Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Suggestions?
Apr 23, 2008 by moojuiceman

Me and my mate (crazyiom) are going soaping soon and were gonna make a video. Any ideas for tricks? we're only beginners though (but we are mental and will try anything)

Also, Renny, good job on the picture tricktionary, but what happened to the old video one, I'm not really sure if i'm jumping into a trick right.
Replies

Apr 23, 2008Crazyiom

we hopefully will be filming it but i cant quarentee the filming

Apr 24, 2008moojuiceman

we did a bit of filming today, cant get it on the computer yet tho, still waiting for some suggestions

Apr 24, 2008wyattpeterson

do some cheese graters and some ufo's

Apr 24, 2008AnthoFlex

The video one i had up there before was retarded. As soon as the charger comes in for my new camcorder, i'll put up new videos, promise.

The problem with the old one was that i did that one semi-crappy as an experiment to see if Heelys would copy the idea. And sure enough, they did.

So now i'm gonna go with my better idea ; )

Apr 25, 2008moojuiceman

Ok we got the ufos down, but our cheesegraters end up in faceplants most of the time, do you have to put your legs a certain way, or just have them pointing in opposite directions?

Anyway we're still taking orders on your tricks so...

Apr 25, 2008AnthoFlex

taking orders on my tricks? what does that mean?

Apr 25, 2008xJeremiahx

B/S Farf always looks stylish.

Apr 25, 2008Kain

moojuiceman,
I like to bend my knees outward when I do cheesys. It helps me keep my toes pointed the right way when the plates hit.

Apr 25, 2008sam

Cheesegraters are one of those tricks you just have to practice a lot in order to get your feet in the correct position. Practice on pvc when your first starting off because its low to the ground.

And kain, please stop calling them cheesys, it sounds like something a 5 year old would say...

Apr 25, 2008AnthoFlex

Call them CG's for short.

Quoting jeremiah:

Yes, BS Farfs do look stylish if you can do em nicely

Apr 26, 2008moojuiceman

taking orders like a waiter, anything you want, i'm guessing imagery wasn't your strong point that day

Apr 26, 2008Kain

Sam,
sorry.....it's just something I'm used to b/c everyone around me calls it that. Like how I call "switch" a rail flip :P

Seriously, it's even called that on the pro team tryout sheet.

Apr 26, 2008Altman

And thus is the reason for marketing towards children. Switch Up not rail flip, fastslide not footy.

Apr 26, 2008SapAuthor

Just a word of caution, if you are still new to SOAPs don't go TO extreme to fast, that's how you break stuff and then you won't be soaping much, will ya ;) Build to a trick, if you haven't done hand rails yet, don't try stair rails. If you haven't done stair rails yet, don't try to bust a Royale on one of them. Pace yourself lol.

Apr 26, 2008AnthoFlex

Yea. people usually tend to rush soaping because they think "these are just shoes, not like blades"

The tricks are still just as hard

Apr 27, 2008moojuiceman

SapAuthor, just a little too late. Tried going on a bench, and was fine. Tried again, back foot shot in front of me, fell down, now i have a bruise thats about 2 inches wide

Apr 27, 2008AnthoFlex

I cant do backfoot first for some reason. I only do backfoot first whenever i go switch

Apr 27, 2008Crazyiom

moojuiceman may have gotten a bruise from it but i got my leg stuck in the bench got it out eventually lol and found a great hand rail which curves and then goes straight got to be at least 20 ft long

Apr 27, 2008moojuiceman

yea except you only managed about 2 foot of it lol

Apr 27, 2008Kain

Altman,
well I've always called it a fastslide.

Antho,
....I really don't understand you.......
so heelys are "just shoes, not like blades"....but soap shoes aren't?

Apr 27, 2008AnthoFlex

Stupid, re-read what i wrote several times, then re-rewrite your last comment

Apr 27, 2008anaholaboys

lawl@kain

Apr 27, 2008AnthoFlex

Since Kain is still too stupid to figure out what i said and fix his last comment, allow me:

"Yea. people usually tend to rush soaping because they think "these are just shoes, not like blades"

The tricks are still just as hard"

That comment was aimed at SapAuthor's previous comment and was in no way mentioning how soapshoes are "more of a rollerblade" than Heelys are.

I was simply stating that it's human nature to think that soaping is easier than blading because theres no frames, wheels or bulky hardware, thus making people rush what they can do on soaps AND put the "they're easier because they're just shoes" mentality in their heads.

Werd
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Baker hittin a Frontside
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Sliding a wooden rail
Jordan Thompson hittin a Frontside
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf