Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soap Shoes Tutorial
Jan 21, 2010 by Ironbug

Anyone know where to get tutorials/ instructions/ guides etc?:)
X
Replies

Jan 21, 2010Brad

There's no soaping tuts out there as far as I know, but I'll give it a shot.

For me, when I jump onto the rail I land with my left foot first (leading) and then my back foot. That part might be the opposite for you but whatever. I try and keep a 40/60% balance rate if that makes sense. I put more weight on my back foot since it's stronger and easier to keep balance (your right foot should be the one keeping most of the balance anyways.)And if you find yourself hauling ass bend your knees and tweak your feet in the way most comfortable for you to access your brake pads, for me it's the royale position. Of course, if you're only doing curbs and whatever none of that is really necessary.

Jan 21, 2010Brad

Woops, shoulda re-read before I posted. In the second brackets I meant to say your back foot should be keeping most of the balance.

Jan 22, 2010Brad

bump

Jan 22, 2010Ironbug

Its no good buddy, although, people are suggesting remaking some videos, how about a newbies guide? Something that isn't patronizing, but helpful, I mean, I'd never know where to begin :)
X

Jan 22, 2010Brad

Well, to be honest, I found myself a little practice rail and went from there =P
In my opinion the only way you can get good at a sport is just by doing it, not reading up on it and expect to be pro at it the very first time. So my advice is to find a small rail that you feel comfortable with and just practice, practice, practice.

Jan 26, 2010sylonbroadsides

I posted a few threads on here for beggining soaping, just ask any questions you have on the forum I can help.

Feb 1, 2010Ironbug

Hey guys; first things first then; where should I start? I don't feel comfortable jsut running at a massive handrail..?:)
X

Feb 1, 2010sylonbroadsides

try some curbs dude. What shoes do you have Iron?

Feb 1, 2010Ironbug

Got my Cleans today, and Boltars..
X
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside outside of the Moline pool
greg morris hittin a backside at olympic stadium
Bryndon with a royale on some bleachers
Strider Patton hittin a Frontside
Dario Nieva hittin a Fastslide