Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
How do you melt candles 4 wax?
May 31, 2008 by scuzzydontask

I tried to melt little candles together yesterday to make wax. I used a pot over the stove, but after I poured out the wax there was still wax stuck to it, which I know my mom won't like. I also tried it in the oven which kind of worked, not really. How do most people do it?
Replies

May 31, 2008kevinkrg6

you just use the candles as they are, you don't melt them. Just rub them on the edge you want to grind.

Jul 7, 2008rhinoskater30

melt a stick into the middle of the wax then put it over a fire and catch the drippings in a pan or something, or even make a rectangular square. but yeah, just use them how they are, it is the same wax right?

Jul 7, 2008xJeremiahx

just rub the candle onto the ledge/rail/whatever

It's all the same just a different shape.

Jul 8, 2008MiTcH1337

if you must melt it, i would say over a fire, then have an aluminum dish or mold ready. Sam might know, he makes that hail wax.

Jul 8, 2008sam

What your going to want to do for candlewax is melt it down, pour it into something that gets wider at the top than at the bottom ie: muffin tray. You wont want a square shape, because often times they will be hard to get out. And in mine and many others experience my wax works better than candlewax ;). Its kinda hard to explain, but my wax fills up ledges making them easier to soap/skate. Ill draw a picture to show you all in a lil bit.

Jul 8, 2008sam

Ok, this picture is just to help you get the main idea a little bit better. Photoshop was being gay so i had to use paint. And for whatever reason my cursor is invisible in paint.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/soapy2006/ScreenShot001-6.jpg

Jul 8, 2008wyattp

hail wax fo life !!!!!!!

Jul 8, 2008xJeremiahx

yeah as soon as I run out of wax I will be buying some hail wax. I can't wait to try it out for both soaping ans skating.

Jul 9, 2008Hattmac02

put wax over fire untill it boils then add water

oh wait never mind that makes a fire ball my bad
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
greg morris hittin a backside at olympic stadium
Tanner Gregory hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf
Loren Dallabetta hittin a Royale
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City