Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
I have a great idea
Jun 7, 2013 by extremesoaper12

How about we all make a new soap movie, where we can just record our own footage and get someone to edit them together. And i don't mean old footage, i mean some fresh NEW footage. So how about it guys?
Replies

Jun 7, 2013kowalski

Well, as long as me and my girl keep Soaping we shall also keep filming and posting video clips here. Maybe in time we will be good enough to submit some footage for a bigger project like this.

Jun 7, 2013kowalski

I've watched a few Soap edits now and I have the same complaints with nearly all of them.

1. Too many simple tricks
2. Not enough trick variation
3. Grinds with a negative style rating
4. Locations where a skater or a skateboarder could do something better

To make a decent edit we would need:

1 & 2. Whirlwind Farfs, Royales with spinning dismounts, Savannahs and Unitys. A basic Frontslide or UFO should only be included if the rail was a beast and the grind was styling.

3. No grinds that don't look cool as fuck. Good leg position, good and, smooth arms, chill expression.

4. Lots of indoor stuff. Soaps can go places skates and boards could never get to without special permission. This really showcases one of Soaps main USPs. You want people thinking "Wow! That is the coolest thing that could ever be done in this location" not "Wow! That'd be a cool place to skate / board. You could do a way cooler trick there."

Jun 7, 2013kowalski

Woah! I forgot about tricks using the Soleplate too (probably because mine haven't arrived yet), but they really add stacks of variation and some potentially uber-technical tricks to the catalogue.

Just some stuff I have been repeatedly thinking about as I've gone through the old Soap edits and pictures.

Personally I'm still a long way from being landing anything good enough to feature in such and edit.

Time for more practice!

Jun 7, 2013Relate2Videos

kowalski has exactly the right idea, I couldn't have said it any better. I'm beyond impressed :)

Jun 7, 2013gongon1037

i got my chaos yesterday, and i was walking by a school that was having a talent show and i saw this simple rail.

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gongon1037/media/soap/20130606_190207_zps53045211.mp4.html?sort=3&;o=4

I know its not much, but i hope u like it.
some people walking by asked me if i was going to be in the talent show lol, that would have been cool

Jun 7, 2013gongon1037

i was busting a ufo

Jun 7, 2013camaro126

Nice, good grind! Did anyone ask you what they were? It always amazes me how few people have actually heard of Soaps...

Jun 7, 2013Relate2Videos

props, i'd upload it to youtube

Jun 7, 2013zelda

do it

Jun 7, 2013gongon1037

there is one more thing I want to share with you guys.

I called SBG(Sequential Brand Group) again, and I was talking to someone on the phone, and I asked them about soap shoes. i got into a conversation with them for like five minutes. then I asked them if they had any plans on releasing soaps in the near future, and he said that they have been getting plenty of calls about people wanting soap shoes again, so he told me that we MIGHT be seeing the rebirth of soap shoes by the end of this year.

Im not 100% sure about it yet. But after hearing what he said i left my name and phone# again, hung up, and jumped in the air with joy.

I'll keep contacting them. hopefully i get a call back from them first

Jun 7, 2013gongon1037

Camaro
2 people did ask me about my soaps, but they looked like they were in there 40s. kid were watching me though, they loved it

travis
that's awesome! i'll try finding more spots like this to upload :)

Jun 7, 2013camaro126

I don't want to get my hopes up but if they bring them back then HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL YESSSS!!!!! Obviously a representative on the phone won't have a lot of knowledge or even be able to let such information out without an announcement or finalization but the fact that he could even say that is very interesting.

Maybe this means the "Under Construction" thing is real and they plan on relaunching it sometime...

Jun 7, 2013Relate2Videos

That's actually excellent news, post their phone number in a thread so everyone can contact them haha.

Also keep it up, you'll be making your own tWo in no time.

Jun 7, 2013Revengasaur

Well for those of us who have kept the struggle going and pushed from every angle, even the mention of something positive from anyone vaguely related to the company that owns soap is a cause for celebration. Good work my man!

Jun 8, 2013kowalski

Nice grinds gongon and also good work on the SBG info.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Cheese Grater
Sonic the Hedgehog sliding a vine with his scorchers
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Sliding a pink handrail
Jon Thorpe hittin a Frontside