Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Transform
Jun 20, 2006 by Kasperchaos

Do you think it would be possible to buy replacement plates, and then put those on normal shoes? Thanks.
Replies

Jun 20, 2006mgm

No

Jun 20, 2006Louis

try it

Jun 20, 2006Louis

im sure it will be brilliant

Jun 20, 2006Louis

to laugh at

Jun 20, 2006Mart

Video camera at the ready, thanks

Jun 20, 2006AnthoFlex

If you can get the impacts or express's off without fuking the actual shoe up, then yea

Jun 20, 2006AnthoFlex

i dunno about the impacts....i've been examining my Express' though

Jun 20, 2006mgm

How would you get the large arch in the soul of your shoe? Soap uses a very thick soul to make an arch. Even if you did have an arch it would not be the right shape to fit the plate.

Jun 20, 2006Mart

No, Antho, removing the Express or Impact plates would not work. They're a completely different shape, size and depth, for one, plus the hardware isn't there to fix them to the shoes

Jun 21, 2006AnthoFlex

Holy crap, i thought he was talking about putting them on Express' or any other non-replaceable shoe...as for u Mart, thanx for the info

Jun 21, 2006AnthoFlex

OMFG.... I h8 the way i type....my last comment sounded so threatening, i didnt mean any disrespect dude sorry bout that

Jun 21, 2006Surfaced

lol.

MGM has got it, both Soap shoes and Heelys utilize a very tall base to accommodate for the grindplate/ and or wheel, while trying to provide reasonable comfort. Slapping a grindplate on any old shoe wouldn't work too well. But if you were desparate, which even so I wouldn't recommend this, if you can find a way to gouge out an arch in your soles, with a decent amount of it left for your foot's sake, you could get half of a large PVC pipe and cement that on there. Still, if you try pulling grinds that need tweakage, you will probably tear your shoe over time, and your grindplate won't last for even a week.

In the end, you'd be better off stealing a pair of Soaps.

I don't advise that you do that, though.

Jun 21, 2006Surfaced

P.S.

When I was talking about gouging soles, I was talking about your shoes' soles. Not your feet... ouchie momma.

Jun 21, 2006Kasperchaos

well thanks for the advise, it's just hard to find soaps nowadays

Jun 21, 2006SapAuthor

dude,it's next to impossible. First you would have to get hte plate, and somehow make the mold in the shoe through some sort of cutting or melting the rubber. Next you would have to glue the plate on to the shoe without it coming off. Just buy a pair of soaps dude, u'll be better off.

Jun 21, 2006AnthoFlex

Hey kasperchaos dude.....IM me at AnthoFlex ok? we can talk more about ur SOaps issue a little l8r on.....but right now i g2g....ITS 8:20 a.m and its GO SK8 DAY!!! That means Sk8board!!!!!!! YAY!!

Jun 21, 2006Mart

...on a Wednesday? What about school?

Jun 21, 2006James

School has been out for quite awhile.

Jun 22, 2006AnthoFlex

Jun 22, 2006AnthoFlex

Oh yea, u live in the UK.....ummm.....School is kinda out.....its not out YET James....its just different days are assigned to different city-wide testing, if u have a test (regents its called) that day, u go to take the test, if not.....well, Day off for you.....this goes on for about two weeks here in Queen, NYC....i had regents for the first 2 days, now i have all of those days off + when summer vacation starts....pretty kool huh? lolz

Jun 22, 2006SapAuthor

sorry antho, no school out yet sucks.

Jun 22, 2006AnthoFlex

well.......for me its out....i have NO more regents and i'm NOT going to summer school....so for me its out...lolz ^_^

Jun 22, 2006broox

Zach was broke once and screwed inline skate grind plates to the sides of shoes, haha

Jun 22, 2006Kasperchaos

i was thinking abou doing that too

Jun 22, 2006Kasperchaos

but i'm in luck, i just won soap Chaos from ebay
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Gabriel hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farfegnugen
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink
Mark hittin a frontside at work
Mart hittin another stylish royale