Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Herr Wilson.
May 31, 2013 by kowalski

After much scouring of the internets I found these slightly used Herr Wilson's on the German eBay - http://www.ebay.de/itm/Salomon-Mr-Wilson-Grind-Schoes-Gr-47-/151051905495?ViewItem=&;item=151051905495&nma=true&si=TtlIjYxSRYrt78%252B%252BZIfSNs%252F7s3g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There was some frantic last-second-bidding which I succeeded in winning. Including postage to Norway they cost me a few pennies less than 30€. Due in about a week.

Mega-excited.

Peace,

kowalski
Replies

Jun 4, 2013Revengasaur

That's supreme news my brother. You will LOVE THEM.

Jun 5, 2013Relate2Videos

Good for you man :)

Jun 11, 2013kowalski

I ran to the Oslo Postkontor to collect my Herr Wilsons today. Got there just in time before they shut.

Went straight outside. Unwrapped them quickly. Put them on. Found a bench. Makio'd it hard. Landed in a hedge. Lots of blood. Had another go. Hedged it again. Repeated this awhile. Eventually landed it.

If these are slower than the Broadsides, then at my current skill-level I'm glad of the reduced speed.

Jun 11, 2013kowalski

I'm heading out in a minute, so I'll post some pixies up later.

However, first impressions are that these shoes are significantly bulkier and at the same time significantly lighter than my Scabs.

Both pairs of shoes are the same official size (Euro 47). The Herr Wilsons fit perfectly snugly, whereas the Scabs have more space in the toe area. The softer materials used in the Herr Wilsons make them the comfier shoe overall. For now ... Maybe once I wear in my Scabs a bit, they will soften up a bit too.

Overall I like the style of the shoe, they definitely look better in real life than on the pictures I've seen. Except the tongue, which is unnecessarily puffy and uggs up the shoe a bit.

The quick release laces work well, though I'm not sure what you are supposed to do with the long, dangerous lasso that is created when you tighten them. Currently I am tucking it behind the ugly, puffy tongue, but it would be better if there was a built in solution for this.

Jun 11, 2013Relate2Videos

be careful and gentle with those laces though, one of them broke on me when I pulled on them too tight and I ended up getting rid of them.

also most shoes with removeable grind places are typically heavier than ones that are non-removeable. Not too much of an explanation why, thicker plates and more material used on the shoes were my guess.

Jun 11, 2013zelda

nice lol I must see this

Jun 11, 2013mindreader

sick!

Jun 11, 2013kowalski

I have been thinking about that myself, as people state repeatedly on here that built in plates made lighter shoes.

It makes sense because you don't only need the sturdy plate. You also need some metal screws and something strong to screw the plate into and create a stable foot bed above the plate and screws.

Jun 11, 2013Revengasaur

I only seem to notice on the express-plate shoes. My Cleans/Wilsons seem the same weight to me. Expresses seem really light, but nowhere near as light as scorchers. Scorchers are like soaping in magic socks.

Jun 11, 2013Relate2Videos

accurate description of the scorchers
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
greg morris hittin a backside at olympic stadium
Casey Faris hittin a Nugen
These guys kicked me out of the mall for soaping that day
greg morris hittin a royale downtown --> wellington st. bridge
Jay Sers hittin a Stylish frontside as the sun sets