Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
is this smart
Jun 12, 2006 by Jard39

I just thought of this and i was wndering if it would be smart to put wax on the bttem of your shoes so you can get a waxed feeling no matter where you SOAP.
Replies

Jun 12, 2006Mart

Putting wax on your plates is pointless, as it just wears off onto whatever you grind

Jun 12, 2006AnthoFlex

Yea, MArts right, also, whatever wax is still there later on will turn into a disgusting, dirty, flaky wax thing...This especially sux with Bright colored plates...

Jun 12, 2006Jard39

ok well it was just a quick thought

Jun 13, 2006Curtinator

Ive done that before.

Jun 13, 2006AnthoFlex

I think everyone has, even me.....but all that disgusting resadue....and its not even worth it...

Jun 13, 2006Mart

You get residue from wax wherever you put it, if it bothers you alot then you can find something to scrape it off with. If there's alot, you're probably using too much wax

Jun 14, 2006AnthoFlex

Yea i know but if you wax up ur plates ur gonna get more.....a little is easy to deal with.....i know ur gonna get resadue anywayz

Jun 14, 2006SapAuthor

i had this idea of some sort of device to attach to your shoe that would push a wax chunk down in front of the shoe to keep on waxing as you run. It was really stupid, but i thought i would put it up cuz it's doing me no good in my head.

Jun 14, 2006Jard39

i think thats a great idea

Jun 14, 2006AnthoFlex

i think thats a weird idea.....lol....any comments on ur part Mart?

Jun 14, 2006Mart

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Jun 14, 2006AnthoFlex

Nothing dude.....lmfao i didnt mean any disrespect.....its just that you and me are the only "commenters" here so i wanted to hear ur opinion.....seriosuly dude, no disrespect

Jun 14, 2006Mart

To be honest, I had the same idea a number of years back. However, it wouldn't work at all if you wanted to do more than one type of trick, ie if you had the wax applying on the rail when you do a frontside, it wouldn't work if you wanted to bust out a royale or a farf

And Antho, I've had a really shite day and I took that the wrong way, sorry about hitting out like that

Jun 14, 2006Go2Crew

Dudes, just curious because I'm must be missing the point, but if your worried about a wax buildup, why not use soap? Hench the name of the shoes! Soapers in CA were surfboard wax (Dr. Zog's Sex Wax was a favorite) and changed over to bar soap to slick-up the grind. Also it's water soluble so you can get it off easy. imho!

Jun 15, 2006AnthoFlex

Hey hey hey Mart......no hard feelings....actually, i had a shitty day myself....so i guess we both had an equally shit-filled day lolz ^_^

Jun 16, 2006SapAuthor

hmm...soap...i'll have to try that, maybe it would also be easier to mold and fit to the rail better for less passes.

Jun 16, 2006AnthoFlex

i rememebr back when i was REALLY young, the guys that live in my buidling use to In-line.....they said wax was good but Soap was better.......i never tried it so i cant really say much.....it just shows that more people than u think use Soap......i think imma try it too
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside at John Deere Pavilion
Hugo deLeon hittin a Frontside on the back porch
greg morris hittin a backside at olympic stadium
Louis Selby, knocking out another frontside for the bystanders during the UKFSW Fleet trip.
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside