Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Rollerblading
May 18, 2006 by stlremz

Just curious why wouldn't you just rollerblade instead of just soaping...you can do far more variety of grinds and anything else. Oh yea and does any body on soaps do 450 royals...that might be kinda dope to see.
Replies

May 18, 2006SapAuthor

Simple, because with roller blades, if you want to go about your day, you have to unstrap and put on some reg shoes. Plus on skates you can't jump or menuever as much. Soaps are cool because it's like having all that but without having to put on all that gear, and you don't need to really "Set aside time" to go grind.

May 18, 2006AnthoFlex

450 royals?...........

May 18, 2006Louis

soapshoes aren't meant to be a contender against sports like rollerblading or skateboarding. Theyre just meant to be a bit of fun really, and as far as i know no one who does it takes them as seriously as they do other sports. Infact, alot of soapers are also bladers or skaters, but they soap on the side for fun

May 18, 2006stlremz

ohh I see I was just curious, you can maneuver alot more than you think in skates. It just takes some time getting used to having 5-10 pounds strapped to your feet. And by 450 royal I meant doing 450 degree spin into a royal, it's pretty common in rollerblading but it's hard and pretty scary to do also.

check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsgjbNFzE-Q

he does a 450 royal about half way through the video on this down ledge

May 19, 2006AnthoFlex

450? or 540?......last time i checked,450 isnt the best way to land a royale

May 19, 2006Louis

haha landing 450 would mean your landing sideways, perpendicular to the rail...im not sure how easy that would be for rolling/running out of a grind

May 19, 2006stlremz

yea it's 450 on skates at least becuase when you're skating towards a rail you're parallel to it. for example you spin 90 degrees to jump into royal position so that you're perpendicular on the rail. well if you only spin 360 you would just be parallel with the rail and not perpendicular. That's why you spin that extra 90 degrees after the 360 part so you're perpendicular with the rail hence the 450 degree spin is needed to land correctly on to the rail. Hope that came out right and made some since.

May 25, 2006onthegrindduude

plus with metal grind plates on blades you go faster and if you are learning how to grind you would want to learn on heelys with grind plate or soaps

May 25, 2006stlremz

haha there aren't metal grind plates on skates anymore...as a matter of fact there's no such thing as grindplates on skates period anymore. That went out back in 98

May 25, 2006AnthoFlex

lmao i wouldnt know cause i'm a sk8r

Jun 3, 2006teamhoax

soul plates and H blocks...

Jun 5, 2006Slidey

I sk8 and i know that they dont allow you to sk8 every where. sure you can do mizus and soyales in sk8s but you cant ride sk8s through a shopping centre can you?? you can find some pretty sweet street in places that sk8s cant go. sk8s are very haevy and you have 2 jump really high to get onto rails that are like knee hight but with soaps you can just do a normal jump. I find it easier to grind in soaps than in sk8s but sk8s can be used to grind faster
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jeff Hites, a Moline Police Officer doing a frontside
Ian Chandler hittin a frontside
Alexei Tajzler of DEOS hittin an Alley-Opp CG in Wilmington, Delaware
Sean Fillenwarth hittin a Frontside
Final Fantasy X hittin a Frontside