Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soap Photo Ideas: what should I do??
Aug 13, 2006 by Ryozox

Hey, I was planning on taking a sick photo of me grinding, but I have no ideas. Can anyone give me some?
Replies

Aug 14, 2006Ryozox

I mean "sick" as in awesome. lol

Aug 14, 2006SapAuthor

hm, if possible get fish lense, or maybe software that can do that effect, fishlense effect is always a plus.

Aug 14, 2006Ryozox

Aight! I got a fish lense program, so thats a good idea! Umm, what should I grind on?

Aug 14, 2006Mart

No no no. The way a fisheye lens works is that it captures a much wider view than a normal lens, and as a result they exaggerate depth of field (makes close objects appear really close and distant objects look miles away) and distort the image by trying to get as wide a view as possible (the 'fisheye' effect is this image distortion). Fisheye programs are bullshit because there is no way they can pull in this additional image data because it simply isn't there. Fisheye effects just make people look fat and round, that's all there is to it

If you want a fisheye effect to your pictures, the only way to get it is to get a fisheye lens. However, you certainly don't need a fisheye lens to get sick looking pictures. A fisheye lens won't make a shit grind look dope; I'd much rather see an awesome grind taken normally than a weak grind taken with a fisheye or, even worse, edited with some shitty faux fisheye effect

Aug 14, 2006Ryozox

Yeah, I was expirementing on that and it doesn't really look good with the effect -_-;
lol, I'm gonna try pullin' a royale on a train track, that'd be pretty sweet

Aug 14, 2006Mart

No it wouldn't, that's barely a step up from a practice rail

Aug 19, 2006Ryozox

well, I'm not really ALL that good yet.. Main reason is, i have no real rails where I live..
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink
Dusty Ryder hittin a Makio
Loren dalla betta hittin a UFO on handrail
Greg Morris hittin a Farfegnugen
Zach Larson hittin a Royale