;)

http://www.solidgrind.com/shoes/salomon/mr-wilson/

Apr 22, 2008AnthoFlex

Because they're SHOES. SHOES don't normally have wheels. And since these are GRIND SHOES, they have GRINDPLATES.

For real nigga, stop trying to be a smartshit, you only make yourself look even more dumb

Apr 22, 2008Kain

Renny,
stop cussing left and right. It makes you sound like an immature little kid.

Heelys are a WHEEL SHOE so they have WHEELS.

And if you haven't gathered "normal" shoes don't have plates any more often than they have wheels.

Apr 22, 2008afrogunso

Kain, it may help Rennys disposition against you if your posts didn't make you out to be venomous. A simple ;) states: I outsmarted you, i'm smarter than you, and i'm better than you.

Apr 22, 2008Hattmac02

its not just about having grind shoes its about getting respect for a company that was shit on by hsl even if we get it back it wont be the same. We may get some retroed models but we wont get any new shit thats worth money. And fuck no i would buy anything heely just for the premise that they are trying to merge the two into one big peice of shit company instead of keeping them seperate and equal like they should be. And kain get the fuck off this website you fucking retard we dont need your heelys propaganda bullshit anyways

Apr 22, 2008Hattmac02

im sorry for cursing im not trying to bash hsl im just saying they are fucking up soaps

Apr 22, 2008afrogunso

Sheesh, people need to calm down. It doesn't help anything. If i'm not mistaken it was HSL that released the Express, is this not a fine shoe? If anything that gives me hope that they still have the potential to make good shoes.

Apr 22, 2008Kain

Hattmac,
stop flaming. Just b/c there should be more soaps doesn't mean they should take the plates off heelys.

afrogunso,
you're right....HSL did release express, and ppl still buy them, even though they weren't made by SOAP.

Apr 22, 2008Hattmac02

people buy the expresses because thats all we really have im pretty sure everyone here wants more than just one model in 3 colors and yea they should take the plate off heelys because that totally hinders us. Hsl needs to realize a plate on heelys is not fixing the situation. i dont want a pair of heelys regardless of whether or not it has a plate on it.

Apr 22, 2008Kain

Hattmac,
well apparently they think one model is enough, b/c it's enough for us....there's only a couple good grind plate models of heelys. As far as they're concerned there's no "situation" that needs fixing, b/c some ppl are happy with grinding heelys.

Apr 22, 2008Hattmac02

maybe you and your faggoty heely friends but no one here is content on settling for a pair of heelys and hsl is not listening to us or they would know we are also not content with just expresses

Apr 23, 2008AnthoFlex

I'm not "cussing" left and right, i just said smartshit. Ur just not used to it because on heelychat its all happy prancing dancin. If you cant take it, then don't read my shit

Apr 23, 2008anaholaboys

id have to go with soap

theres no way in hell of me wearing those gay heelys

i mean common... do i look like a faggot?

Apr 23, 2008anaholaboys

and it DOES matter on the name of the shoes

think about it
if your grinding something and someone gets interested in your shoes. and you tell them that they are heelys, images pop in their minds of little kids with gay wheels in them.

and on the other hand, you tell them that their soaps, they will have thoughts of how BIG soaps used to be and how COOL they are.

:]]]]]

Apr 23, 2008Kain

wow....you ppl are living contradictions...

Renny,
I'm saying this b/c it makes you sound completely stupid

Hattmac,
"HSL is not listening to us"
hmm.....maybe that's b/c you keep saying stuff like "faggoty heelys" and (anaholaboys) "theres no way in hell of me wearing those gay heelys"

Apr 23, 2008wyattpeterson

yea HSL isnt listining to the "faggoty heelys" remarks either so why does it matter

Apr 23, 2008Kain

they're not listening to you guys b/c YOU KEEP DISSING THEIR PRODUCTS

well we dont want to lie lol

Apr 23, 2008Kain

well if you want soaps back, you should probably start....

hell no

Apr 23, 2008anaholaboys

why does it even matter to you kain?

heelys obviously have greater popularity over soaps

at one point SOAPS WERE HUGE!
and now in the hands of hsl
they are held back from GREATNESS AND GLORY..

so kain. why are you here?

Apr 23, 2008mets603412

proves that heelers r lying scumbags

Apr 23, 2008SapAuthor

Look guys, first off it is really lame you keep using "gay" and "faggot" for everything, show some class, we aren't kids, at least not most of us.

I think everyone needs to chill, Kain needs to stop trying to convince us Heely's are cool because we aren't listening, and we need to stop tryign to convince Kain that no older kid will buy or want something with heelys on it, because he won't listen.

Apr 23, 2008Hattmac02

i never called heelys faggoty i called you and your friends a bunch of fags

Apr 23, 2008rhinoskater30

Kain:
I e-mailed HSL with a very "well organized and thought out" message. In the message they said they don't care about rude comments made by us because of our age. Just for that FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! That crutch has been broken. So don't try to use that against us.
;)

SapAuthor, I love your posts. They're soo long, but it's okay cuz they're really good.

HSL could make more money selling wheels with no grindplates under Heelys and just grindplates under SOAP...I just don't get it.

Apr 23, 2008anaholaboys

@kain
obviously you think your the big man around here.
you think just because HSL produces your favorite shoes you think your the boss who can tell the soapers what to do.

dude. why do you even bother with this site?
why dont you go do your little rail flip or vert flip or whatever you kids call it and stop giving us "wise" ideas.

Apr 23, 2008Kain

SapAuthor,
completely agreed. You guys say soaps aren't for little kids like heelys, yet you keep talking as if you're immature kids.

Mets,
stop stereotyping.

anaholaboys,
I'm not in charge. HSL is.

i never said soaps arent for little kids because they are ...little kids are always interested when they see me grind a handrail and i tell them where to go to get soaps

Apr 23, 2008rhinoskater30

Yea, i think someone said it but no teenager wants to wear something with "Heelys" on it. It's just because when teenagers, especially me, see Heelys i think of little kids [that do in fact run into me.]

adults look so cool on heely's lol j/k ...and yea man they always run into me or they think im going to move for them lol....out of the huge variety of heely's i cant find one that looks good they all look so cheap and cheesy..even little kids around my skate park think heelys are wack

Apr 23, 2008mets603412

kain YOU shut the fuck up u stupid lil bitch, you keep twisting other peoples words around nd when i say somethin U said u say im stereotyping

ur just a stupid lil fuckin kid piss off if u don wanna talk about grinding soapin w.e. u wanna call it

stop tryin to sound lik ur the boss, u jus said u WERENT

Apr 23, 2008SapAuthor

@ Kain, you are acting immature too, so don't think my post wasn't directed at you as well. You're out to try to prove your right, and fight against statistics. Stats show that Heelys appeal to kids, Soaps to older teens and young adults, this is shown by shoe size sales, locations of demos, age of buyers, etc.

I think you just need to face the facts and stop trying to make it seem like older kids want heelys. Just because you are the rare occasion doesn't mean that everyone also will like them when they are out of middle school, if you are even out of middle school.

No offense ment, but very few people will find you cool on here that you heely. I don't care if you do or not, that's your choice, have fun with what you want, but if you want to come here and make everyone think you're cool or whatever, i can tell you you're fighting a losing battle. If you want to seem cool, go back to the heely's boards.

Apr 23, 2008Megashadow77

Everyone on this site is fucking stupid.

I'm out.

Apr 23, 2008Megashadow77

and btw, kain is 16.

That means HE'S OUT OF MIDDLE SCHOOL.

Apr 23, 2008SapAuthor

Dunno what i said that got Megashadow so upset. I said right in there earlier about how i don't care if he likes heelys or not, just pointless trying to make urself look cool on here because you heely. Not just the fact of the grudge of most ppl against HSL, but this is solidGRIND, as in Grinding, not wheeling. It's like going to a basketball forum and saying "I play soccer, you should all play soccer, soccer players are cool"

Apr 23, 2008Kain

mets,
will you just shut up and stop flaming?

SapAuthor,
well of course I try to prove myself right.....it's what I do lol.
Besides me, there's ppl at my school (high school) that want heelys. The problem with your "statistics" is there are no larger sizes of heelys left to buy. Every time a larger size of torch, evolution, or some other aggressive style goes on ebay, the bids are $100+. I've already talked to a couple ppl at school about selling them my heelys.

I'm not trying to be cool.....if I wanted to do that, I'd come on here saying heelys suck like most everyone else does.

Apr 23, 2008Kain

SapAuthor,
I think it was what mets said. Anyways....

I never tried to get anyone on here to think heeling is cool, or try and get them to do it. I'm just fighting off the flaming.

Apr 23, 2008blakeashake

btw derek said himself that solidgrind is 100% dedicated to soapshoes.

http://derek.broox.com/stories/how-i-started-with-soap-shoes/
scroll down and read through the comments.

Apr 23, 2008Franticfred

good point blake

Apr 23, 2008Altman

Looks like the Re-Re Nuke really hit this time. I know it's all about how Soaps and the people who support them are getting ignored and put down but is this seirously what we're placed at? Are we seriously fighting for respect ina country controlled by stuck-up big wigs? We all need to take a pill right now and chill the fuck out. And Kain, you're seriously sounding like a wise-ass. Watch your ass son, that's all I'm saying.

Apr 23, 2008misterterse94

howd this go from "what we want" to an all out war? honestly id say soapers diss heelys b/c they are kinda pointed to the young ones, and b/c HSL isnt listening. the last thing we want is for HSL to get pissed off and do something drastic. eg. evry model w/ wheels and plates. so in my pinion id say stop hating up and down cuz its not rlly cool. plus for the heelers out there, they cant really say anything about soaps since this is a soap site. heelers are always defending, and soapers are always offending, so instead of flaming and shit, shouldnt things just work themselves out? if we do get on HSLs good side (personally i dont want to) maybe then they'll listen. its just a theory..

Apr 24, 2008Kain

misterterse,
I agree with you all the way. Not flaming heeling/heelers is the best way to get on HSL's good side.

Apr 24, 2008ShadowSoaper

You people entertain me.

Apr 24, 2008misterterse94

to Kain
i didnt mean it that way. if ppl want to get on HSL's good side, they should do sumthin like support them.(buy expresses, send thank you messages(not to kiss ass)). ppl will always have their opinions on stuff like this. its human nature, i think. ppl who wish to flame heelys go ahead, but it wont get u anywhere. besides...... u dont really believe HSL pays attention to this... do you? unless ppl actually send messages to them and stuff. but like i said b4, let it work itself out, support soap, tell your friends, bother HSL, and itll happen.

Apr 24, 2008Kain

*has already done most of that*

Apr 24, 2008wyattpeterson

u have expresses?

yup. only thing i can get. my mom wont let meuse ebay *rolls eyes*

Apr 24, 2008Kain

Wyatt,
I said most. I support soap, i've told friends about soap shoes, I've e-mailed HSL......but I can't get express b/c I don't have enough money, and my mom won't buy them b/c I have squeakys.

cant u use ur squeakys..?

damn u have squeaks dope man ur lucky! lol im getting scabs ..my first shoe like 7 years ago :)

Apr 24, 2008Kain

misterterse,
yeah, and I do, but.....you guys were asking why I didn't buy express XD

Apr 24, 2008sam

Quote from Derek Brooks:

"HSL bought Soap Shoes and gave a complete running start at bringing Soap Shoes back to life.

The only problem with HSL's approach is that they released far too many shoes on their first run with too many similarities. Vendors weren't playing ball due to the failure that In-stride invoked. This caused HSL to fall back and is now selling only 2 models of the Soap Shoes that they released in the first run.

The fate of Soap Shoes is ultimately in HSL's hands. They are doing an excellent job keeping the company alive and have a great marketing team... however, due to the success of Heelys, they're obviously focused more the shoes that roll.

Help us out, buy some Soaps. Send soapshoes.com an email. Tell them that you want new shoes. Tell them that you want shoes with sole plates. Give them feedback on what YOU want in a shoe. They are great people, they're very open to suggestion. The inventors and innovators - they love customer feedback. Just be constructive, be mature, and as always, keep grinding."

The only changes that should be made to this, are that soapshoes.com will only send back an automatic email, and now their is only 1 purchasable soap model.

kain who is the guy at 1:00 in this video and which heelys does he have http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQPX-q2KbM

Apr 24, 2008Kain

idk who he is, but I think those are Neos

Apr 25, 2008mets603412

kain would U shut the fuck up and stop flaming ur a freakin moron

Apr 25, 2008AnthoFlex

Wasnt that guy a pro blader or something?

Apr 25, 2008Kain

I heard someone saying he was an ex-soaper trying to get sponsored by HSL.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Darren McCall hittin a Phat royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Sequence of Bryndon sliding a huge kink.
Greg Morris hittin a Farfegnugen
Dusty Ryder hittin a UFO on a ledge