Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Sizing/Fitting
Jun 20, 2006 by Attack1

Does anyone know if soap shoes fit the same as heelys, because i dont believe there are any stores around me that carry soaps to try on i believe i would need to order them off the internet. also does anyone have any suggestions of where to find them in the U.S.?
Replies

Jun 20, 2006Mart

Generally you should go up a size for Soaps, although I can't say if that applies to the Heely styles

The easiest thing you could do if you can't find a retailer that stocks Soaps is to send HSL an e-mail and ask them, they'll know for sure

Jun 21, 2006AnthoFlex

i also read that sumwhere too...as for the Heely's, On flywalk.co.uk (im not too sure but) in red print it says, for Heely's, size up a Half or a Full size....I think for example:

If ur a size 9.5 - upsize to a 10

If ur a 9.0 - upsize to a 10 as well

Maybe its like that i dunno....u can just ask HSL if you want

info@soapshoes.net

Jul 22, 2006AnthoFlex

Since this is the size/fitting post, i was wondering, in the plate sizing, As the size goes up, does the plate have to get wider or longer? I was wondering this becuase i thought for example, if sumone is a size 5 in SOap shoes, wont the plate be too small to take on most rails? So i thought that maybe ALL the plates were the same size in length.

Jul 22, 2006Mart

Well, since size 5 shoes are both narrower and shorter than size 12 shoes, I would imagine that the plates are smaller in both of these dimensions

Maybe smaller plates are better for locking onto rails since the groove in them (I'm talking BBKs here) would be small enough to lock in properly without much sliding around. Larger plates will invariably be flatter, so the slide-around factor would be increased

Jul 22, 2006Go2Crew

Yes there's a difference. As a comparison, the plate specification differences between a size 5-6 and a size 13-14 are as follows: From the center line, 5/8 inches wider, 1 inch longer. Using the Slo-Bro as an example, yes the 13-14 lock-in area is wider and not as tight as the 5-6 (a little looser, less lock-in), as the entire plate has merely been expanded (enlarged) in all aspects except the screw channel width and screw hole diameter. There are no additional design elements -ridges/grooves- in a larger plate. You just have more area to cover, hence the reason you must have sized plates to fit the shoes size. Clear as mud, no?

Jul 23, 2006AnthoFlex

My eyes are spinning but yea i got it...Thanx guys...By the way, Steve, do you have any Curb Busters in a size 10?

Jul 23, 2006Go2Crew

First of all, glad you still have power in your part of Queens. Bet ConEd is pulling out their hair! The only sets I have left in size 9-10 are 2 UHF and one BBK (all in black). Closest I have in Curb-busters is one black and one gray in 7-8, and also one slightly scratched up set of blacks in 7-8. I just swapped them to a a size 10 Ordnance Flint and they fit-on but it is to the absolute front end of the screw channel ears, somewhat short. If you can find a 9-10 set somewhere, it really needs the extra 1/8 inch width and 3/16 length to fit properly. Otherwise, using the smaller size plate the two front screw channel ears will be taking most of the stress. They will probably break after a while.

Jul 23, 2006AnthoFlex

Yea dude ConEd is like going nuts here....they been working their asses off tyo get the power back on....But not in Corona, (where i live) mostly in Astoria....lmfao, isnt that ironic....like 15% of astoria is the ConEd plant...hmmm...imma do a few measurements and stuff and then i'll get back to you on the Curbies....its just i really wanna try em lol
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jordan hittin a Fakie Freestyle Backslide
Ryan hittin a Royale
Chris Wren sliding in front of some nice Junipers
Danny Lynch with a backside at the Korean Bell, Palos Verdes
Strider Patton hittin a Frontside