Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Kinks
May 21, 2008 by Joshua3109

Guys how do you tackel kinked rails? Theres this one kinked rail that I want to try but im afraid im going to bail out when I hit the kink and wreck myself on the concrete steps. So tips please
Replies

May 21, 2008AnthoFlex

just go for it

May 21, 2008Joshua3109

Im going to have to do that if someone dosent give me some advice haha. Do I put my weight on a particular foot?

May 21, 2008AnthoFlex

i could probably help a little more if i knew how "sharp" or "hard" (as i call them sometimes) is the kink.

when i mean sharp or hard, i mean how much is the angle transitioned from the drop to the flat part? Hold on, letme go draw something out

May 21, 2008Joshua3109

ok thanks Antho, hmmm not too much, defonmatly less than 60 degrees, uhhh I say around 20 degrees

May 21, 2008AnthoFlex

Here ya go:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/AnthoFlex/Kinks.gif

Kind of a crappy drawing i know, but thats the way i personally classify them.

1. is the semi-sharp kinks. These are kind of easy to go through and have a bit of impact as you hit the kink. I wouldn't go too fast on these.

2. Sharp kinks, i almost never find these, but these are (for me) hard to do. You have to brace yourself as you hit the kink because theres a lot of impact, usually you hit the kink and stop. I would not go fast on these.

3. Soft kinks. These are the easiest and most fun to go through. You barely feel the transition, and it feels nice. You can go as fast as you want on these.

theres a lot more than just those 3, like semi-soft, etc. Its all the way you look at it and the way the kink feels when you hit it

May 21, 2008AnthoFlex

you have any pictures of it?

May 21, 2008AnthoFlex

20 in my opinion would be a soft kink. I say just go for it. Just be careful

May 21, 2008Joshua3109

No not right now but I would classify it as a soft kink, the third drawing you have there. haha I feel kind of like a wimp now. I will defiantly hit it up next time im in the area. Thanks Antho, that is more than what I could have asked for, I really appreciate it.

May 21, 2008Joshua3109

O, while your here. On really steep long rails how should you go about the landing? Im asking this because over the weekend I hit this long steep waist height rail and when I came flying off I hit the ground and immediately fell over and began to roll.

May 21, 2008AnthoFlex

get grooves in your plate so you can have speed control so that you don't go superman flying off steep rails

May 21, 2008Joshua3109

O ok thanks Antho

May 21, 2008ZOMGSCORCHERS

I think you need to bend your knees when going down the down part, then relax when you hit the flat part.

May 22, 2008AnthoFlex

don't lean back when you hit the kink
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Abercrombie Freestyle Walking... what?
Zach hittin a makio at the Cedar Rapids demo
Jordan Thompson hittin a Frontside
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at Wash U
Sequence of Bryndon sliding a huge kink.