Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Need tips, getting first pair
Jun 27, 2012 by applerulez1

In a few days im finally going to have enough money for my first pair of soaps. Im getting white scabs! I wanted to ask where to get grind plates in size 12 besides the original plate. And I need tips on being able to soap the best I cant jump up on a railing very well and I wanted some tips. Thanks
Replies

Jun 27, 2012Brad

grats on getting some soaps! i wouldn't worry too much about getting new plates right off the bat though. its good to get them worn down some so you can take rails without hauling major ass. the shoes i've been using are in worse shape than my plates tbh :P as for tips there's not a whole lot i can give, its mostly one of those things that you learn by doing, not by reading (but maybe that's just me) all i can say is keep trying, dont let bailing stop you and challenge yourself by doing bigger and beter things.

Jun 28, 2012gongon1037

Well said. Its good to start small. you should practice on street curbs first, that'll also help wear out your plates a little.

Jun 28, 2012applerulez1

Ok thanks when I get them I guess ill keep on trying till I get good at it. Im not so sure about starting on curbs cause it will bust up my plates wont it? My problem with rails is i bail when I try to jump up on it lately, cause I hurt my ankle once.

Jun 28, 2012gongon1037

BBK grind plates are really tough and can take plenty of damage. you can also try grinding on out door table benches , or park benches. And remember,
The World is your Playground.

Jun 28, 2012applerulez1

Wait the scabs have bbk grind plates? Ive checked my town n found all the spots I cant wait!

Jun 29, 2012wyattpeterson

scabs have original UHF
they were my first pair of soaps

Jun 30, 2012gongon1037

the original UHF are good plates to practice on. Not the best plates, but they come in handy for me sometimes.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Adam Wasielewski hittin a Sidewalk
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Pretty Royale
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School
Casey Faris hittin a Nugen
Strider Patton hittin a Frontside