Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Sonic Boom--possible deal?
Feb 9, 2014 by chicagoan

There is a reboot of the Sonic series coming out called "Sonic Boom". As Sonic was a success in promoting the original soap shoe, if soap are to come back what about a second sponsorship deal?

This game isn't due to be issued in a few years however many sonic games still use the rail grind mechanic. Therefore it may be easy to integrate and slap a few ads ingame here and there. At this day and age you could probably put the soap logo on Sonic's shoes.
Replies

Feb 9, 2014grug250

fuck yeah man thats a madd idea :)

Feb 10, 2014mcgrinder2011

That sounds sick. We oucht to convince SBG to do that when they re release Soap. btw I think Sonic Boom is already ann event in real life, an upcoming tv show set after the game, and a famous song which is the main theme of Sonic CD.

Let's not forget about the TV episode of the STH series(still available on Itunes).

Feb 10, 2014mcgrinder2011

btw I think they may be removing grinding from all of the nintendo sonic games as the last one I know of is Generations. And you could only do that as MODERN sonic.

Chicagoan; have you SEEN Sega's redesigned cast for the game? Sonic looks nowhere NEAR his original(mod) self; knuckles is bigger and has muscles like in the 100th comic; Tails has a toolbelt, his classic gloves and goggles that look suspiciously like Eggman's; and Amy actually looks sexy with a shorter belted dress, thigh high leggings, and her boots, but with golden buttons.

I have a BAD feeling that Sega's going to redesign the entire sonic game mechanic, take away grinding, AND kill off some of the original cast too.

Feb 10, 2014chicagoan

I understand what you're saying about the design and feel of the game, the Sonic in this game is less modern and more...action and adventure western? Without guns? People are comparing it to Ratchet and Clank. But I think there is room to fit the grind mechanic in missions.

There is also apparently supposed to be a different japanese made game that will see release for all consoles. Maybe this is a better target for soap. It is true that it seems as if many elements in this new "Boom" game could be brand new and old characters like silver and shadow will not be making a return.

Feb 11, 2014mcgrinder2011

Seen the trailer and I guess it's only the old(sonic, knuckles, tails, and Amy) cast. I'd say they all look more like Castaway survivors taking all the wraps into consideration and the fact that they ARE on an island.

And I'm not sure if there's going to be grinding. If you look at the teaser; there is no grinding. So that may be the case for SB. That was also the case for Lost World.

Feb 11, 2014mcgrinder2011

btw SB is the current last nintendo Sonic game to date so I'm lucky that Sega may do another partnership with Microsoft.

Feb 13, 2014chicagoan

Its a shame this topic is basically obsolete since there is no confirmed relaunch of soap anymore :\

Feb 13, 2014mcgrinder2011

boo SBG. let's try and get a company we can trust... Like Nike or Reebok.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Ryan Armstrong, Maxwell, and Casey Faris with the double FS and double flip
Derek Brooks with a backside farfegnugen in a Des Moines parking garage
Jason Fillo of DEOS hittin a Unity in Newark, Delaware
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
Chris Wren sliding in front of some nice Junipers