Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
SOAPing Music
Sep 15, 2006 by Jard39

i was just wondering is there a soaping music? because i know skateboarders and rollerbladers have a certain type of music they listen to. so what would that be for SOAPers?
Replies

Sep 15, 2006Slidey

SONIC MUSIC!!! lol jokin. Basically it's kinda the same as skateborders and rollerbladers. Any type of good rock. and can be slow because theres a lot of walking around in soaping.

Sep 15, 2006Wesker

Traditionally Soap vid's have been comprised of Rock and Dance music, with the very rare occourances of Rap every now and then.

Really you can use any song/genre you want. When you're editing the video and you get the feeling that a song compliments it very well or you're able to sync up grinds and beats, then you're good.

Sep 15, 2006Tatacker

Well, I haven't made a vid yet, but I have my own style when it comes to listening to music while soaping some where..

Usually is rock and house, along with some J-rock/J-pop. =D

Sep 15, 2006Surfaced

Okay, no offense to those who have used Sonic the Hedgehog themes in their videos, but
"Escape from the City" isn't really a good selection.

And Crush 40 certainly makes it sound cheesy, as the same goes for most of their other tunes. Johnny's "ooooh"s and "yeeeah"s often sound fit for a commercial about Transformers or Hot Wheels, etc.

Some of you are probably pissed off at me for saying this, because you used it.
Consider this one of the boldest things I will ever say.

Sep 15, 2006SapAuthor

A good song if it's really intense vid, could be the music in Sonic Adventure 2 on the Jungle level as Sonic, it's heavy metal with a fast pace. THe mission was a time mission so the music was designed to get your adrenaline pumping.

Sep 15, 2006AnthoFlex

There is no "SOAPING" music......Whatever you listen to is your Soaping music......wow

Sep 15, 2006AnthoFlex

and by the way, Crush 40 is just fine

Sep 21, 2006Kaz

ska is the soap music its cool. its punk and rega

Sep 21, 2006snares

what an odd question.
its whatever you enjoy listening to!

If its for a video, then i guess you would have to be more selective, choose something that fits the pace/theme of the vid.
if its fast grinds and all out madness. Then maybe some punk, heavy rock, dance etc.
If its a little slower-paced and technical, maybe some hip-hop, electronic, trip-hop, rap.
but seriously, there really isnt any such thing as 'skater music/golf music/soccer music/boxing music/soaping music'.
You listen to music for the enjoyment of it and if theres some tracks that really get you in the mood to bust-out some mad tricks. then rock-on.
but dont start Labeling it as 'soapers music' as everyone has different tastes.
create your own style, enjoy the music you like and have fun with it.

Sep 21, 2006SapAuthor

true that, although i would have to say, good luck fitting country music to soaping ;)

Sep 21, 2006Wesker

I think Sloppy Seconds had a song that was countryish.

Sep 21, 2006Go2Crew

I don't know Trev ... a little Cross-Canadian Ragweed or the new one by the Wreckers gets a TX boy going (the chicks in the Wreckers are hot!). Add some more cross-country, finish it off with some Tool, followed by a little Led Zeppelin, and an AC/DC "Back in Black" or a Bob Marley finale and you have totally mixed-up mix.

Sep 22, 2006DeanSoaper

I agree with Kaz ska is like perfect for soaping, it like punk, but then with the energeticness to it, but also metal, it gets you in a hardcore, "i can do anything" mood

Sep 22, 2006Kaz

woot to ska

Sep 22, 2006dunk

DetroitFSW was all aboiut the ska.

Sep 22, 2006SapAuthor

sorry to be slow on the term, but whats ska?

Sep 22, 2006Wesker

Ska is a type of music, it's like punk but with big band instruments, trumpets and the like.

Sep 22, 2006Kile

yo check out these bands there good to soap 2

*The toasters
*The casualties
*suicidal tendencies
*La Symphony
*quasimoto
*dropkick murphys
*catch22

Sep 24, 2006DeanSoaper

Hell yea to Catch 22, The Casualties, ST, Dropkick Murphys, and Ska in general, which is what me and my girlfriend call, basically, Punk with trumpets.

Sep 25, 2006blakeashake

o yea murphys are so sweet

Sep 25, 2006Jard39

ive heard of Dropkick murphys suicidal tendencies and the casualties

i thought all of them were pretty good though ive only heard like one song by them

Sep 26, 2006Sigma

My favorite artist to listen to while Soaping is MF DOOM.

Sep 26, 2006AnthoFlex

I dunt listen to music while i Soap, one time i did, my friend lent me his Ipod, it really gets up pumped

Sep 27, 2006blakeashake

when i sopa i like to,listen to any hard music. most of the time it is drowning pool-bodies.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at Wash U
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School