Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Grind plates? Where?
Apr 20, 2006 by AnthoFlex

Dude, i hate asking for things but i really need to know where can i get some BBk grind plates at?
Replies

Apr 20, 2006Wesker

Contact Soap shoes. They still have a supply of lef tover Grind plates that I think they're selling for $5 a piece.

Apr 20, 2006Surfaced

Are you shitting me? OMFG. I'm gon' holla at those HSL bitches.

Apr 20, 2006Surfaced

Nope. They don't. Well, not anymore. I talked to a Nicole and she says,

"Umm...well no one told me if we did have those... but even if we did, we don't sell directly to consumers"

So maybe that was a while ago, or maybe Nicole is a bitch. It was funny when she wanted to direct me to Soapshoes.com. She started to say "God, I haven't been here in forever"

Ouchie momma.

Apr 20, 2006Surfaced

BTW Nicole sounded very ditsy.

Apr 21, 2006Wesker

I am pretty sure Nicole is wrong. Try calling again and getting someone else. Someone who deals with Soap shoes, like Rhonda or Maddalen.

Apr 21, 2006Surfaced

Okay... lol... "I demand to speak with an executive staff member!"

Apr 21, 2006AnthoFlex

Wait....call? or E-mail....if theres a number can i get it? OH! By the way, do any of u live in NYC? i'm the only person i know with SOaps in the whole fuking city...(i know theres the NYC soapers but i dunno them)

Apr 21, 2006Surfaced

Wesker is in NYC

Apr 21, 2006AnthoFlex

Cool Thanx

Apr 22, 2006AnthoFlex

Stupid Question.....are the BBK plates metal or plastic...Because the only Soaps i've ever had are the express's and they're plastic. and i've headr that some are metal

Apr 22, 2006Surfaced

All Soap and Heelys grind plates are made of a plastic.

The RollerBlade TGS however, has a plastic plate with two metal bars that roll. Probably for a more realistic noise, and more speed.

Apr 22, 2006AnthoFlex

OH! flywalk has grind plates! cool....but sadly they dun deliver to the US....can u guys help me beg for them to deliver to the U.S

Apr 22, 2006Surfaced

They will soon. Kateskates.co.uk has the UHF Original grindplate in different colors, but it's not a great plate. I'd wait for FlyWalk to ship to us.

Apr 22, 2006mrman

The used scabs come with slobro plates, and some new slo bro plates. So if the shoe fits, you get 2 pairs of good grind plates out of the deal for less than a new pair of soaps. Not a bad deal. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOAP-Mens-Boys-Grinder-Shoes-MIB-Size-11_W0QQitemZ7236267784QQcategoryZ50884QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Apr 23, 2006Surfaced

Do SloBros come in different colors? I've only seen them in black.

Apr 24, 2006AnthoFlex

Does anyone know if the grindplates from flywalk are BBK's or the UHF's?

Apr 25, 2006Surfaced

I called HSL and got someone other than Nicole. Yay! Anywho, she will be emailing me if they have remaining stock. The plates will most likely be about $5.00 though, and they only accept credit cards.

Apr 25, 2006Louis

judgind by the colours on offer at flywalk, id say that they're most likely gonna be BBK grind plates...as far as im aware the original grindplates never came in any colour except black, and other retailers in the uk never had any spare plates except BBKs

Apr 25, 2006Surfaced

Well the Original did come in white and a greyish-blue, but I don't think it came in yellow. I asked David, the owner of FlyWalk what plate it was that they carried, but he said he didn't know. Louis is probably right though. I'll bet they are BBKs.

Apr 26, 2006Wesker

Original soap plates came in a variety of colors. I have a blue pair somewhere around here.

But I am guessing they're BBKs... Although I don't remember yellow BBK's...

Apr 26, 2006Surfaced

Goas. One color scheme of Goas came with a Yellow BBK.

However... now that I think about it... the UHF Original came in yellow for the Scab.

Apr 26, 2006mrman

Louis: the original grind plates came in a multitude of colors.

Patience comes in many forms without the patent for undesirable situations one incurs from the lack of wait. The upper hand is rarely known the downtrodon and below but is painfully obvious to those who possess it.

Apr 26, 2006Surfaced

Okay HSL does have more than BBKs. At least for 11-12. They have Maxwells, and Slo-Bros. I don't know about the other sizes.

Apr 27, 2006Wesker

I told you they had plates :3

Apr 27, 2006Surfaced

Yes, You did. The Turntables I bought were a size 10, so I am going to have to ask then about plates for 9-10.

Apr 27, 2006Primal

May I ask something?

- How can I get in touch with HSL myself?

Also, I'm willing to buy from FlyWalk and ship the plates abroad for those who live in the US, as long as I'm paid for the effort and get specific size details.

Apr 27, 2006Surfaced

You may have to put some additional number infront of this, but in the States, we use this number to call HSL: 888-428-2099

Email: info@soapshoes.net

BTW, if you email them, make sure you include some feedback. Tell them about what you'd like to see with Soap. Don't be furceful, but polite. They really do listen to waht their customers have to say.

Apr 27, 2006Surfaced

A few typos in there... sorry.

Apr 27, 2006AnthoFlex

i agree....them HSL dudes are maad cool..i always give them feedback as well as how i'm doing grind-wise

Apr 27, 2006Curtinator

I wish the express shoes would be able to replace grind plates but it can't so I must buy new soaps.

Apr 29, 2006AnthoFlex

The express's are really nice...they dunt last too long for me though..AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY! DONT THINK THEY THEY ARE BAD QUALITY...its cause i sk8board in them a lot cause i both sk8 and Soap..other than that they're reall sick

Apr 29, 2006Curtinator

Yeah they are. For me though its lasted like 2 to 3 years now. But Mostly 2 years.

May 4, 2006AnthoFlex

Besides HSL, does anyone know where else i can get some BBK's?......And can someone notify us when stupid Tuttlebee (owner of flywalk) finally delivers to the U.S...i bet his fukin sales on plates would go through the roof if he did...but i guess he doesnt realize that...

May 5, 2006Primal

Hey, chill. Mr. Tuttlebee isn't the retailer, so he doesn't know what stock is in or out. And as he said in another topic, retailing to the US is very difficult. It takes a lot of legal work to set up shipping to foreign countries.

I assume Mr. Tuttlebee knows EXACTLY how much his sales would rise WHEN he ships to the US. But for now, be patient. You'll get it eventually. No amount of swearing or grumbling is going to change anything.

May 5, 2006AnthoFlex

Oh sorry.... i was a little harsh...i gues i'm just impatient

May 16, 2006AnthoFlex

Does anyone know if HSL has any more BBKS?

May 16, 2006AnthoFlex

i wanna get some yellow ones in a size 10

May 16, 2006Mart

Dude the phone number's up there, give them a call

May 16, 2006Surfaced

I don't think they have any more yellow plates... just black.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Tanner Gregory hittin a Frontside
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Sliding a pink handrail
Sean Fillenwarth hittin a Frontside
Strider Patton hittin a Frontside at Cornell
Bryndon with a royale on some bleachers