Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soap Shoes Will Always be Around
Feb 15, 2012 by RamenRadio

Despite what HSL has done, Soap Shoes will always be a small part of our lives that we will not forget.

Good times or bad times we all made some good friends because of soap shoes and even though live keeps going I won't forget it. The only reason why team relate and everyone else on team soap or UKFSW isn't around is because they didn't want life to stop just because HSL's life has stopped, therefore we shouldn't do the same.

We've had a lot of backlash at each other and that's fine, without the bad you wouldn't know what the good was. Nonetheless with the current economic crisis it's my strong belief HSL will not be reviving the popularity it once had. To avoid political backlash, this will be kept to myself.

HSL can keep fighting to keep itself afloat, it's understandable they do have employees to keep from going on unemployment. When they do finally crumble though, its my full intention to buy any patents from soap shoes and start over the way it should have been done. We were all kids and we didn't know how to run a business or work with people, its my strong belief now though that we have learned and those who are still willing to fight for SOAP will contact me one day and help.

Until then, sure buy a pair of soap shoes on ebay if they come about why not? Soap shoes are always stylish now and always.

Post some pictures or videos, it doesn't matter right now how sick the grind is. We want to see everyone who is interested in soap shoes, because whether you keep trying or you just ask any of us who have been soaping for years, you can be as good as anyone from team relate.

Thanks for the memories guys, I look forward to hearing from all of you.
Replies

Feb 15, 2012gongon1037

maybe we should stop soaping to try and revive the company, but soap just for the fun of it. HSL has not done anything to support grinding shoes(even heelys stopped making there shoes with grinding plates. why stop worring about the company(for now) and just have fun with the shoes that we have(for now)

Feb 15, 2012gongon1037

If more people see us having fun(mostly kids)the more they'll think "Wow That Looks Like Fun. I Better Ask Them Where I Can Get A Pair) maybe in the future a differnt shoe company, or skate company will buy soap from HSL, but for now lets just have fun and enjoy what we have(for now):)

Feb 16, 2012RamenRadio

Dan thanks for your reply it's appreciated. If you read my post though, I point out that when Hsl goes out of business I will buy any soap patents to attempt making soap shoes again.

Of course keep grinding though, absolutely. It would be great for my old budds and I to go soaping again one day. Don't stop soaping.

Feb 16, 2012gongon1037

i'll support u all the way! It shouldn't take long till HSL goes out of business(i hope). i don't hate heelys i just don't like the name(heelys) and there shoes design.

Feb 16, 2012Brad

I recently showed a buddy of mine what soaping is and he jumped on it in a goddamn second. He kept asking to borrow a set of mine so eventually I just gave them to him and every freaking day he wants to go out soaping with me :P. Just goes to show you never know who'll love the sport and want it back. I'll be sure to try and get some pics up ;P

Feb 16, 2012RamenRadio

lmao nice Brad

Feb 17, 2012Louis

I'm waaaaaay more into my slalom skateboarding nowadays, and i can't really see myself soaping again as i dont think im up to it like i was back in the day, but I'd still love to see soapshoes come back and a new wave of kids getting into it.
UKFSW days were rad and were a defining part of my youth, and for that I'm really grateful. I get a bit of stick here and there from my skating mates for having done soaping in the past, and i have to agree to some extent soaping was a bit weird and kooky (just like slalom skateboarding haha), but i had so much fun doing it so what the hell! If you're having fun and not harming anyone else then who cares?!
on a seperate note, just to tease you guys but UKFSW probably has houuuurrss of unseen footage stashed away on many many mini DV tapes.... i wonder if one day we can do something with them, remember we talked of releasing a dvd back in the days before the rest of our lives took over ;)

Feb 17, 2012Brad

I know exactly what you mean Louis. If I go a day without taking my longboard out and bombing a hill, I go insane. Still though, it'd be pretty goddamn nifty if there was a bunch of new soap media out there, just sayin'.

Speaking of which, you release that footage right now, mister man. I don't even care if it's raw and unedited.

Please?

Feb 17, 2012Louis

haha, yeah. Ah cool to hear youre into longboarding too! check out this video of me and my mate from sky sports (national sports channel on the uk's satelite tv service) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n7UiZUmXUA

as for footage, im not even sure which of us has the tapes (its not me haha) but perhaps one day :D

Feb 17, 2012gongon1037

i also been more into skateboarding myself now, but i still soap every now & then in public areas(mostly indoor areas). i also take them to skateparks grind a few spots, but it's hard to wear them out in public sometimes because they look so damn ugly lol some like some dont im still saving up money to buy a brand new pair i found online. then i'll feel more comefortable soaping in public lol but still i dont plan to stop soaping in the near future.

Feb 17, 2012Brad

That;s crazy louis. i've always been interested in slalom, but have mostly stuck to dh/freeriding. I guess im lucky to love in BC where its pretty much the longboarding mecca of the world :P

Back on topic though, soaping is rad, dont stop, have fun, go big!

Feb 17, 2012wyattpeterson

yea when i soaped handrails and made that video i probaly got 10 kids to buy soaps from soapshop
...since i was doing handrails n tech stuff i also got the attention of older kids but i still soap for the fun of it ...its still part of me and sick as hell to me i might not soap everyday or anything but there is nothing like hitting a handrail and just having fun

if another sport took time away from soaping it would be blading but if we wanted to get more attention we would need to have more people of higher skill levels to do some stuff like relate in a collaboration but it seems like its only me and a few people interested or people have changed hobbies

lol louis your upperbody is tweaking out when your cutting those concrete turns man crazy stuff

Feb 20, 2012RamenRadio

insane stuff louis
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Yassir playing on the playground
Wyatt Peterson busting a fastslide
Mart hittin a Royale on one of the huge rails at Beaumont School, St Albans
Maxwell hittin a Royale
Dunk hittin a Unity during the UKFSW Trip to Leicester, July '04