Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Your experiences with plates
May 9, 2006 by AnthoFlex

I made this so we can get different opinions on different plates...please dunt post "i think" just straight forward with what you have dealt with...
Replies

May 9, 2006AnthoFlex

I have dealt with only the express and BBK plates...my opinion:

Express: Kick ass on curbs...pretty fast..crazy lock-on

BBK's: Not enough to say much...but they're fast and have a very well balanced lock-on

May 9, 2006AnthoFlex

when i say not enough, i meant like i just got these ordnances and i havent used them much, so i dunt know a lot

May 9, 2006Surfaced

Give me two days. My Curbies will arrive tommorrow. I will evaluate those thoroughly, and I will encourage my friend to evaluate his Slipknots.

May 10, 2006Wesker

I have tried just about every plate for Soap shoes except for the Octanes, and really they're all pretty much the same when you wear them in.

The only exceptions being the Speedster plates on the Scortchers (Light and fast, narrow too and better suited for rails), The Impact plates (Really slow plates), and the Slipknot plates which are just amazing. The 50/50 plate is huge and molded so that you can hit any grind with ease and the lateral plate is just amazing and allows for some sick tricks.

May 10, 2006Surfaced

hey Wesker, since you are around, where did people acquire Octanes? I can't see them in the archive, apparently Slo-Bros came on Septums, and I don't see where they were sold.

May 10, 2006Curtinator

Yeah The Express shoes are awsome I have a pair and they work good but the problem is there size 10 and my feet size are 11 but it still foots good but its very tight I would use my bros old 11 express shoes but they are just messed and won't grind good at all. My brother has Scabs.

May 10, 2006Wesker

Octanes came on the last production run of the Sylons.

They were designed for rail grinding and were more thin than the normal plate.

May 10, 2006Surfaced

The last Sylons, eh?

Looks like I'll be looking around for those.

May 11, 2006Sugarfree

I've tried original uhf, bbk's, slo bros, and curb busters. The originals are good on rails but are not very durable as far as curbs and angle iron. The bbk's are badass on curbs and also pretty nice on rails, they are very durable tho, they can take a beatin. The slo bros lock onto rails really well and seem to be a pretty solid plate. My favorite by far tho is the curb busters, i've worn my boltars to work the past week grinding our parking blocks all day and these plates are unscathed! These things are amazingly strong, they slide well and they have this nice concave on the outer edge for royals. Another great thing about em is they are not flat, they place your feet at an inward stance when you're on your grinding surface so that you're not sliding on the edge of the plate wearing out a certain part but instead you're sliding on the entire plate! If i had to recommend any of the plates i've tried it would definately be the curb busters :)

May 11, 2006Surfaced

Yeah, your comment on the Curbies inspired me to to give them a shot. But unfortunately, they didn't arrive today. Damned Steve Deel... so ya they better arrive tomorrow.

May 11, 2006SapAuthor

Give it time surfaced, they will come, he's good on his word. Anyways, when i get my shoes, i'll have both the UHF original and some BBK plates, i'll try them out and post here what i think of both, but from waht i hear, the originals are going to pretty much suck and the BBKs rock.

May 16, 2006AnthoFlex

Yay, i just got gray BBKS.....i think i'll put them on the scabs i'm getting with those stupid UHF's

May 16, 2006Louis

I personally never used my originals all that much, purely because i wore straight through them within about a month of purchasing my first pair of soaps.
Since then i used bbks, and i personally love them. I found them to be really good on pretty much any surface, and i find them easy enough to tweak in.
However i still prefer the speedsters...if only they were replaceable...

May 21, 2006Mart

Slobros fo' life, incredible plates

May 24, 2006Primal

Scab greys and UHF plates. Never had a problem with either.

May 24, 2006SapAuthor

I like my express plates, as most have probably said before me they move fast and have very nice grooves to make staying centered easier.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside at John Deere Pavilion
SSCFSW Sam hittin a Frontside
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Gabriel hittin a Frontside
Joe Fitzgerald hittin a UFO