Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Dead
Mar 13, 2011 by Joshua3109

Im sorry but im quite sure SOAPS are dead. I mean I have 3 pairs myself and it was years ago when I got them and nothing changed. Well, if anything, they have lost even more popularity.
I myself being 19 do not use them anymore either. I have red and black ordnances, black expresses and white expresses.
I do miss them but its just not "cool" anymore if it ever was. That sole reason is why they will not come back again unless a miracle is to occur.

I want opinions on this perspective of mine even if it is disagreement. Thank you

Replies

Mar 17, 2011Brad

Well no shit :P

Mar 17, 2011TehOne

What size are your soaps?

Mar 17, 2011Revengasaur

Yeah, just goes to show that human beings are fickle and superficial. Soaps were doomed for a lot of reasons, not least of all by the fact that soaps are inherently goofy in some ways, but I feel like the corporate assholes at HSL had a lot to do with it also. They only wanted the plate patents so they could make their wheely shoes move more units. They could bring soaps back if they wanted to, but it would cost too much up front Via advertising and "Rebranding" to find a viable market. Really, for soaps to take off again we'd need the same sort of teenage "Stokedness" we had in the late 90's. Pop-punk was king and doing stupid goofy shit and "not giving a fuck" was almost a guaranteed way to become popular. Teenagers now are all too self absorbed and tied up with all their "Serious Shit" on facebook to go out and get stoked on something silly and fun. Therefore, yes, soaps will probably stay dead for the foreseeable future.

Mar 17, 2011Revengasaur

Also that whole "Nothing is cool" hipster attitude that teenagers seem to be mortally obsessed with is pretty fucking embarrassing. Without social networking I feel like our teenagers would be in a better spot attitude-wise.

Mar 17, 2011Brad

Spot on, spot on. I could honestly not care less if someone said I was stupid looking while soaping. It's all bout just having fun.

Mar 18, 2011Revengasaur

Love it, Live it. Fun is all you remember when you're old. Have it now, whether it's skidding around on slidey shoes, or whatever. It might all be over tomorrow.

Mar 18, 2011Altman

The fact that most of you guys still manage to come around here says something. As long as the memory stays alive, a little part of Soap shoes will as well. Hell, you might even get bored one day and go out wearing a pair, turning the world into your playground like the old days. They're pretty SLICK looking kicks.

Mar 18, 2011TehOne

I agree with Altman =D

Mar 25, 2011NostalgicSpeed

I'm in about the same position as you dude.19, but I haven't gotten myself a pair yet. But, I'd like to buy the White Expresses off of you if you have a size around 10? LOL.

Mar 26, 2011Brad

bump

Apr 15, 2011Joshua3109

Im not selling my SOAPS, sorry. But ya, about not caring what people think. Its true that its a good way to be but its hard to have fun when your being made fun of in my opinion.

Here where I live there is a group of emo kids in a certain part of town that "don't care what people think". Needless to say they actually get egged by people driving by in cars and such. I would not imagine this as fun

Apr 15, 2011TehOne

wow, that really sucks for them :/
Where I live, there are me and about two other people who don't give a fuck xD Everyone else is ultra mega chavtastic and obsessed with xbox and ps3

Apr 15, 2011zelda

theres plenty to buy on ebay

Apr 15, 2011sam

Are you really that insecure about yourself to the point that you care if people think your lame for doing something you love? If so I can't imagine you having much fun in life. Learn to roll with the punches brah.

Apr 20, 2011Wesker

It's been dead a long time. Dead even after it was revived. Just go out and have fun with the pairs you have left and let your friends use your extras if you wanted another person with you for a session or two.

When the Soap shoes are gone, there will always be the Heelys grind shoes.

The company "Soap" has not existed in the way it was awesome for many many years, so the brand loyalty thing is kinda moot at this point.

Just go out and have fun.

Apr 21, 2011Surfaced

People still post here? Damn.

Really, there's nothing left to do but have fun with your shoes now. Forget campaigning, forget reviving... do what you enjoy.

Apr 24, 2011Joshua3109

You by's inspired me, Im going to try and revive my Soaps. Ill make them look brand new again and see what happens. Ill post up the pics when I get them cleaned up.

May 23, 2011blakeashake

wow theres a couple users i havent seen on here for years!!!

Aug 2, 2011matrix8967

Lots of good memories on this forum. I've not posted in like what? 4 or 5 years?

Good kicks, Good guys. I still have all my gear too. Tons of stickers, plates, shoes, different Keys, screws, etc.

Sad that they're just a fad, but that doesn't change how much fun they were to me (and others.)

Anyway, I suppose I'll post again in another 4-5 years :P

---Alex
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City
Louis Selby hittin a Farf
Mart hittin another stylish royale
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at Wash U
Jeff Hites, a Moline Police Officer doing a frontside