Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
THE NEXT SOAP VIDEO? ON DVD?
May 9, 2014 by JAUNZEMIS

Wondering who might be interested in such a thing. - Just a thought...
Replies

May 10, 2014mcgrinder2011

I'd love to help, But I'm not very good. I've only busted frontsides and torques outside of practice.

May 10, 2014grug250

the melboune soapers are in

May 12, 2014gongon1037

The summer is coming soon, and im itching to rock my soaps again.

May 13, 2014mcgrinder2011

Same here, they've finally been repaired properly and my feet are itching for some rail action!

May 18, 2014Revengasaur

I'm gonna go soap on Monday. WinglessAvian, who used to post here all the time broke his leg getting sick in the 10ft bowl ON ROLLERSKATES. He was the other half of my crew (duo?) and has been out of action for the better part of 6 months. I'm gonna start up some random solo mission action periodically. Revolutionary cell style, haha.

Also, in regards to some silly stuff that's been going down on SG: remember that being a soaper means you're gonna have to put up with people trying to punk you out because you're part of a forgotten sub-sub-culture that was never really seen as "cool" in the first place. There are very few of us left. Let's stick together. This is now, sadly, an unmoderated forum. We can self moderate by just ignoring posts we don't like or find offensive. As always, don't feed the troll.
Specifically to Ryan: Word up. Props for not abandoning us. Despite what else you may or may not be, you have always stood up for and promoted soap. Do you think you could get in touch with Derek and see if he'll grant somebody mod/admin status for the board?
Thanks everybody for posting and keeping the fun alive.

May 18, 2014mcgrinder2011

Hey, you're on again since like, 3 months ago! To put it bluntly, I wasn't trying to feed the troll, just trying to take care of a spammer non-mod-Mineboard-style. I'm glad you're still soaping. We need more people like you who'll support the good name. Props to you.

May 18, 2014gongon1037

I haven't seen any spam or trolling here in quite some time.

I'm glad to be back here though, I haven't done any serious soaping in a while. Gonna start practicing again during the summer.

May 18, 2014kowalski

It isn't sad that there are no mods. Mods are a problem not a solution.

May 19, 2014mcgrinder2011

Not really Kowalski, Mods just take care of Spammers and hardcore trolls and enforce the rules if there is any major rule breaking.

May 19, 2014kowalski

Yes, really. Any time one person or group of people have power over another person or group of people it is a problem.

May 20, 2014mcgrinder2011

Not in my case. I'm a good mod on MB and I'd be good on here if I were mod.

May 20, 2014kowalski

There is no such thing as a benevolent dictator, it is a contradiction in terms. The removal of freedom is not benevolence.

May 20, 2014kowalski

"Do you want to make it impossible for anyone to oppress his fellow-man? Then make sure that no one shall possess power."

~ Mikhail Bakunin

May 20, 2014mcgrinder2011

First, there may not be such thing as a benevolent dictator, but I'm no dictator. I moderate issues by hearing both sides of the story and reading the whole discussion. If there's anything I've learned by being lead, and only, mod of Mineboard, and living in a dysfunctional household; it's to first hear both sides of the story and deal with the one who started it first.

Why do you think I got onto YOU first for the 'Ryan is a prick' argument, hmm?

Second: I didn't get that quote, but it's likely from an anarchist. Your ideology must be libertarian, right?

May 20, 2014kowalski

Yes, you are trying to be a dictator because you are trying to decide over an issue where you are not a party nor have you been invited to interfere by all parties unanimously. You want to be able to have powers over others who do not voluntarily submit to those powers, that is inherently a negative quality and you should try to rid yourself of it.

I have regularly been in the role of mediator myself (I'm a big fan of NVC... when I actually want to resolve something), but I have never tried to force myself onto some people as an unwanted mediator as you are doing here.

Saying 'Ryan is a prick' isn't an argument, it is a statement. So, yeah, again you are wrong about as you say 'who started it'. I didn't start any arguments here. Read again, it is the others who disagreed with me and when they disagreed with me they, by definition, began arguing with me. It is without question that the arguments between me and the others were started by the others arguing with my statement.

In simple terms:
A statement is not an argument.
An argument does not start with a statement.
An argument starts with the negation of a statement.

I'm not a libertarian in the modern sense (because that term has been hijacked by free-market capitalists). I think the closest descriptor of my collected political thoughts would be 'anarchist'.

Some information:
Thinking in terms of who is to blame (e.g. "who started it") is not a good mediation tactic.
Thinking in terms of their being two-sides to a story is not a good mediation tactic.
Trying to "deal with" one or other party is not a good mediation tactic.

Yes, you want to be a dictator.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Amy Gerein hittin a Fastslide (see, chicks can soap too)
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Grinding a tall handrail
Daz Burt pulling a frontside 'nugen during the UKFSW Ipswich trip.
Derek Brooks hittin a Makio across the newspaper stand
Jon Thorpe hittin a Frontside