Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
How should one go about landing a jump correctly?
Apr 22, 2008 by afrogunso

_
Replies

Apr 22, 2008MiTcH1337

By landing on both feet?

Im not sure what you mean by the question?

Apr 22, 2008afrogunso

Hm it seems my initial post didn't go through correctly... sigh, let me try typing it again.

Apr 22, 2008Kain

I like to land on one foot.....my back foot in a parkour roll. So when my momentum goes forward, I can put the rest of my weight on my front foot and run or roll out of it.

Apr 22, 2008afrogunso

Currently the only way I can feel comfortable going into a grind is running towards the object slighty from the left but more straight on, then I jump off my left foot and land on my right foot first. In otherwords my foot in front of me lands first, which is supposed to be worse for control.

Problem is, something causes me to hesitate when i try any other way. I also feel awkward attempting it differently. I think I may just need to practice to overcome this but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or if anyone else encountered anything like this before.

I'm also afraid that it will cause me to be unable to perform tricks other than a frontslide :(

Apr 22, 2008SapAuthor

Don't listen to "better control" just as sk8boarders are both normal and goofy, so is soaping. I soap with my dominant foot forward, can't really do the opposite, i also sk8board goofy styled. Whatever feels better ;)

Apr 22, 2008afrogunso

Hm ok, well i'll just keep trying different angles. Thanks I thought perhaps something was just wrong with me lol.

Apr 22, 2008Hattmac02

i think i get what ur saying i have that problem too i always lock on front first and i cant do it back first

Apr 22, 2008MiTcH1337

I used to do front foot first. After a few instances of sliding out, i searched around and saw that you have more control with your back foot. Im now just as good with my back foot first =]

Apr 23, 2008Louis

do whatever feels comfortable, just beware of landing with no feet, or your crotch. :p
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zach hittin a makio at the Cedar Rapids demo
Sequence of Bryndon sliding a huge kink.
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Frontside
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside outside of the Moline pool