Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
I'm new (~Help~)
Jul 16, 2006 by MaxHudson

Are they still selling Soaps in stores?
I notist that there going to make more? Is that around the world or just UK or US?
Replies

Jul 16, 2006MaxHudson

Also is the Heelys Torch with Grind pad worth it?

Jul 16, 2006Rick

As for where the models will be sold, I have no clue...but the Torch has the Express plate which came (and will come) on all recent Soap models. So, if you feel like having that "cool" wheel, it should be the same.

Jul 16, 2006MaxHudson

I don't really want the wheel that much :/How much are soaps right now at a store?

And what os a good soap to start with?

Jul 16, 2006Surfaced

I think it's safe to say that Soap shoes are no longer available in physically-visitable stores. There are still some places on the internet where you can get them, and you can find a list of those stores at soapshoes.info

Jul 16, 2006MaxHudson

I think it would be cheaper/easyer to buy a Heely and take out the roller.

How good is the Grinding Plate on the heelys?
And how long do they last?

Jul 16, 2006Slidey

That wouldn't be a good idea seeing as the heely's design makes the shoe stiff and uncomfortable. And there are places on the net that sell soaps for £34 in the UK and some that ship around the world.

Jul 16, 2006Mart

eBay

Jul 16, 2006MaxHudson

Cheaked Ebayb and they had This ~ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170007995491

Can somone tell me what type they are and if there worth it?

Jul 16, 2006Go2Crew

Thats the Flow Charcoal with the Impact Plate[Fall 2001 production]. Its a great shoe and at current bid of $20.00US, that's damn good deal. It fits well, grinds respectibly, and if you need as size 12, go for it dude.

Jul 17, 2006SapAuthor

Um, is'nt anyone going to tell the person that soaps are coming back to stores? I have a guy in FL right now who carries Heely shoes, and is going to ask about the SOAP shoes. He said he would be more than happy to ship out so people can buy the shoes from his store anywhere and get them shipped out. As long as it works out, he's going to be my sites (www.sonicandpals.com)'s official SOAP dealer for my fans when i open up the SOAP section in 20 days.

Jul 17, 2006Mart

Dude, I think I mentioned this before but I'm sure people are going to want to start Soaping over the summer, not when school starts again. Bad move on HSL's part in my opinion. Plus the old styles look so much nicer than the new models

Jul 18, 2006Surfaced

Word up. Martin speaks the truth.

Jul 19, 2006Go2Crew

Mart, you are absolutely correct. The traditional new style introductions have for years been Spring and Fall. As there was no Spring 2006 new style intro for Soap, HSL is now somewhat out of marketing syncronization - a Fall (after BTS) intro will miss the Summer activity completely and although it will time-out OK for Holiday sales, it could perhaps be to late for major grinding activity for our Canadian and Northern US buds, by the time the styles are fully stocked to Retail. Which would be a shame, imho.

Jul 19, 2006SapAuthor

True, but i think we should be optimistic and take this as a challange. We got to start the selling out strong, very strong, which can be hard in fall. If they see we can sell them even in the winter times, maybe it will tell them they should invest more in it for spring?

Jul 19, 2006Mart

...surely it would be much better to introduce new styles in Summer (for the summer holidays) and Winter (to capitalise on Christmas/Hanukkah)?
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Daz Burt pulling a frontside 'nugen during the UKFSW Ipswich trip.
Bryndon hittin a backslide at the Cedar Rapids Soap Demo
mark hittin a frontside at work
Sean Fillenwarth hittin a Frontside
Wyatt Peterson busting a fastslide