Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soapshoes.info Videos
May 21, 2006 by dunk

Sup people,

http://www.soapshoes.info">Soap Shoes Online has just put up a selection of approximately 70 small Soap Shoes Video clips from the archive, free for download. The clips feature the UKFSW and Relate crews. We're looking for videos, so anyone who wants their Soap Shoes Video hosting, drop me a line at grind [at] soapshoes.info.

Go http://www.soapshoes.info/soap-shoes-video.php">download the Soap Shoes Videos now!
Replies

May 21, 2006Mart

Nice! There are some incredible clips in there

May 21, 2006dunk

Dude... where are you? You're never online! *wimpers*

May 21, 2006dunk

Just added ERA (if anyone remembers it) to the list of videos available for download.

May 21, 2006Surfaced

Okay, about now would be a good time for MrMan to come in. He's got all of the DEOS, Clinin In A Can, and a lot more.

May 21, 2006Louis

Cool stuff, Just been watching all my collection of old soaping videos. I love that bit in era with the oldschool fsw's haha. "we freestyle walk anywhere we can for as long as we can, so long as we dont get busted" "no no you guys are nuts" haha

May 21, 2006SapAuthor

Hey, i finally made my first vid. Can you guys check it out and tell me what you think? I know i suck in it, lol (i'm the guy with the white shirt), but just the vid in general.
www.sonicandpals.com/soaps/vids/firstsoapexperience2.rar

If you don't have winrar, just download it to extract hte file, it's a free extractor.

May 21, 2006SapAuthor

erp, forgot to mention, it's a large file (28 mb or so), so if you dont' have high speed, then i wouldn't try to get it. I'm uploading it right now. Anyone know how to decrease file size without loosing too much quality? i've messed with video before but what is the norm.

May 21, 2006Wesker

Nice looking site, do you need any old online Soap media? I have just about every video ever posted online.

May 21, 2006Wesker

Trev: Cool video man, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

May 21, 2006dunk

HI Wesker, drop me an email. What kind of stuff do you have? I have a lot of old stuff I'm planning on putting online but maybe you have more. I can set you up an FTP account to upload to Soapshoes.info.

May 21, 2006Surfaced

OMG it will be so cool if we get this all up.

Trevor: a couple of questions-- is that the Christian skatepark you were telling me about? What were all of those kids fighting over? And no offense if you made that box-rail, but its a POS (but hey, those are hard to make).

May 22, 2006SapAuthor

To Surface:

Yup, that's skateside, the christian skate park. Those kids were fighting over a skateboard, one fo the girls was playing keep away and they all were launghing and pulled trying to get it, pretty funny. ANd yes, the entire park is kind of low qual, the owner built everything himself (which is actually pretty amazing). It's a non profit thing, can't be funded by city, so can't afford a lot. I went to a regular skate park in the gedo of the city, it was a really nice park, but the skatebaorders were a bunch of flunking drug dealers who had nothing better to do than to inflict pain on others (me) by rocketing their skateboards at shins (my leg's on ice). I'm trying to get people to help get money so skateside can buy a building isntead of rent, and help them get more stuff that people can work wtih, expecially soaping (they have a ton of ramps for skatebaords and blades, but only 2 very small circle grind rails). I wish there was a way to raise funds, the local churches wont' listen, i'm going to go talk to them myself.

May 22, 2006Mart

For your first time, that's not bad at all. It's good that you have quite a friendly skatepark to practice in, you can get the basics down there and then take it to street level

Quicktime, DivX, Windows Media Video are all good video formats (Quicktime in particular) and really shrink down the size of your files without compromising quality too much. You may have to fiddle around with the settings a bit to get what you want, but it's worth the time if you don't want people being put off by the huge download

May 22, 2006SapAuthor

hmm, so use a DivX compression at medium quality, that should od it (with some other tweeking and stuff, of course)

May 22, 2006Mart

If you want to use a video as a promotional tool to get more people hooked, you'd best not use that one. Wait until you get a bit better at Soaping and get someone to film you grinding things in the street; a few different grinds on some low rails and some nice ledges would be excellent for a short promo clip to show people

It's important to showcase a wide variety of different places when you're making a video. Don't fill your video up with frontsides on the same two or three obstacles, people will get bored. Use only your best stuff; if the video is short, keep it short or go out and video some more grinds on different obstacles

May 22, 2006SapAuthor

yah, the vid was more just for kicks, i've made a list of goals and tricks i need to accomplish, and tackling them slowly. I'll have to go to the community park, its the only place that has the material to learn on, just need to go at like 5 in the morning when the skateboard punks aren't there to hassle me.

May 23, 2006James

lmao...theres a Christian Skatepark over here too.

May 23, 2006dunk

More videos added today.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
greg morris says game over kids
Jon Thorpe hittin a Frontside
Dusty Ryder hittin a UFO on a ledge
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Sliding a wooden rail
Dario Nieva with a Backside UFO